This article is based on the author’s decades of experience in identifying drugs — on and offline.
There are tens of thousands of drugs on the market, and understandably, you want to discover what type of drug (or item) you have found. Who it belongs to and what it's used for treating. As well as the short or long-term effects, especially if someone you know is taking them without your knowledge — and what could happen if someone has lost their pill and is unable to take their medication on time.
This page will help you identify what you have found, one way or the other, and address all the dilemmas, possibilities and scenarios that come with trying to identify a pill.
In This Article
- What could the tablet/pill/capsule (item) be?.
- What are the worst things that could happen if someone's unable to take their medication on time?
- I found a pill, and I still don't know what to do
- Pill Identifier - 13 top tips and tricks
- Video: How to tell what's exactly in a pill
- Last Resort
What could the tablet/pilll/capsule (item) be?
It could be any of the following, with or without any identifying markers or imprint on them.
- A drug prescribed by a doctor or medic.
- An over-the-counter medication purchased from a pharmacist.
- A vitamin or skincare supplement from a health store.
- Diet pills or capsules.
- It could be a 'tanning accelerator' (suntan pill) or capsule.
- An Illegal drug, probably ecstasy. Is it ecstasy? Ecstasy is not coated like medicinal drugs and is not professionally made. Ecstasy can be very fragile (it easily breaks apart).
- Sweets/candy/mints. Haribo and M&Ms have markings on them, quite similar to drugs. I have seen cases where sweets/candy/mints can be mistaken for pills. Like M&Ms, markings on sweets are quite common.
- Novelty sweet/candy companies also sell 'novelty medications' to resemble pharmaceutical drugs, so break them in half. Does it smell of mint or chocolate?
- Animal medications look no different from humans and may have impurities that human drugs don't have. These may not harm animals, but could be harmful to people.
- Maybe it's a drug you know someone is already taking, but of another manufacture's design/brand and look entirely different.
- It could even be a fake, counterfeit drug purchased online or offline and potentially dangerous and harmful to use.
I found a pill, and I still don't know what to do
Check any bottles or blister packs that it could have come from.
Don't be afraid to ask who it belongs to — there could be a simple explanation that could save you all the unnecessary worry. Someone you know may have dropped or lost it but doesn't want to advertise the fact they are on a medication and may deny owning it.
A drug found under the sofa or in the bathroom could have been dropped accidentally by a workman or visitor to your home.
The person may not have realised they lost their medication and thought they had already taken it, not realising they haven't, which I'm sure we've all done.
What are the worst things that could happen if someone's unable to take their medication on time?
Some examples include...
- Anxiety medication is needed to help reduce anxiety, panic attacks or extreme fear and worry.
- Drugs for people with heart problems should not skip their medication as it could increase the risk of a heart attack or lead to other complications.
- If they are contraceptive pills, they may suffer from unwanted pregnancy.
- Someone may need to take anti-depressant, ADHD or schizophrenia meds to manage their behaviour.
- A missed antibiotic could prevent a medical problem from healing.
- If they are on pills for high blood pressure, their blood pressure could continue to increase.
- The blood sugar levels could increase in someone diabetic and lead to problems, including life-threatening conditions such as diabetic ketoacidosis (when the body starts to run out of insulin).
Pill Identifier - 13 Top Tips and tricks
1. To save you a lot of unnecessary time and worry, ask whoever lives or works with you to see if they know who owns it. In certain situations, someone may claim it belongs to them (for many reasons), but don't take their word for it. Ask them to describe it before handing it over. Others may claim it's not theirs, when it is (for many reasons).
2. If you arrived at the page after typing the exact details of the pill you want to identify, I could have already researched and answered the question in the comments. If so, "hold Crtl" while "pressing F" on your keyboard to make a small dialogue box appear at the top left side of your screen and type the 'colour' or 'imprint details of the pill. • Mobile users, click on the browser settings tab and click "Find in page."
3. I submitted many pills to the following 7 websites that visitors to this page wanted me to identify (see comments now disabled). My success rate in identifying a pill was about 1 in every 20 pills I submitted.
- https://online.epocrates.com/pill-search. Epocrates is free, but requires you to create an account first.
4.Take a photo of the pill and "Google' (or other reverse image websites) and search for similar images of it. (In the hope that someone has already uploaded or posted an image online of the same pill, and detailed what it is).
- TinEye reverse search: https://tineye.com.
- RevImg reverse image search. https://www.reverseimagesearch.org.
Note; A good quality camera is best to help capture any intricate details of tiny pills.
5. Use the "Google Lens" app (it's free). Simply take a photo of the pill to see instant matches. Both tools work almost identically, but the 'Lens app' works faster than a “Reverse Image” tool.
If at First You Don’t Succeed, Try, Try Again
6. Search 'Google Images' and 'Google Search' (and other search engines), by using all (or a combination of) the keywords which describe the pill/capsule, such as its colour, shape, imprint, scoring, and any imprints. It could take time using various keywords for your search.
