Centfie writes empirical views based on observation, experience, and research.
Do you spend most of your time indoors? How often do you ear eat unnatural and processed foods?
Whether you believe that human beings were created from the earth or not, the fact remains that the human body benefits from the natural elements and energy of the earth.
You have probably lost your connection with the bare ground if you live in an urban setting. When was the last time your bare feet touched the bare ground? If it has been a long time, it is time to reconnect with the ground.
What is Earthing?
If you have not been exposing your skin to the natural world, it is time to spend some skin time with the earth. Some call it grounding. Others call it earthing, referring to the same experience of connecting your body to the bare earth.
Walking barefoot or lying naked on the ground is not a treatment for illnesses. Illnesses that you already have do not disappear when your feet make contact with the earth. Rather, making earthing a habit can improve your health or alleviate some symptoms of diseases.
Walking barefoot or lying on the natural ground has great benefits to you. You have a lot of components found in the earth or soil, and researchers have found that connecting with the earth through your feet helps you.
Going barefoot in the forest is a very sensuous and a pleasurable experience. For some of us, it is almost a mystical experience. I know that I dreamt of it long before I ever durst try it. It is also an experience that brings into question our entire relationship with nature in a way that disturbs and challenges our ideas about ourselves as civilized beings.”
— Richard Keith Frazine, in The Barefoot Hiker
The Earth’s Negative Energy is Positive
The Earth’s Negative Energy has positive effects on the human body.
First, learn some facts about the bare ground and the human body. Then, you will see the benefits of connecting the two directly.
Ever been have been to a park or other natural environment and felt the urge to remove your shoes and step on the grass or sand?
Well, your body and mind know what they need. It is not a mere coincidence or a matter of random preferences. Since you are human, you need to feel the Earth, with your bare skin.
It is a need that most people overlook or take for granted. Some of us meet this need without even knowing the science behind it. We find the experience enjoyable and rejuvenating.
- The Earth’s surface emits a negative electrical charge overall. When you wear a shoe with synthetic rubber or plastic soles, it blocks this negative charge from reaching your feet. It is the vital energy that can help human beings.
- Your major body organs need electrical currents so that they can function properly. Your heart, brain, and nervous system, and immune system require optimum electrical currents to perform their functions properly.
- Your body, on the other hand, gives off positive charges. So when the negative charges from the Earth meet yours, your systems are in a balanced state.
- The electrons you lose because of positive free radicals in the body caused by contaminants caused by pollution, eating processed foods, or radiation exposure, are restored when your body is recharged by the energy on the surface of the Earth.
Therefore, if the natural electrical currents in your body are disrupted, the body can become prone to illnesses. So, spend enough time with the bare ground often to allow the natural electrical energy from the Earth to seep through your feet and into the body.
When these organs in the body do not work well, what happens? Your ability to move or think can become compromised. Toxins are not expelled from the body as they should be. And nutrients fail to travel in the body as needed.
The Earth produces the surface electrical energy by emitting negative mobile electrons. Your body needs these charges from the Earth as they stabilize the internal body systems that must function well for your body to be healthy.
We are further from Earth than previous human beings in the past who spent a lot of time outdoors, bare feet, connecting with the elements of the Earth directly.
They received the energy from the surface of the Earth in plenty because they were in touch with the Earth’s energy. They slept on the ground. They ate raw organic plants full of the Earth’s electrical currents.
Therefore, their bodies were generally more balanced and healthier than ours. The increase of numerous illnesses and pains in the contemporary world may be reduced by spending more time in direct contact with the Earth.
“Going barefoot is the gentlest way of walking and can symbolise a way of living - being authentic, vulnerable, sensitive to our surroundings. It’s the feeling of enjoying warm sand beneath our toes or carefully making our way over sharp rocks in the darkness. It’s a way of living that has the lightest impact, removing the barrier between us and nature.
— Adele Coombs, in “Barefoot Dreaming”
Benefits of Earthing
Energy is received from direct contact of the body with the Earth releases antioxidants in the human body. Research has discovered that the Earth’s electrons are antioxidants. Hence, the habit of Earthing is an immune booster.
Antioxidants reduce inflammation in the body. Inflammation is the body causes many illnesses. Therefore, if the direct connection of the Earth and the body leads to improved functioning.
You will boost your health by being in contact with the natural Earth. Also, you will likely feel refreshed, energized, and happier after the experience of touching the ground with your hands or feet.
- Diseases caused by inflammation include heart diseases (by regulating heartbeat and blood pressure, diabetes (by regulating blood sugar), cancer, and some brain diseases like Alzheimer's.
- If you are experiencing fatigue for no reason and need a boost in your energy, connect with the Earth so that its electrical charges can reduce the positive ions that make the body tired and experience a spike in your energy level. You might not need that energy drink.
- Do you feel happier after swimming in the ocean or spending time on the beach sand? Well, being in touch with the Earth’s energy in the water or sand helps reduce the production of cortisol in the brain that is the stress hormone. Earthing also helps with reducing physical pain in the body caused by various causes whether muscle pain or headaches.
- Regular Earthing lows down aging by improving blood flow to the face. Gaétan Chevalier, a researcher in Developmental and Cell Biology, explains that contact with the Earth for an hour “restores blood flow regulation to the face.” Enough blood flow to the face aids skin repair which can also improve appearance.
Ways to Connect with the Natural Earth
- Spend some time in the garden if it is something you enjoy but have not been doing. you not only grow plants but also benefit your body.
- Spend a minimum of 30 minutes a day walking barefoot or sitting or lying on natural ground. Natural ground refers to sand or grass, or rock and not artificial pavements made from a synthetic material that insulate the Earth’s electrical charges from reaching you.
- Take your exercise out of the gym and to the outdoors, on bare feet. Swim in a natural setting like at the ocean, lake, or river.
- Plant trees, touch trees, or climb trees if allowed in your cultural setting.
- Reduce the intake of processed food and drinks and instead drink more water and eat more organic foods.
Evidently, connecting your body to the Earth does not have to wait for the “dust to dust” time. You can enjoy the benefits now while living on the surface of the Earth and in the process live a healthy life.
Being in regular contact with the natural energy of the Earth can improve your health. No wonder they call it Mother Earth. She takes good care of you in every way possible, and her touch heals. Remember, maintain other healthy habits such as healthy eating and getting enough sleep.
I hope you enjoyed learning this free method of improving your health. Put it into intentional practice in case your lifestyle does not expose you to the habit of connecting with Earth already.
Oschman, J. L., Chevalier, G., & Brown, R. (2015). The effects of grounding (Earthing) on inflammation, the immune response, wound healing, and prevention and treatment of chronic inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. Journal of inflammation research, 8, 83.
Sinatra, S. T., Oschman, J. L., Chevalier, G., & Sinatra, D. (2017). Electric nutrition: The surprising health and healing benefits of biological grounding (Earthing). Altern Ther Health Med, 23(5), 8-16.
Williams, E. R., & Heckman, S. J. (1993). The local diurnal variation of cloud electrification and the global diurnal variation of negative charge on the Earth. Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, 98(D3), 5221-5234.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2021 Centfie