Every Filipino deserves a trusted health insurance that will surely support their medical payments in times that they need it.
We are already familiar with PhilHealth as it is one of the famous health insurance in the country. Even when you applied for job and get accepted, the company will asked about your PhilHealth number. Aside from PhilHealth, there are also other trusted and affordable health insurance companies in the Philippines. See the list below for some of the registered healthcare insurance companies in the Philippines.
First established in 1955, Philippine Health Insurance Corporation also called PhilHealth is a tax-exempt, government-owned and government-controlled corporation (GOCC) in the Philippines. PhilHealth is connected to the Department of Health (DOH). It expresses its objective as safeguarding a manageable national medical coverage program for Filipinos.
PhilHealth In Patient Benefits
- These benefits are paid to the accredited Health Care Institution (HCI) through All Case Rates
- The case rate sum might be deducted by the HCI from the part's aggregate bill, which should incorporate proficient expenses of going to doctors, before release
- The case rate sum is comprehensive of doctor's facility charges and expert expenses of going to doctor
- Availment condition: Member must have no less than three (3) months' premium commitments inside of the quick six (6) months before the month of availment
- Documents required: duplicate of Member Data Record or PhilHealth Benefit Eligibility Form (PBEF) and appropriately refined PhilHealth Claim Form 1
- Where accessible: all licensed HCIs*
*Different case rate sums for chose medicinal conditions are being actualized when done in Primary Care offices (PhilHealth Circular 14, s-2013)
- Only acceptable cases should be reimbursed
PhilHealth Outpatient Benefits
- Day Surgeries
(Ambulatory Or Outpatient Surgeries) Are Services That Include Elective
(Non-Emergency) Surgical Procedures Ranging From Minor To Major Operations, Where Patients Are Safely Sent Home Within The Same Day For Post-Operative Care
- Radio Therapy
- Outpatient Blood Transfusion
- Tamang Serbisyo Para Sa Kalusugan Ng Pamilya (TSeKaP)
PhilHealth Z Benefits
- Acute Lymphocytic / Lymphoblastic Leukemia (standard risk) P210,000
- Breast Cancer (stage 0 to IIIA) P100,000
- Prostate Cancer (low to intermediate risk) P100,000
- End-state renal disease eligible for requiring kidney transplantation (low risk) P600,000
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery (standard risk) P550,000
- Surgery for Tetralogy of Fallot in Children P320,000
- Surgery for Ventricular Septal Defect in Children P250,000
- Cervical Cancer:
Chemoradiation with Cobalt and Brachytherapy (low dose) or Primary surgery for Stage IA1, IA2 – IIA1 P120,000
Chemoradiation with Linear Accelerator and Brachytherapy (high dose) P175,000
- Z MORPH (Mobility, Orthosis, Rehabilitation, Prosthesis Help)- first right and/or left below the knee P15,000- both limbs P30,000
- Selected Orthopedic Implants
1. Implants for Hip Arthroplasty - Implants Hip Prosthesis, cemented*
- Total Hip Prosthesis, cementless**
- Partial Hip Prosthesis, bipolar
*cemented: 66 years old and above
** cementless: 65 years and 364 days old and below
2. Implants for Hip Fixation
- Multiple screw fixation (MSF)*** 6.5mm cannulated cancellous screws with washer
***59 years and 364 days old and below (both displaced and undisplaced fracture); 60 years old and above (undisplaced fracture)
3. Implants for Pertrochanteric Fracture
- Compression Hip Screw Set (CHS)
- Proximal Femoral Locked Plate (PFLP)
4. Implants for Femoral Shaft Fracture
- Intramedullary Nail with Interlocking Screws
- Locked Compression Plate (LCP) – Broad / Metaphyseal / Distal Femoral LC
“PD First” - for End-Stage Renal Disease Requiring Peritoneal Dialysis
P270,000 per year
PhilHealth MDG Related Benefits
- Outpatient Malaria Package P600.00
- Outpatient HIV-AIDS Package P30,000.00 per year (P7,500/quarter)
- Outpatient Anti-Tuberculosis Treatment through Directly-Observed Treatment Short-course (DOTS) Package P4,000
P2,500 – Intensive phase
P1,500 – Maintenance Phase
- Voluntary Surgical Contraception Procedures P4,000.00
- Animal Bite Treatment Package P3,000.00
Philam Life (Philam Life's Health 100)
The Philippine American Life and General Insurance Company (Philam Life) is an insurance company in the Philippines that was created on June 21, 1947 by Cornelius Vander Starr with Earl Carroll as establishing president, Philam Life served as a "place of funds" to assist Filipinos with recuperating from the attacks of World War II. Mr. Carroll imagined "to have a Philam Life approach in each Filipino home," which has turned into the main impetus behind the dynamic development of Philam Life.
For more than 65 years, Philam Life has helped eras of Filipino families to arrange, ensure and get ready for life by giving answers for different money related needs including life security, medical coverage, reserve funds, instruction, retirement, speculation, gathering and credit disaster protection.
