Self care is one aspect that should never be overlooked. I hope we all see why self care is important for our growth from this article.
Self care is one aspect that should never be overlooked. Self care is much more than just pedicure, manicure and body massages. It goes beyond that, as a matter of fact, self care has many dimensions that ranges from physical self care, emotional self care, educational self care, spiritual self care, and several other categories you could think of.
When the word "self care" is hear, a simple meaning or understanding is the ability to take good care of yourself, being good to yourself, accepting growth in your life, and also taking things easy with yourself.
In this article, I'm going to be sharing with you ten self care habits you need to start now in 2022.
1. LOVING AND ACCEPTING YOURSELF: This is the first self care habits I'm going to sharing with you because I see it as the most important, crucial or driving force to other self care habits. Why do I label it the "driving force?" It is labeled that because, if you don't love and accept yourself, you won't be concerned about searching self care habits for yourself. It's simply because you love yourself that is why you care about yourself by looking up for self care habits that would be good for you, that would make you feel better with yourself.
It is important we accept ourselves, accept that aspect of your body that you don't find beautiful, accept that aspect of your singing career that you find displeasing. Because, every individual in this earth has something that makes them feel bad about themselves. But when you learn to accept yours today, you will learn the art of self love, you would always tell yourself that you are a work in progress, because every one is definitely a work in progress. No one has actually figured it all out.
2. PRACTICE HEALTHY EATING AND HEALTHY HABITS: Healthy habits and eating has our health in general. It helps protect us from sickness or any other related health problems. I know sometimes it might be hard practicing healthy eating, because, for example let say you want to really abide by eating healthy but you don't have enough resources to keep up to that, then eventually you begin to find it difficult and challenging eating healthy always. If this is your situation, another way out of this is eating fruit everyday, even though is small quantity daily, it's still a good start off for you.
Also, we must learn to practice healthy habits like taking our births at least twice in a day, brushing our teeth as and when due, doing our laundry regularly, avoid contact with dirty places, using our face mask when in crowded places, scheduling times for medical check-ups, exercising from time to time, always staying hydrated, and so many other healthy habits.
3. DO THINGS OR ACTIVITIES THAT GENUINELY MAKES YOU HAPPY: We should learn to always do those things that makes us happy. Do not always do things because you want to please someone else, therefore you end up displeasing yourself. When picking your career part, go with what you would do effortlessly and still remain happy when carrying out your job. Do not always say YES to someone because you want to please them, you will only end up hurting yourself and letting it known to that person that you would always say YES to their requests. Learn to do things when you are comfortable and cool with that, do not let people pressurize you into doing something that you might end up regretting.
4. BE KIND TO YOURSELF: Learn to take break from that tedious work of yours. Taking breaks will help you relax and think better on how you can complete your jobs more effectively. It would also help you reflect back on yourself. Also, we should be kind to ourselves by having a realistic to-do list, starting with small promises or goals first. If you work yourself up with your to-do list, you might end up not even completing that to-do list, thereby being unhappy with yourself and your achievements. Therefore, it is important we should try not to go too hard on ourselves.
5. SCHEDULE YOUR DAYS FOR PRODUCTIVITY: You should plan out that thing you want to do tomorrow today. The more you schedule your days, the more you become more productive.
6. SET FIRM BOUNDARIES: You should learn to set firm boundaries in your life, because if you don't set boundaries, people can just walk into your life and walk out as they want. People can just treat you the way they want to. Setting boundaries helps you communicate to people what you would accept and wouldn't accept.
7. SET OUT TIME FOR YOURSELF: Set out time for yourself and do activities that makes you happy and relaxed. You could do activities like playing the guitar, singing or learning a song, swimming, knitting, exercising, meditating, or any other activity that you enjoy. This would help stay more relaxed.
8. LEARN TO AVOID NEGATIVE SELF TALK: People would always talk no matter what you do. Not everyone will support you, not everyone wants you to succeed. No matter what people has to say about you, it's your duty to never allow their negative talks or actions get into you. You are wonderful and unique the way you are, don't let people pull you down or make you feel less by their words and actions towards you. Always remember that we all are a work in progress.
9. LEARN TO ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS: No matter how small that accomplished goal is, give yourself credit for a goal accomplished. This would help push you more in accomplishing greater goals. You could credit yourself by seeing your favorite movie, making yourself your favorite dish, or any other thing that would make you feel awesome about yourself
10. LEARN TO ASK AND ACCEPT HELP FROM PEOPLE: You asking or accepting help from people doesn't make you less strong or incompetent. Know that no can do all things just by themselves. At some points, we all need help from others one way or the other. When you ask or accept help, you would be able to complete that task quicker and more effectively. Asking and accepting help is also a sign of humbleness, which would also help you practice that act of gratitude.