7. Use the multitude of 'pill Identifier' Apps from your app store. Very few were correct.
- The "Drugs.com Pill Identifier app" is a searchable database of pills (in the US only). $0.99. However, the "Drugs.com website" is free to use.
- "Epocrates Pill ID app" had the most accurate results. Unfortunately, I ran out of medications to keep testing.
8. Contact your local pharmacist. They or may not be willing to help, but two pharmacists were able to help identify an easily identifiable pill I showed them. Others told me to "go online" and "ask Google".
9. Ask me by submitting a comment. Update: Sorry, this service is no longer possible.
10. If you desperately need a pill analysed, you will need to contact companies that work in 'forensics', biochemical testing, 'toxicology testing labs', 'pharmaceutical laboratories' and 'DNA legal specialists'. These companies usually offer their services to family law firms, social care, workplaces, educational institutions, government and criminal law members.
However, (bearing in mind that there are over 177 million organic and inorganic substances on Earth), one company said, "we cannot test a sample containing an unknown substance because testing for all possibilities is impossible, as the scientist will be unable to complete analyses that incorporate every possible substance". They said their service "could cost at least £250.00". Another company said, "it could cost considerably more than a few hundred pounds".
Another person I spoke to said, "we will have to destroy the pill, and we will only be able to evaluate its chemical contents, and not what it's prescribed for". When I asked if I could leave their website here, they said "no, it would be a one-off, and we will not be able to provide the service for everyone".
Video: How to tell what's exactly in a pill
11. Home drug testing kits are available to purchase online, but only to help you identify the contents and purity of any illicit or illegal drug, but none have a service or test kit to identify pharmaceuticals. It will test Amphetamines, Marijuana (THC) strength, Cocaine, Opiates, Benzodiazepines MDM (ecstasy), Barbiturates, Phencyclidine, Methamphetetamine, and Methadone (heroin substitute).
12. The 'Pill Book is FDA-approved - and the most up-to-date reference book about medications, with over 1,800 most commonly prescribed US drugs listed. It may help you find out what the drug is, what it's prescribed for, and how it works. Plus lots more useful information about pharmaceutical drugs.
12a. The Brirish Medical Association Concise Guide To Medicine & Drugs' book has more than 2,500 commonly prescribed, and over-the-counter UK drugs listed from the leading medical authority, the BMA. Help with identify and learning everything you need to know about prescribed drugs.
13. If you have been unlucky in identifying your (item) using the above 12 tip and tricks, I would have offered my services (via email) using my extensive years in research and determination with the above 12 ways. Unfortunately, I cannot find a way to make it viable.
You could save yourself a lot of time, worry, and money if you just throw it in the bin and be done with it.Things can't be more conclusive than that!
Many young and elderly people die or become seriously injured each year due to medication errors. It happens when the wrong pills have been administered or taking the incorrect dose, so be very careful what medication people are taking, and how often they take them.
Read the labels and instructions carefully, and If in any doubt, speak to a medical professional.
More by this author.
- How Can I Tell What Drug Someone Is On? Things to Lookout For.
- Complete List of Google Software, Products & Services - A - Z.
© 2007 Tony Sky
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on July 16, 2020:
Carvedilol is used to treat high blood pressure; left ventricular dysfunction; heart failure; angina and belongs to the drug class non-cardioselective beta blockers.
Mary on July 16, 2020:
White oval. One side has G, the other side is 164
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on March 24, 2020:
White round pill, number 14.
I have identified this pill as Olanzapine Used to treat agitated state; bipolar disorder; major depressive disorder; schizophrenia; agitation and belongs to the drug class of antipsychotics. (In my opinion/general knowledge)
Jorae M. Dalton on March 22, 2020:
White round, number 14
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on November 18, 2019:
A "swoosh" is the official name for the Nike brands "tick".
As for "like" imprints of the ying yang, I did try and search, but its not enough information.
Try reading: Pill Identifier Tools & "PLEASE READ" Information above to self-help!
Kristin on November 17, 2019:
This pill is white and round not scored no numbers just like two identical swoosh like imprints facing each other like ying yang and the same design on both sides can some one tell me what pill this is ty
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on November 17, 2019:
It sounds 100% like an Ecstasy pill!
Michael on November 17, 2019:
I found a heart shaped white pill with the word ouija written on the top and an indented circle on the bottom. I’m having an extremely hard time finding out what it is
Adam on November 09, 2019:
Found a round coated pill one side white the other green with a letter P on the green side
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on August 16, 2019:
Famotidine is used to treat peptic ulcer disease, gastroesophageal reflux disease and heart burn.
it works by decreasing the amount of acid the stomach produces.
Tablets are 20 mg and 40 mg. I am not aware of 50mg!
Paul Malbon on August 15, 2019:
What is famotidine 50mg used for
laurenminstagram on June 24, 2019:
I found a bunch of small round blue pills. One side has what could be either a 9 or a 6 and the other side it looks like a *(star) but even lines…looks like they were not made by someone.
do you know what it is?
