Electrical treatment of bites and stings
Electricity - in a knowledgeable way - can be used to assist healing, relieve itching and pain of various bites including mosquito, spider, unknown 'bugs' and even snakebite.
In the 1960s a modified stun gun was utilized in the South American jungles to 'neutralize the poisonous snakebites' when no other medical help was available. In the 1990s several solar electrical 'shocking' units were given to a missionary group in India for protection against known poisionous snakebite. In the United States there is a grassroots population that utilizes homemade electrical machines against rattlesnake bites, recluse spider bites, and this is used exclusively, or on occasion until further medical assistance obtained. There are several small units and/or plans to build-it-yourself units available for use on minor irritating bites such as mosquite, fire ant, garden spider and other non-life threatening injuries. There are simple units operating by a 6 volt bettery for these minor type bites, and are portable, rescue type aids for campers, hunters, and the back yard incidents too.
The utilization of controlled electricity is found to be greatly useful on these occasions because it neutralizes the venom proteins of the particular type animal/insect. The quicker it is applied to the bite the better it is able to protect against further injury, but it has been applied to recluse spider bites several days afterward, and still proceeded to produce rapid healing without the furtherence of tissue necrotization as is typical with these horrible bites.
There is much discussion, informative advice on its use, and warnings regarding possible adverse events, available on a search engine procedure online. Technology often develops by accident, grows with varied personal use, and is accepted with further proof and personal experience of many users. This one has been proven helpful for many. Several have been compiled by investigative science students with evident success.
One must be cautioned however, to KNOW what you are doing in using electricity, and what NOT to do in your experimentations. Procede with care, utilize the possibilities with intelligence. Share your knowledge with others. Learn in giving and receiving.
One is antique Electreat, other is modern electroaccupuncture unit. Modified stun gun is not displayed.
Antique electrical battery unit above
This Electreat is a one D-cell unit. I also have a two D-cell unit which is a bit stronger. I found out about them a few years back and bought several on eBay specifically for sting/bite use as we have a lot of Recluse spiders in this area, and a daughter who is 'allergic' to mosquito bites. I have used it two different times for 'advancing' Recluse spider bites on family members with total success. That means rapid healing with no necessary medicines or surgery and nothing but bare minimal scarring in one instance. If you would like to read my experience regarding this, it is written up at www.naturalnews.com, formerly called News Target. Just do a search on electricity for bites and stings.
Optional use of six or nine volt battery for first aid
An utterly simple option for treatment of mild or non-lethal itchy bites is the use of a nine or six volt battery. For camping or travel use when no other assistance is available, most of us would have access to a nine volt battery.
The procedure to 'electrify' the mosquito or bug bite is to use tiny bits of tissue folded into a 1/4 x1/4 inch square for each electrode of the battery. This should not be a large ball, but a flattened and water-soaked 'pad' to place on the electrode, then placing the padded electrode areas over the bite. It must be hand-held in place to maintain contact, and the tissue pads must remain well wetted. You will not feel anything, but the minute amount of electricity will go from electrode to electrode through the bite area, thus helping neutralize the protein bug toxin.
If you have the wire attachment as seen in the picture, you are already set up even easier. If you can strip about a half inch of coating from the end of each wire, then attach (wrap) the pads of wet tissue or thin cloth to each uncoated wire area. These may then be taped on each side of the bite and the battery held in place, also by tape. It does take time to reduce itching, pain or swelling, and this varies with the bite and skin sensitivity, and how soon you were able to attach the electrical charge after the bite occurred. The sooner applied, the quicker it will be resolved, sometimes in just five or six minutes, if a mild bite.
Remember, tissue must remain wet - you can periodically drop drops of water on them without removing from skin if desired, unless you want to change positioning of the electrodes. It will not cause pain, nor be noticeable UNLESS you contact the skin with the WIRE for a length of time, and that could possibly cause a small burn if left on long enough. It does take some time - depending on the type of bite and whether or not the itching or stinging stops noticably enough to remove the battery and see if the area remains improved.
It is possible that a re-application is necessary to some bites, but this is not problematic, and will again assist resolution of the itch or sting for a time. Hopefully, it will resolve this totally but care should be used in making certain no infection occurs later. The electrical charge is not usually strong enough to fully dismiss this possibility.
New simple cure for Recluse spider bites.
7-11-2014 Just read an amazing article by RoyBlizzard here on HubPages, and he informs us of a new and basically unknown way to prevent any necrosis or problem after a Recluse bite.
A must read for those of us with many unwanted spidery companions! His link is below, with the experience of Dr. Burton.
Good hubs here with some great pictures!
- Brown Recluse Spider Bites – A Cure by Dr. Kenneth Burton
If you get bit by a Brown Recluse, do you want it to eat a huge hole in your body while the Doctors can do nothing but treat your pain and distress? Not me. I learned years ago from a medical Dr. how to treat them safely without your flesh rotting aw
- What You Should Know about the Brown Recluse Spider
The Brown Recluse Spider is a nocturnal spider that is native to the United States. It is found primarily in the central midwestern states, predominately in Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Missouri. Dark area...
- How to Identify Venomous United States Spiders
Venomous spiders in the United States vary from highly dangerous, like the brown recluse and the black widow, to the virtually harmless, such as the St. Andrews cross spider. Often, spiders are referred...
Ben Obi from Nigeria on March 03, 2020:
frogyfish (author) from Central United States of America on June 22, 2015:
Francisco, glad you are ok from your bite. Be aware too, that Wolf spiders are enemies of the Recluse spider, so don't kill them! They can grow really large, have a light stripe down the back, but they are good spiders! Thanks for your comment.
Francisco on May 31, 2015:
if I hadn't gotten to the ecegrenmy room when I did, the inflammation from the bite might have gone to my brain. !!! Scary.The good news is, there's probably someone who can help. When I was trying to figure out what bit me, I tracked down a guy in NJ who was in charge of vector control for the state. He knew an amazing amount about spiders. "Vector control" basically means controlling anything that can spread disease or harm through biting, stinging, etc., so spiders qualify. I would say TN has a similar person, and that would be the very one to ask about handling a brown recluse infestation. If people go blank at the term "vector control", ask them who handles the state's mosquito control policy. Mosquitoes are a vector source of disease. That person should at least be able to get you on the right track.Alternatively, call some Nashville university's entomology department and ask for the spider specialist.
frogyfish on May 06, 2010:
Sorry, I lost the couple of comments left here. This information could be helpful in several situations and in fact did 'rescue' treatment of the two recluse bites. Also it is great on my itchy mosquito bites!