I am on a mission to help 100000 people with my writing by helping students and parents for career counselling, mentor, life coaching.....
Weight Loss for Beginners: Start Losing Calories Quickly
Weight loss is something, which is more like a trend nowadays than a fitness achievement and this is the reason it is gaining a lot of attention. At least one member of each family in India is facing the issue of weight gain. This is due to the paradigm shift from the natural lifestyle and food habits, which changed in the past few decades. Along with that, most people have gained weight during this lockdown due to less physical activity and consuming more food. Thereafter, people are trying to lose weight, stay fit and healthy, especially after the coronavirus breakout.
People understand that weight loss not only helps in staying fit but also assists them in achieving a work-life balance. A healthy body leads to a healthy mind, healthy well-being and relationship with others.
If you are planning to start losing calories quickly then do not directly jump into exercise, gym or diets. At first, you must know why you want to stay fit? How much weight do you want to lose? and up to what level you want to lose weight?
The fitness goal for anyone generally falls in one of these types:
1. Weight loss
2. Gaining weight
3. Bodybuilding/muscle building
4. Achieving more strength/stamina
Many people start their fitness journey when they gain weight and start getting tired quite easily. You also want to lose weight because you might have gained some weight, want to have more strength or looking for specific body shape. In the beginning, people start with a lot of energy and warmth. However, after a few weeks all the motivation and energy laps subsequently, they get back to their previous routine.
Thereafter, it is crucial to find the reason why you are starting your weight loss journey. Also, how much weight do you want to lose in the next 30 or 90 days? Maintaining a diet is very important irrespective of the workout and exercises you do. Since our body replicates and responses to what we put inside it. Most of the weight loss target can be easily accomplished by the choices the right choice of what to eat? whether the food will help you to lose weight or not? More specifically, to lose weight, your body has to have a calorie deficit. You can even do very litter and achieve your fat loss goal.
In the beginning, you can start with 20-30 minutes walking and a few freehand exercises. The basic to stretch your all body muscles once in a week. The gym is not necessary unless you to strengthen and build muscles.
Few important fact check which is brought into your notice before moving ahead.
Fact Check -1 You need to join a gym.
You do not need to join the gym to lose weight. The major part of the weight loss can be accomplished by a few minor changes in food habits. Rather, you can buy fresh fruits from the same gym membership amount.
Fact Check -2 You need to have whey protein
It is not at all required to have whey protein to lose weight. You can increase your protein intake by choosing a high protein for options. Secondly, it is not much required to increase your protein requirements. For those, who want to increase muscles and do bodybuilding for them increasing the protein intake is essential.
Fact Check -3 You need to follow a strict diet plan and forget all the junk food
For weight lose one most important thing is that you have to go through the calorie deficit. One can opt low carb diet, keto diet or do more exercise to burn up the calories and eat fewer calories.
Fact Check -4 You have to avoid eating rice
It is not necessary to remove rice from your diet or food option but yes if your work profile involves on desk setting job then try to minimise or rice intake or if you can afford then you can opt the brown rice.
Here are the lists of the thighs one can do easily to start his/her weight loss journey.
- You need to replace sugar with other alternative Sugar rock (Misri). you can also use date sugar etc. this will reduce the rate of fat accumulation in your body.
- You should minimise your salt intake. Especially when you are habituated of having extra salt with each meal.
- You can have a glass of warm lemon water with rock salt. You can also use one teaspoon of honey this will help to burn the bat fast.
- I had 2-3 almonds in the morning soaked at night. You can use different types of dry fruits in the morning nuts and dates. They will provide the necessary fivers and minerals needed for your body.
- You can have one cup of Channa chat (Chickpea) in the morning soaked at night with onion, tomato, and alu bhujya to make it testy. This gives you high protein and fibres.
- Decrease your calorie intake by replacing the main dish with salad in the meal. Subsequently, this will help you to eat more protein and fibre.
- It is recommended that you should replace evening and untimely snacks with seasonal fruits. As choosing the right and healthy food option is important. Along with that, fruits give you the vitamins and minerals required for your body.
- Physical activity boosts the fat loss process and helps to have good sleep. You can do the walking, running, a combination of walking and running, or freehand exercise for about 30 minutes 5-6 day each week.
- You should drink at least 3 litres of water daily. It keeps your body hydrated and helps all the organs to function properly.
- You should try to have your meals around the same time daily. This helps your body to synchronise systematically and help in optimising your fat loss process.
- You should try to have your meal on or before 7 pm. This eventually leads to intermediate fasting, which is very useful for weight loss and deal with other diseases also.
- You should have a good sleep of 7-8 hours daily.
As a foodie, it is very difficult to control your craving, and often time it had been seen that people follow strict diet plan for a month or so then after cannot control their craving and end up with having much junk food, snacks, chocolates and sweets etc. Thereafter knowing the fact I use to have a plate of biryani every week and sweets every 10 -15 days. This lead to the control of my craving over the favourite foods and the craving did not rise to its extreme.
Finally, I would like to say if you are planning to lose weight then after setting up your goal you must try and check what works for you and what does not work or suite your body. Since everyone’s body reacts differently than another. Depending upon the nature, dissection and reaction of your body you can add or remove the things you eat. Hope shearing my experience helped you, you got, and understanding to how to start your weight loss journey. Do let me know if you are remained with any questions in your mind and also let me know what is the difficult part to start your weight loss journey. If you had already stared or lost weight then also share your experience and difficulties. I will highly appreciate your comment and love to read you.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2020 Abu Talha Sohail
Abu Talha Sohail (author) from Siliguri, India on September 17, 2020:
Thank you for your words of appreciation Poonam Malik mam. The article was written to help others for fat without losing a lot of money.
Nikhil Sharma from India on September 15, 2020:
A well-thought-out article on weight loss.
You've not only encircled the reasons for weight gain these days but have also busted several myths related to it. It has become essential to losing weight as it leads to happiness and improves the overall quality of our life.
Thank you for the useful tips on weight loss, Mr. Abu. Well done!
POONAM MALIK from Faridabad on September 15, 2020:
A very well-written article. Congratulations, Mr, Abu. You have tackled the topic in an interesting manner. The tips are useful too. Many people will surely be benefited.