Did this ever happen, you wake up take a good bath and when you saw the mirror you find small red inflamed bumps on the skin? What are those? How do they form? And the question that comes up to mind after having these bumps is that what are the ways to cure and treat these inflamed bumps?
Acne is the most common skin condition that usually happens in our teens. Acne is a chronic skin condition characterized by inflamed spots and blackheads on the face, neck, back, and chest.
Cysts and scar formation can also occur. There are many treatments available, including medicated and home remedies to help control acne, prevent new breakouts, and also help to reduce scars formation.
Contact a doctor if you are worried about the appearance of your skin or if your acne is not improving with self-care measures.
Acne is a hormonal condition caused by androgen hormones, which become active during the teenage as well as a young adult. The reason why teenagers have more chances to get acne is that their bodies make more androgen hormones during puberty.
Once their hormone levels get down (typically by their early twenties) acne usually goes away on its own. But it is believed that not all teenagers have acne other things like genetic factors and the immune system play a role too.
Numerous factors cause acne and make it worse:
Hormonal changes. Androgens are a class of hormones produced by the male as well as female bodies just in differing amounts. Female androgens have more than 200 actions in women, and they are present in higher amounts than estrogens.
Androgens are present in much higher levels in males and play an important role in male traits and reproductive activity.
Androgens are hormones that increase in young boys as well as girls during puberty and cause the sebaceous glands to enlarge and make more sebum.
The oil that is made in our skin is called sebum, and it is produced in oil glands known as sebaceous glands. Sebum help protects the skin and also helps to keep it moisturized.
When a layer of dead cells blocks the opening of a pore, the sebum can’t leave the pore, sebum builds up in the sebaceous gland leads towards acne.
Chances of acne are high in that part of the body have more oil glands, like the face, chest, back, and shoulders.
USE OF OILY STUFF
Some personal care products like heavy lotions, creams, or hair pomades and waxes can also cause acne. Some makeup, along with many skin and hair care products, contains oil or other ingredients that can cause acne outbursts. Continue usage of these sorts of products causes blemishes.
DRUGS KNOWN TO BOOST ACNE
A dermatologist will examine skin first to determine the severity of your acne, they’ll see which type of treatment would work best for you topical or oral (or both).
Type of acne
SYMPTOM OF ACNE
Symptoms of acne may include:
- Whiteheads (are closed plugged pores).
- Blackheads (are open plugged pores).
- Small red, tender bumps (papules).
- Pimples (pustules, which are papules with pus on their tips).
TOP 10 HOME REMEDIES FOR ACNE
Acne is quite possibly the most well-known skin condition on the planet, influencing an expected 85% of youthful grown-ups. Many people don’t want to see a dermatologist while they go acne, they want their acne treated at home with simple remedies.
In this era, home remedies need logical support, and further examination of their viability is required. When a person searching for elective medicine, there are still alternatives you attempt.
Ordinary skin break-out or acne medicines like salicylic corrosive, niacinamide, or benzoyl peroxide are found to be the best to cure skin acne, yet they can be costly and have bothersome incidental effects, like dryness, redness, and disturbance.
APPLY APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
By fermenting the apple cider we get apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar contains organic acids, such as citric acid, succinic acid, and lactic acid which helps to fight against bacteria and fungi that cause acne and acne scars.
Apple cider vinegar cause skin irritation and sometimes cause skin burns. So it is important to use it diluted to avoid any disturbance
- Use one part of apple cider vinegar with approximately three parts of water pour into an empty spray bottle.
- Spry it on your face for ab 15 to 20 minutes. After that rinse with water.
- Repeat the same process twice a day until the acne leaves.
CINNAMON AND HONEY MASK
Cinnamon and honey show the ability to fight bacteria and involve in the reduction of inflammation. Researches claim that cinnamon and honey are found to reduce P. acne.
- In a bowl take 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, mix them until the paste forms.
- Apply this mask on a clean face rest it for 15 minutes, then wash your face.
APPLY TEA TREE OIL
Tea tree oil is an essential oil. This oil is very potent it has strong anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Applying it to the skin may reduce acne and some researchers claim that if we compare tea tree oil with benzoyl peroxide, tea tree oil is found more useful with fewer side effects.
- Dilute the tea tree oil with water like 1 part tea tree oil and 9 part of water.
- Apply the solution to your acne area.
