Today the world is fighting against COVID-19. Mask and sanitization is a must but, so is building an unbreakable immunity.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away
We know this phrase all too well. But, have you ever thought that there could be numerous other such foods that can help you improve your health and immunity.
Today the world is facing one of the biggest problems, a viral disease, COVID-19. Of course, following the protocol is a must but, so is maintaining an indestructible immunity.
Now, the question arises, how to uplift our immunity? What can we do to improve our immunity? Many people stick to taking medications to do so. But, what if I say that there are even greater immunity boosters residing in your very own kitchen?
Yes! Your kitchen is cramming with such superfoods. Here is the list of those elements which can boost your immunity like nothing else.
Tinospora cordifolia which, we generally recognize as Heart-leaved Moonseed or Giloy, is one of the core elements to boost your immunity. Apart from improving immunity, Giloy also has several other health benefits. Giloy is beneficial to us in the following ways:
· Activates and uplifts the immune system of your body.
· Boosts the general health of the skin and also acts as a detoxifier and an anti-aging compound.
· Giloy has significant anti-inflammatory properties against diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, gout, etc.
· It has calming effects which, make it great stress and anxiety reliever. Moreover, it enhances memory due to its potential of crossing the blood barrier of the brain.
· It also improves digestion and liver functions.
· It also cures respiratory ailments such as bronchitis, chronic cough, etc.
Curcuma longa, or better known as Turmeric (Haldi), is also a key element in boosting immunity. It also has healing properties. The main inspiriting content in turmeric is curcumin, present in the amount of 3–5%. Even a small dose of turmeric every day is enough to get the best results.
Do you know how else this simple spice can help you? Let me tell you:
· Just like Giloy, turmeric also proved to be beneficial in upper respiratory tracts related and branchial problems.
· It also reduces the direct impact of cold, cough, and flu because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
· The curcumin present in turmeric help in uplifting the immunity and inhibits the replication of viruses.
3. Dry Fruits
Dry fruits are considered the powerhouses of energy and great snacks. But did you know that they are great immunity boosters as well? Yup! That’s true.
Dry fruits are laden with ions and oils that are essential for the human body. Some dry fruits like almonds, cashew nuts, and walnuts contain Vitamin E, which acts as an antioxidant and helps fight ailments and infections.
Consuming dry fruits also helps reducing stress levels.
4. Citrus Fruits
Citrus fruits like oranges, mandarins, tangerines, etc., are great immunity boosters, mainly because of one common element, that is, Vitamin C.
Kiwi fruit, pineapple, guavas, bell peppers, strawberries, broccoli, papaya, tomatoes, etc., also are good sources of Vitamin C.
But exactly how Vitamin C helps us? Let’s see:
· Being a potent antioxidant, it boosts immunity and reduces inflammation.
· Vitamin C rejuvenates the skin by enhancing collagen production. Vitamin C also got substantial wound healing properties.
· According to some evidence and studies on animals and humans, Vitamin C proved to be utilitarian in reducing lung inflammation and acute respiratory ailments.
Ginger has a long medicinal history due to its nutritional value. But did you know it’s a perfect immunity booster as well. A compound called, Gingerol is an active constituent of ginger that can uplift your immunity.
Let me show you how effective ginger is:
· Ginger can help fight several illnesses because of its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
· It’s an instant remedy in cases of flu, common cold, vomiting, and stomach aches.
· Ginger is also the ultimate solution for the sour throat.
6. Black Pepper
Black pepper may seem to be just a spice but, it is a whole lot of a package of medicinal properties. It is both an anti-bacterial agent and an antioxidant. It is a good source of Vitamin C as well.
But what can this spice do that make it a tremendously marvelous medicine? Let’s see:
· First, of course, it’s a great immunity booster because of its antioxidant properties.
· Black pepper helps in quitting smoking. Puffing on a vapor device with black pepper oil will reduce your nicotine craving gradually.
· It is effective in respiratory diseases, stuffy nose, sinus infection, upset stomach, and acidity.
· Black pepper also provides relief from normal pain, nerve pain, menstrual pain, etc.
· It has also proved to be a wonderful aid to depression and anxiety.
There are many things that you need to keep in mind for staying healthy and safe. But, eating right could be a great start. Eating just one of the things that I mentioned above won’t be enough. You have to make these superfoods a part of your life to stay safe and healthy. Also, take care of daily intake to make sure that you are intaking the right amount.
You can’t control what goes on outside, but you CAN control what goes on inside.
Today it’s high time for us to realize how important our health is to us. We can’t just go on trying every single medication that claims to be a health booster. Nature provides us everything, you just have to make an effort and look for it.
Please share this article with the people you care about and remember, eat healthy, be safe.
© 2021 Khushboo Bishnoi