Prashasti is a working IT professional, who in her free leisure time can be found writing or reading poems, stories, articles.
Now, many of us feel these 24 hours are too much to spend in a day. On the contrary, others say that they fall short of time and cannot even complete their planned activities. I agree with both groups. At certain times, I also feel the same that both the days and night could be shorter, avoiding less time to stay idle. Additionally, maybe both the days and night could be a little longer. And it could give us some more time before and after the office to complete other tasks. Also, we could even get more hours of sleep without worrying about getting late.
However, I think most of you will agree with the point I am going to make now. Often the moment we are alone at home, boredom strikes. But, when left with people, time flies. I guess the difficult part of spending any day is all alone and get past it without ever getting bored.
So, what do you do when you are home alone? And if you don't do much, then do you want some idea? What can you do to contribute to your day constructively?
Ways to Plan Your Day When Home Alone
Below, I am about to discuss a few ways of avoiding monotony by spending a day at home doing stuff.
- Common, cheer up finally, you got a chance to be home alone. The first and foremost part of spending a leisure day at home is simply lying in bed and relaxing your body and mind. I know you must be getting annoyed at how I can discuss such a silly thing. But relaxing is the best medicine for a human. Often in a fast-paced life, we forget to give our bodies the rest it needs. However, if you think staying on the bed doing nothing is overwhelming for you, then you can add a few activities to this as per your interest and choice. Like you can spend time watching Netflix while lying down on the bed or sofa. Also, in between, when you feel exhausted, set your remote or laptop aside and sleep.
- If you enjoy reading, then you must take out some time for it. Find the best corner of your house and sit down with a cup of coffee or tea, whichever you prefer, and pick the best book in your drawer and read. This way, you will neither get bored nor feel like you wasted your day doing nothing.
- Does hunger make you step out of your house or bed even when you don't want to? Then you are a perfect host for cooking and serving yourself any meal that you want to eat. Spend your day by cooking your favorite snack. This activity will help you work out both physically and mentally. And you will end up being happy and satisfied in doing this.
- Are you allergic to dirt and dust? Yay, I found another exercise for you. A day when you are alone and don't feel like doing much, dusting and cleaning the house or a few specific areas will help you feel relaxed. It might exhaust you as well, but anyways what's better than getting fatigued? Both the time and dirt will pass soon, and you will also complete a long pending task.
- How often do you get a chance to clean yourself? Staying tidy is the best way of staying fit and healthy. I know you take a bath daily, however apart from visiting beauty parlors in a month, do you take out time for your body? Being home alone is the best time for it. Rejuvenating your body with healthy options will bring smoothness and calmness. You can look for ways to pedicure, manicure, hair spa, natural facial treatment therapies. All of these will help you end with a good day.
- The other thing you can add to your list is gardening. If plants are the first or second love of your life, then go ahead shower them some love by trimming the leaves, adding manure to the soil, or maybe even planting a few new ones.
- There are many other activities, which you can add to your to-do list. Activities which you love doing but cannot due to being busy. Some of them like writing, painting, drawing, music, etc. A hobby that you feel you have not been able to take out time for, now, is the best time to do it.
My whole idea of this article was not to lecture you on things but to guide you on ways to save a little time for yourself. I am here to help you understand that one can achieve a lot in a day if one wants to. A day of 24 hours is long enough to perform several activities that you love to make yourself happier.
Don't get bored with your day. You have a lot to do apart from lying. Plan your activities and tasks basis priority. And see the magic happening in life. Now, go ahead and wait for the day when you are stuck at home, alone. Or plan your day accordingly if you stay alone and share your experiences with me. I would love to hear from each one of you. Plus, I am excited to read your thoughts.
Have a good day! Catch you guys later! Bye!
© 2021 Prashasti B