The third annual Hay House HEAL Summit was packed with powerful and inspirational information from well-known health experts and meditation teachers. The theme was Heal: Awaken the Powerful Healer Within You.
This 7-day free event took place the week of February 15th of 2021. It produced fresh online videos of interviews with health experts and teachers such as Jill Bolte Taylor, Bruce Lipton, Alberto Villoldo, Deepak Chopra, Nikka Karli, and Marianne Williamson.
Areas of Healing
Kelly Noonan Gores, producer and actress, interviewed four of them each day for a total of 28 conversations with an emphasis on different areas of healing.
Day 1 Healing Your Body
Day 2 Healing Your Heart
Day 3 Healing Your Emotions
Day 4 Healing Your Mind
Day 5 Healing Your Energy
Day 6 Healing Your Spirit
Day 7 Healing Miraculously
Here are what three of them communicated to us.
On day 1, Kelly interviewed Bruce Lipton, Ph.D., author of the books “Spontaneous Evolution” and “The Biology of Belief”.
I found the 84-minute interview just fascinating. He talked about how to regenerate new cells and boost your immunity naturally. He asserted that the fountain of youth is in our cells.
Here are his tips on what our response to life should be:
- Love, especially yourself.
- Service to the planet which gives meaning to life.
- Self-study promotes a balance of prana —the life force of the universe.
- Devotion to one’s God or Higher Power.
Transform your brain, transform your world.
— Jim Kwik
On day 4, Kelly interviewed Jim Kwik who is the author of the book “Limitless: Upgrade Your Brain, Learn Anything Faster, and Unlock Your Exceptional Life”.
Here are his essential tips for keeping your memory sharp:
- Good brain diet (neuro-nutrients); eat healthy food like avocado, blueberries, turmeric, broccoli, olive oil, kale, spinach, walnut, almonds, dark chocolate, Omega 3.
- Reduce automatic negative thoughts. Turn “Why is this happening, to what can I learn from this?”
- Exercise. Knowledge alone is not enough. “When my body moves, my mood grooves,” he said. “Knowing is not enough, you must apply. Willing is not enough, you must do.”
- Brain nutrients from food. It is good to consult a nutritionist. He quoted, “Transform your brain, transform your world”.
- Positive peer group. “Who you spend time with is who you become”. The treasure you seek is in your routine.
- Clean environment; superior quality clean air and decluttered living and working space
- Sleep is essential for long-term and short-term memory; it also promotes dreaming.
- Protect your brain from injury as in wear a helmet when biking.
- Learn something every day for reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body. He invited you to find one subject or skill that you would like to learn every month.
- Manage your stress level because chronic stress shrinks the human brain.
On day 7, Kelly interviewed Deepak Chopra, M.D., and author of the book “Creating a Body That Heals Itself”.
Kelly asked Dr. Chopra if the human body is capable of healing itself from injury or illness.
Dr. Chopra talked about homeostasis, which is the state where the human body self-regulates. Your experiences happen in your consciousness which has no form and is not located in time and space. Consciousness projects itself as the body, as the universe. So, experiences happen in a formless, dimensionless conscience which is you. He also talked briefly about yoga saying that yoga asana means “seat of awareness”.
As a meditation teacher, Dr. Chopra talked about four kinds of meditation methods:
- Self-reflection—You sit quietly and ask yourself “Who Am I?” You keep asking yourself this question until you realize who you are.
- Self-inquiry or Contemplation—You question your own beliefs because self-belief is a thought. This includes the belief that you are a body, a mind, or a personality.
- Prayer—Prayer can take many forms. One of these forms is asking for help. Or it could be a way of expressing love and devotion for the Divine which are crucial aspects of your spiritual journey.
- Mindfulness—You practise awareness of the body, externally and internally. On the inside, you become aware of your organs such as the heart, the liver, the kidneys, etc. This will help you become aware without labeling, judging, evaluating, or analyzing. You become aware of your mental space —thoughts, feelings, emotions, imagination— of your knowledge and of your relationships.
Experiences happen in a formless, dimensionless conscience which is you.
— Deepak Chopra
The February Hay HEAL Summit was inspirational and heartening. You can own the online videos for a reasonable price.
If you are interested in attending future similar events that are free of charge, register with Hay House on their website and they will email you information about upcoming similar events.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2021 Liliane Najm