Ahamed has an MBA and worked in document control for years. He enjoys writing and has freelanced and blogged across the internet.
Here are some home remedies for colds, coughs, and asthma. When it first appears, apply these remedies right away to prevent it from spreading. Otherwise, it will deteriorate into true influenza, resulting in difficulties breathing and other symptoms, at which point it will be too late.
If you're sneezing, your nose is getting congested, your eyes are watering, or you're feeling feverish, get started right away. Homemade therapies can be used to combat it. First, List of below natural remedies items and benefits.
1. Tulsi (Holy Basil Leaf)
- Tulsi is high in vitamin C and anti-oxidants.
- It's used to treat problems with the respiratory system.
- It is a powerful antibacterial, germicidal, fungicidal, and disinfectant that effectively protects our bodies from bacterial, viral, and fungal illnesses.
- It lowers blood sugar levels. As a result, diabetics will benefit from it.
- Tulsi leaf extract is thought to be the most effective treatment for common colds, coughs, bronchitis, and asthma.
- Manganese, iron, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin K, and dietary fiber are all abundant in this fruit.
- It helps with respiratory problems, coughs, colds, constipation, indigestion, and anemia.
- Black pepper has anti-inflammatory properties as well.
- Pepper can also help with sinusitis and nasal congestion.
- Black pepper's antibacterial properties aid in the battle against illnesses.
- It maintains our arteries clean by scraping extra cholesterol from the walls in a similar way to fiber.
Karpooravalli ( Indian Borage/ Ajwain Leaf)
- Karpooravalli is a herb that is used to treat common colds and coughs.
- These leaves are used to treat a dry cough that has been going on for a long time.
- It also helps to keep the digestive system in check and prevents constipation.
Thuthuvalai / Climbing Brinjal (Solanum Trilobatum)
- The scientific name for Thuthuvalai, often known as Climbing Brinjal, is "Solanum Trilobatum."
- It has long been used to treat colds, coughs, asthma, and tuberculosis.
- Antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-tumor activities are all present in these leaves.
- Various plant parts, including roots and petals, are utilized to treat respiratory problems.
Add another three remedies like Ginger, Ajwain/ Omam, cumin seeds, small onion.
Let's Start With The Dry Cough Remedies.
Follow the steps:
- 1&1/2 glass of water should be brought to a boil.
- Allow boiling with 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, a clove, and cardamom.
- In a mortar pestle, grind a clove and a cardamom pod.
- Bring it to a boil until it reaches one glass.
- Honey was added to the mix. (Honey is avoided by sugar sufferers.)
- Using a strainer, add 1 teaspoon of honey to the water. (When the water has reached room temperature, add the honey.)
- Allow it to cool after it has been boiled. Fill a glass halfway with water and strain it out. add a tsp of honey at a time
Another Dry Cough Treatment
Pour yourself a drink of water. (Make sure the water is at a comfortable temperature.) Gargle three times a day with this warm water and rock salt.
Lets See Next Remedy for Dry Cough
Tulsi Leaves, Ginger, Honey
Take a few Tulsi leaves, a small piece of ginger, and 1 tsp of honey.
Follow the steps:
- Boil 1&1/2 glass of water. Add the tulsi leaves, ginger.
- Wait until the water reduces to 1 glass and Allow it to cool down.
- Strain the water. Add a tsp of Honey.
- Finally, These two remedies cure your dry cough.
Now Lets See the Home Remedy For Cold & Asthma
Follow the steps:
- First, Wash 5-6 Karpooravalli leaves (Ajwain Leaf).
- Pierce the leaves using a sharp steel stick.
- Add 2 onions in a mortar & pestle and mash it a little bit.
This medicine can be given to kids of age 5+ & Avoid this remedy for ulcer patients.
- Once it cools down, squeeze the leaves and onions to extract the juice.
Another One Remedy For Cold & Asthma
Follow the steps:
- Boil 1&1/2 glass of water
- Wash 5-6 Omavalli/ Ajwain leaves and add them to the water.
- Few add Tulsi leaves. Cardamom and a clove.
- 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds. Allow it to boil.
- Strain the water.
- This water can be consumed as it is, no need to add honey.
This remedy is also useful for drinkers and smokers.
Try the Salt Water Gargling
Yoga clearly states that saline liquid aids in the release of mucus, so gargle with salt water that is warm, add some salt, and gargle. You can even add to it and gargle.
Gargling is extremely beneficial to both the nose and throat passages. So do it three to four times a day. That will be extremely beneficial in resolving issues.
These solutions are fantastic; you can apply any of them to see which one suits you best and provides you with immediate comfort. However, the problem will not be solved here; instead, you must understand why you got into problems and why you became cold. Why did you develop a cough and Asthma? Why? Because the main reason for everything must be discovered, and only then will you be able to accomplish an excellent job. It has been discovered that people make a few blunders, which is why they suffer from colds, coughs, and Asthma.
It's One of The Most Common Blunders People Make
1. Sitting In Front Of A Fan
Sitting beneath the fan causes your head to become cold, which causes sinuses to become irritated, a runny nose, and a sore throat to develop, therefore avoid sitting directly under the fan. A fan could be used, but only very slowly, not as a blast of air in your face, but rather to ventilate the room. That's great, but while you're sleeping and the fan is on, it's even worse.
It is preferable to sleep with your head covered and your ears covered with a scarf. You will avoid getting into problems as a result of this. Keep that in mind.
2. Taking a bath right after waking up
Once you wake up, do some exercises. Once you finish your morning duties, drink warm water to evacuate your bowels. Walk a little bit here and there, do all your normal activities, and then go for a bath.
Constipation is at the base of a wide range of ailments and issues. Colds and coughing are one of them. When a person has a cold or cough, he or she must ensure that his or her primary canal is clean, which is why they consume enough fruits such as papaya and figs. Consume a decent amount of vegetables. Your primary canal should be free of obstructions. So that everything is clean, you should evacuate your bowels more than twice or thrice. There are no signs of constipation.
Finally, remember that a cold and cough are unpleasant; they are an irritant and, in some cases, a painful component. Allowing the cold and cough to worsen is not a good idea. Do all of these solutions right away and take care of yourself. In yoga, we always think that prevention is preferable to cure. This must be avoided at all costs.
Take the necessary precautions. Keep yourself healthy, cheerful, laughing, giggling, dancing, and active, and you'll be fine. To stay healthy, avoid catching a cold or coughing. That is all there is to it.