Lynn is a mother of two always looking to save a few dollars and constantly researching new ways to improve her and her families lifestyle.
Personal safety is something that should not be laughed at or considered paranoia. Being cautious and making sure we are aware our surroundings is the best practice to make sure a situation does not turn unfavorable.
We have all heard the urban legend stories of people hiding under your car or in your backseat. These stories were meant to scare us as children so we would listen to our parents and not do anything too crazy. However, there is a little truth behind them and it's better to be safe than sorry right.
Top Tips to Stay Safe
- Always look under your car as you approach it (someone could be under it and grab your leg )
- Always check the backseat before getting in your car.
- Lock your door as soon as you get in the car.
- Always park under a light in a parking lot or street.
- Carry your keys in your hand you can press the panic button or use them as a weapon if need be.
- Always hide an emergency twenty in your glove box.
- Do not talk on your cell phone while walking by yourself at night it will distract you.
- Do not have your earbuds in, you will not be able to hear.
- Never go over to anyone’s car if they are asking for help to get help or call 911 once you are I a populated area.
- If you think you are being followed make all left turns if the car is still behind you call 911 and go to a well-lit area with others around do not get out of the car, keep doors locked until police arrive.
- Do not share your location on social media.
- If meeting someone from online do it in a public place and make sure you tell others where you are.
- Never leave your drink unattended or accept one from someone (unless you watched it be poured or opened.
- Walk quickly, with your head up and always look people in the eye, this will help you look like less of a target if you're confident.
- Walk in well-lit areas stay away from alleyways, trees or brush as there could be places for assailants to lurk.
- Never pull over for an unmarked car if you feel uneasy call 911 and they will let you know if its a real police officer behind you.
- Trust your gut, if a situation doesn't feel right remove yourself from as soon as you can, walk faster, get to a well-populated area and call someone, call 911 if need be.
If you prefer there are also apps available on your phone whether its android or ios.
The apps come in different forms and price ranges. One you hold a button until you feel you are in a safe environment, another you shake the phone or press the power button repeatedly to send a private emergency sos, you will have to decide which is best for you.
I, however, am clumsy and do not want to alert people by accident so since I have never used them I do not want to give a false review.
If you obey all the rules, you’ll miss all the fun. ~
— Katharine Hepburn
Final Tip :Live Life
This is my most important tip
- Do Not Be Afraid to Live Life.
Life is all about having fun and taking chances, but you just have to be safe while you're doing it. If you want to go skydiving just make sure you have a parachute, drive a race car make sure you have the right gear is all I'm saying.
Go out have fun enjoy it just stay aware!