Philam Life's Health 100 Benefits
- Daily Hospital Income Benefit: Get daily cash benefit for each day of hospitalization to replace your lost income due to confinement.
- Long-Term Hospitalization Benefit: Receive an additional daily cash benefit for hospital stays over 30 days.
- Intensive Care Unit Benefit: Receive an additional daily cash benefit for ICU confinement.
- Surgical Allowance Benefit: Reimburse your actual charges** for any operation performed during confinement.
- Critical Illness Hospitalization Benefit: Receive an additional daily cash benefit if hospitalized due to Cancer***, Poliomyelitis, Muscular Dystrophy, Multiple Sclerosis, and Cirrhosis of the Liver.
- Outpatient Treatment Benefit: Receive a daily cash benefit for up to three (3) consultations, before or after your hospital stay.
- You will also receive cash when you reach the age of 80 and the age of 100 to celebrate your long life and good health.
Guaranteed Affordable Health Plan
- With its fixed premium payments, you can protect yourself from future premium increases.
- You have the option to pay annually, semi-annually, quarterly or monthly to better suit your budget.
Health 100 is available in 3 packages:
- Silver (Lifetime Amount of Coverage of P1M)
- Gold (Lifetime Amount of Coverage of P2M)
- Platinum (Lifetime Amount of Coverage of P3M)
With Health 100, you can enjoy lifetime protection against life's uncertainties through a range of health benefits.
* These benefits are deducted from the Lifetime Amount of Coverage (LAC). The remaining LAC or premiums paid, whichever is lower, will be returned to you upon reaching the age of 100 or to your beneficiaries in case of untimely loss of life.
** Subject to the maximum surgical reimbursement limit of your chosen plan
*** Except skin cancer
Insular Health Care, Inc.
The Insular Health Care, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Insular Life Assurance Company, Ltd., the first and biggest Filipino life coverage organization with the longest unbroken administration record in Philippine history having been in the extra security business for a long time. To date, Insular Life is perceived as a monetary establishment giving an extensive variety of high-esteem protection and budgetary items in the Philippine market. Insular Life's aggregate solidified resource as of the end of 2014 is Php 101.4 Billion.
Insular Health Care was enlisted with the Securities and Exchange Commission on October 14, 1991 and started operations on November 25 of that year when it initiated its workplaces in its 7-story building situated at 167 Dela Rosa corner Legazpi Streets, Legazpi Village, Makati City, Metro Manila. To date, it has an approved capital of Php100 million of which Php 48 Million is paid-up with an extra Php 52.2 Million paid-in capital in overabundance of standard worth.
Blue Cross Health Care Incorporated
Blue Cross Insurance, Inc. is a market specialist in medical, travel and accident insurance. The company is based in the Philippines, and with sister organizations in Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam and other working entities in Hong Kong. Blue Cross is a part of a more extensive group of insurance companies working crosswise over Asia, with a specific spotlight on the ASEAN area. The aim of the company is to be perceived as business sector pioneers and Asian specialist insurers of medical and travel lines.
Blue Cross, initially named State Bonding Corporation and Insurance, Co., Inc. was established in the Philippines in 1949. In 1977, State Bonding built up a medical insurance division to respond to the developing medical coverage market in the Philippines. It was in 1986 that the company changed its corporate name to Blue Cross Insurance, Inc. In 1996, Blue Cross ceased written work general protection business to focus on its specific lines of medical, personal accident and travel protection.
Sun Life Financial
Chartered in Canada in 1865, Sun Life is one of the world's leading financial services companies. With headquarters in Toronto, Sun Life and its accomplices today work in key markets overall including Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, China, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Japan, Korea, Indonesia, India and Singapore.
Sun Life Financial Inc. trades on the Toronto (TSX), New York (NYSE) and Philippines (PSE) stock trades under the ticker image SLF.
Maxicare is one of the pioneers in the health maintenance organization (HMO) industry was set up in 1987 by a regarded group of specialists and representatives with the vision to convey a superior social insurance framework. Over 25 years later, Maxicare has advanced into turning into the main HMO in the country giving complete medicinal services programs through its wide system of restorative suppliers and reinforced client support.
The company is a member of the Equicom Group which is an expanded combination occupied with the ranges of data innovation, PC administrations, managing an account, monetary and renting administrations, and human services, Maxicare stands pleased with its significant accomplishments. With more than 40,000 authorize specialists and experts, more than 1,000 doctor's facilities and facilities, and a developing number of essential and client consideration focuses in key urban areas across the country, Maxicare now benefits a nearing 900,000 individuals the nation over from corporate fragment, little and medium-sized ventures, families and people.
Scarlet Dela Cruz on February 07, 2018:
Choosing the right HMO is not easy, that’s why it is very important to find and get the best healthcare insurance and find the best plan for yourself, and to your loved ones. This https://mariahealth.ph helps me a lot to choose what are the best healthcare providers here in the Philippines. It helps you to create and place online where you can easily compare the top healthcare brands and can easily shop right after. You can choose from a range prepaid health cards, pay how its most convenient for you and get delivered. Just simple as that. Check this link https://mariahealth.ph