This Isn't the End
This isn't the end.
Even though it might look like it right now.
You may be buried in a snowdrift at the moment.
But can I say it?
The season of your life may be changing.
Your 'Winter' is ending.
Are you ready for 'Spring'?
The next chapter is about to begin!
Are you excited? Afraid? Fearful? Elated?
Embrace the Change
10 Quotes on Change and New Beginnings
1. “We can't be afraid of change. You may feel very secure in the pond that you are in, but if you never venture out of it, you will never know that there is such a thing as an ocean, a sea. Holding onto something that is good for you now, may be the very reason why you don't have something better.” ― C. JoyBell C.
2. “Letting there be room for not knowing is the most important thing of all. When there's a big disappointment, we don't know if that's the end of the story. It may just be the beginning of a great adventure. Life is like that. We don't know anything. We call something bad; we call it good. But really we just don't know.”
― Pema Chödrön, When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times
3. “No, this is not the beginning of a new chapter in my life; this is the beginning of a new book! That first book is already closed, ended, and tossed into the seas; this new book is newly opened, has just begun! Look, it is the first page! And it is a beautiful one!”
― C. JoyBell C.
4. “The more we let God take us over, the more truly ourselves we become - because He made us. He invented us. He invented all the different people that you and I were intended to be. . .It is when I turn to Christ, when I give up myself to His personality, that I first begin to have a real personality of my own.” ― C.S. Lewis
5. “Often times God demonstrates His faithfulness in adversity by providing for us what we need to survive. He does not change our painful circumstances. He sustains us through them.” ~ Charles Stanley
6. “You can't stop the future
You can't rewind the past
The only way to learn the secret
...is to press play.”
― Jay Asher, Thirteen Reasons Why
7. “Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don't.”
― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
8. “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
9. “Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”
― Apple Inc.
10. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
― Margaret Mead
A New Beginning
The Serenity Prayer
God grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
As it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
If I surrender to His Will;
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life
And supremely happy with Him
Forever and ever in the next.
New Beginnings and Change
A New Beginning
I know now that you have called me to this new change. I don't know why, and I am afraid. My everyday life, as messed up as it may be, is familiar. I know what to expect. But things are changing and I am unsettled. I do not know what to do next. I would ask you to comfort me. Calm my fears Lord. You told me to be anxious for nothing, yet I am anxious! Help me now!
I am going to choose to trust You during this transition. It's either that - or go crazy again, and I don't want that. I know that you have been faithful to me. You have led me out of the valley many times. Don't fail me now Lord.
And God, I would like you to help me remember the good, and to forget the bad things. Let me look forward to good things coming my way with this change. I lean on You for my strength and stability. You are my rock, my salvation. Even though I might not understand the 'why' right now, I am choosing to believe You when You said Your ways are higher than my ways, and Your thoughts are higher than my thoughts. You said all things would work together for my good - even this new beginning, in Jesus Name.
Who Is Your Rock?
Revelation 21:5 AMP
And He Who is seated on the throne said, See! I make all things new. Also He said, Record this, for these sayings are faithful (accurate, incorruptible, and trustworthy) and true (genuine).
More Help on Change
- 7 Prayers That Will Change Your Life Forever | Christian Bible Studies
From Christianity Today, ChristianBibleStudies.com provides over 1,000 unique, downloadable Bible Studies for personal, small group, and Sunday School use.
- Why Managing Change Is So Hard and Necessary
Managing Change: Do you feel like you're traveling down a dead end street, but the path to change seems too scary or just too hard to even consider? If fear of change has you stuck in a rut and headed nowhere fast, Jack Zavada of Inspiration-for-Sing
Change Your Mind
Diana Rasmussen (author) from Edgerton, WI on August 12, 2014:
Thanks for stopping by Janellegems. Have a great day in VA!
Janellegems on August 11, 2014:
Great, encouraging quotes and a wonderful prayer. Thanks.