Skip to main content
Updated date:

Why is Water Important?

Author:
what-is-water-all-information-on-water

How big is water in our lives

Water, or water in its known form, is important for the survival of life. There is no colour, smell or taste of fresh water. The water is full of wells, rivers, lakes, and oceans. The primary constituent of all body fluids is also water. The mixture of one atom of oxygen and two atoms of hydrogen is a water molecule. In three states, water is found: solid, liquid, and gaseous. To refer to a liquid state, the term water is used.

It is calculated by the United Nations Environment Program that the total volume of water available on Earth in different forms is 140 billion cubic kilometres. Water occupies about 71 per cent of the surface of the planet. Of the world's climate, about 97 per cent is in the oceans. Freshwater makes up the remaining 3 per cent. About three quarters are found in icebergs and glaciers. In the seas and wide bodies of water, most of the Earth's water is contained. Freshwater, for human life, is important. Around 65 per cent of an organism's body is water. Yet freshwater is in short supply in many parts of the world. From the Sanskrit word, Malayalam water is derived. It is called water in Malayalam and is called jal in Hindi.

what-is-water-all-information-on-water

Water in our body

Water comprises two-thirds of the human body. There is water for about 77 per cent of newborns, 65 per cent of adults and 50 per cent of adults. The main role is to provide various parts of the body with oxygen and nutrients. It eliminates the toxins and toxins created in the body at the same time. Thus, water's functions are to control the temperature of the body and control metabolism. Around 35 litres of water is required by an adult body.

International Freshwater Year

2003 was designated as the International Year of the Oceans, under the auspices of the United Nations.

what-is-water-all-information-on-water

Specialization

In 1781, Joseph Priestley artificially produced water. Low density, elevated melting point, boiling point and solubility are the properties of water. Hydrogen bonding occurs because of the water's molecular structure. For each water molecule, four such bonds are possible. Molecular chains are, therefore, shaped. This is the reason why the water at room temperature is in liquid form.
It takes on the shape of the vessel in which it sits. Water does not have a particular shape. To travel, water requires a hollow medium (tube) inside.

Related Articles