- Apply twice a day.
APPLY GREEN TEA
Green tea contains antioxidants that reduce oxidative stress or can help to reduce inflammation.
Research claims that an antioxidant found in green tea is epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) which reduces sebum production, fights against inflammation, helps to inhibit the growth of P. acnes in person with acne-prone skin.
- Steep green tea leaves in boiling water for 3–4 minutes after that rest it cool.
- Pour in a spray bottle or apply by using a cotton ball.
- Repeat 3 times a day.
HYDRATE WITH ALOE GEL
Aloe Vera is a tropical plant. The leaf of aloe Vera produces gel. This gel is often used with lotions, creams, ointments, and soaps. Sulfur and salicylic acid both are present in aloe Vera gel means it makes aloe Vera cure acne.
It can be used to treat abrasions, rashes, heals wound, as well as other skin conditions.
- Cut a leaf of fresh aloe Vera. Scraps the gel and apply it directly to the skin. Leave it until dry.
- Repeat 2 to 3 times daily.
GARLIC AND ACNE
Most traditional medicine practitioners use garlic to treat infections and boost the body’s ability to fight against germs and infections.
A common thing you can find in your kitchen is Garlic. Garlic contains organosulfur compounds, which show natural antibacterial as well as anti-inflammatory effects. Organosulfur compounds help to boost the immune system, which helps the body to defend against infections.
- Take garlic, crush it and apply it directly to pimples, this can cause skin irritation it can burn the skin, so one should be more conscious by applying garlic.
- Or you can add more garlic to your diet, so it will help to reduce inflammation and defense against bacterial and fungal infection.
Coconut oil is the source of medium-chain fatty acids, which makes it incredible for skin and hair.
Coconut oil contains Lauric acid, which is known to have antibacterial, antifungal, as well as anti-inflammatory benefits. Coconut oil also contains phytonutrients and also a polyphenol, which act as antioxidants. These properties make coconut oil a potent moisturizer.
As it has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties it helps to reduce inflammation, redness And helps to treat acne scars.
Some research shows that coconut oil can also help to treat bedsores more researches should be done on this statement.
- Simply take a small quantity of oil on your palm, rub it area with acne.
- Repeat twice a daily.
APPLY WITCH HAZEL
From the extract of bark leaves of the North American witch hazel shrub, we obtain hazel. It contains chemical agents namely tannins, which have very potent antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. This is the reason it is used to treat a broad range of skin conditions, including dandruff, eczema, and varicose veins.
- Make extract of witch hazel by adding 1 tablespoon of witch hazel bark and 1 cup of water in a pan sock for 30 minutes. After that turn on the flame and brings it to boil. Let it sit down cool then strain it.
- Apply all over the face twice a daily.
TURMERIC FACE MASK
We can find turmeric in our kitchen or Asian countries’ turmeric used on daily basis in foods. Turmeric contains polyphenols and curcumin these both compounds are good for curing inflammation.
Turmeric is also used in home remedies for making skin and anti-inflammatory properties help to reduce inflammation caused by acne.
HOW TO USE IT?
- Take half tsp of turmeric with 2 tsp of gram flour you can also add 2 tbsp with yogurt. Make a thick paste and apply it all over your face, leaving it on for 10 to 12 minutes or until dry. Rinse off with water.
- Repeat twice a day or until you get the desire results.
USE OF CALAMINE LOTION
Calamine lotion has been used for a long time, to relieve itchiness and irritation from minor skin conditions, like hives or mosquito bites, or insect stings.
Due to drying properties, calamine lotion can be used as an acne treatment. It may dry out a pimple, which gradually disappears.
However, Calamine lotion may be used for most skin conditions or irritations that make a person feel itchy. It won’t cure underlying surely, but it can treat symptoms. Calamine lotion also uses for chickenpox, hives, heat rash, and poison oak.
HOW TO USE IT?
- To use calamine lotion, shake a lotion bottle, take a little amount of lotion on your palm.
- By using clean fingers apply or spread it on the affected skin areas surrounded by acne.
- Let it dry.
- Then wash your face for about an hour.
- Repeat 2 times a day.
1.Complementary therapies for acne vulgaris
Huijuan Cao et al. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015.
2.Mayo Clinic. Acne (updated 20 Jan 2015). http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/acne/basics/definition/con-20020580