As a passionate writer, I find it of importance to discuss this topic, thereby pointing out the behavior that makes us sabotage ourselves.
Self Sabotage: Escaping From Self Sabotage.
Self Sabotaging behaviors
Self sabotage a very important factor that messes with our own plans. You self sabotage when you hold yourself back from reaching your full potential, or you limit your next level of happiness or success you desire.
Here you are having that deep "negative" thought as to whether you are good enough for that job you've always wanted. Maybe you find it difficult carrying out those plans or goals you have made, as a result of procrastination or because of limiting thoughts. In the later run, you may even end up saying to yourself that those things are unrealistic.
Sometimes we do these without even realizing it, because it's something that is innate in our mentality, or coming from our instinct. Though other times you may realize you're sabotaging yourself, but you're unable to stop it, so you just do it anyway.
Reason We Self Sabotage
There are different fuel to self sabotaging. One key fuel or reason to this is FEAR, it could also be as a result of LOW SELF ESTEEM, PROCRASTINATION, A PESSIMISTIC MINDSET, or even LAZINESS.
Know that you're not crazy for feeling this way because we have all been there. I have been in some situations where I began to sabotage myself and my own goals. Mine was as a result of procrastination and laziness.
Hi dear, I want you to know that it is normal to have self sabotaging thoughts because that is how our brain is being constructed. But you can also decide how you want to react to them, and the more you train your mind to react positively to them, the closer you get to escaping from sabotaging yourself.
Some other reasons we sabotage ourselves are: fear of criticism, being too hard on ourselves, thoughts of self perfection, comparing yourself to others, being pessimistic, procrastination, not ready to leave your comfort zone, doubting one's ability, getting distracted by unnecessary things.
How to Stop Self Sabotaging
So now you already know those things that you do, sabotaging yourself. You've been able to realize that you're actually sabotaging yourself and you want to stop that behavior, but you don't know how to do that, you're really in need of help to escaping from sabotaging yourself.
Here are some steps to help you escape from sabotaging yourself.
1. BOOST YOUR SELF ESTEEM: This is one important factor that can make you get over self sabotaging. It is of no doubt that when you have high self esteem, no one can easily pull you down or make you feel like you're not strong enough.
2. MEDITATION: Meditation trains your mind to get you through the past, present and future moment. When you meditate, you will be able to ease yourself of the burdens of accomplishing a task. Mediation would also help you come up with better and easier ways to getting things done.
3. MAKE OR START WITH SMALL GOALS: Do not go too hard on yourself telling yourself that you have to accomplish a goal that you know deep down is not realistic. For example, you set a goal that you want to become a billionaire in the next three days, lol, this is a good example of unrealistic goal. When you start with small goals and then accomplish these goals, you would learn to see yourself as a productive individual. This would even help you develop or improve your self love.
4. COMPLIMENT YOURSELF ON EVERY ACCOMPLISHED GOAL: Do not fail to acknowledge your accomplishments and compliment yourself for those accomplishments. You could things like making yourself your favorite dish, taking yourself to the cinema, etc. By complementing yourself, you would feel great about yourself and your accomplishments.
5. GET TO DOING THE WORK: Those great dreams of yours can only become manifested, when you start doing that which it takes to achieve those goals. Procrastination and Laziness are factors that can hinder us from accomplishing our goals. You need to be ready to get out of your comfort zone if you really want to manifest your dreams. Because, there are certain tasks that would demand you stepping out of your comfort zone.
6. SAY NO TO DISTRACTIONS: Most times we prefer being on our phone all day than working. We always want to always feel relaxed. But the truth is that we cannot achieve anything if we keep on getting distracted by unnecessary things.
7. HAVING A POSITIVE MINDSET: Try to always remain optimistic about things. If you let in negative thoughts into you, you would definitely end up spoiling that which you have dreamt about. Negative thoughts could also come from friends, family, people we surround ourselves with, and even the society.
Don't ever forget that no one has any right over your goals or what you should or shouldn't be. Only you have that power, only you know that which is best for you. Always follow your passion and don't let limiting thoughts or believes get into you or hinder your success.
8. STOP COMPARING YOURSELF: Nothing good ever comes out when you compare yourself. Ella is really doing great in fashion designing but you're not. You don't know how long Ella has come before she got to that place she is now. But all you see and care about is how successful she is more that you. You would only end up destroying your self esteem and even your goals by comparing yourself to others. There is a saying that says all fingers are not equal, your time for your success cannot be Ella's time for her success. So dear, you need to stop that habit of comparison now if you want to achieve your goals.