L Tan on April 21, 2019:
I found a round white tablet with capital 'D' written backwards followed by 'P'. It is then underscored and 500 is written under it. Would be grateful if you could shed some light on this. Thanks
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on March 25, 2019:
Sorry to hear of your problems.
The pill in question is Amlodipine Besylate
The common side effects can include swelling of your legs or ankles.tiredness or extreme sleepiness, stomach pain, nausea.dizziness.
hot or warm feeling in your face (flushing), irregular heart rate (arrhythmia). very fast heart rate (palpitations)
Here is the pill in question. https://www.drugs.com/imprints/l-29-28338.html
Juan Morales on March 24, 2019:
Inside of my Walgreens hypertensive medication bottle of Amlodipine Besylate 5mg I found a small oval white pill with the number 29 on one side and the letter L on the other side, after taking what I thought was my medication yesterday I started to feel numbness in my face, swollen cheeks and slurred speech. I went to emergency room and they ruled out stroke. I have been taken Benadryl and on two days of prednisone. The swelling has gone down a little with no slurred speech. I'm calling my primary care physician for appointment tomorrow. Can you identify that pill and if so, any side effects?
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on February 06, 2019:
You never specified which colour of pill was for which pill description you gave. Sorry. Times limited for me!
Ellen on February 06, 2019:
Found two different pills. Both are tablets. One is a light peach color the other is white with blue speckles. The bigger one has 500 on one side and an uppercase P on the other side. The smaller one has 50/50 on one side and a "v" on the other side. Both are scored on one side
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on January 19, 2019:
Janet, It's impossible to identify it without any imprint. It could be a herbal, vitamin pill or illegal drug.
Janet on January 18, 2019:
Found small red round pills with no imprint on someone who pops a lot of pills. What is it???
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on December 11, 2018:
If I could answer your question, even I would be amazed! :)
mary ann on December 10, 2018:
there is a large white pill that I had long ago for headaches,i forgot the name of it ,any chance you know
Mike on November 09, 2018:
I have a oval shaped pill it has 3 stars on one sude nothing on the other is it for female enhancment and can men use it to.
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on October 12, 2018:
Hi Nick, you said "10 on one side % (i think)".
Sorry. Not enough positive information in your question..
Nick Denham, UK on October 11, 2018:
I have a very small & thin white oval tablet, it's got a 10 on one side % (i think) DL on the other. Any ideas please?
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on October 03, 2018:
You never said what shape it was. Is this the pill?
Debra Eppard on October 02, 2018:
I found a small light yellow pill
Scored only on 1 side & printed only on the scored side a W on top & under the score is 40. Do u know what it is?? I have tried googling it but dont find anything on it. Do u possibly know??
Theresa Pulling on September 28, 2018:
Off White , NB, on one side a line across mmmm
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on August 31, 2018:
I found A/75. BL/92. D/75, P/75, etc etc, but not BL/75. Sorry.
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on August 31, 2018:
My findings? It could possibly be a laxative!
Rick on August 31, 2018:
hi i found a light brown pill with BL on one side and 75 on other could you possibly identify for me please thank you
Rachel on August 30, 2018:
Found green and white capsule, no markings, but came in a pop out tab that says senosiain on back of tab, tried to look it up with no results
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on August 28, 2018:
Heather, The research I've done keeps leading me to a drug, "No Snooze". It's a generic type of the brand "No Doz", which contains caffeine as its main ingredient.
alex on August 27, 2018:
hi I found some different pills in a bag one has cpz on one side the other side has 100 what are they
Heather on August 25, 2018:
Hi I just found a round white pill w blue specks in it with FR on front and a cross on back so u can cut it into quarters? Ive searched cant find what it is please help?
Donna on August 12, 2018:
Hi - I found 2 pills on my bathroom floor. Kinda white/slightly off white, small long oblong shape with the capital letters IJ on. Could you help please?
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on June 13, 2018:
Hi Dave, After extensive research, the nearest I could find matching your description was ....
Other searches suggests it could be domperidone or Citalopram.
Dave ball on June 12, 2018:
Hi there, I found a small white oblong pill with B then a line vertically then an L one side and 10 on the reverse. Do you have any idea what it is?
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on December 10, 2017:
No joy with the information you provided. The shape would be helpful.
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on December 07, 2017:
It could possibly be a Hydromorphone hydrochloride 2 mg drug. Supplied by Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals.
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on December 07, 2017:
Erin, it could be - Generic Name: dimenhydrinate, as Dramamine for kids 25 mg. It is supplied by Contract Pharmacal Corporation. https://www.drugs.com/imprints/dra-18761.html
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on December 07, 2017:
Yes Michelle. It is Drug: Children's Benadryl Allergy
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on September 26, 2017:
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on October 03, 2016:
It possibly could be a drug used to treat thyroid disorders. Side effects may include: nausea, dizziness, weight changes and drowsiness.
Julie on April 29, 2016:
Found a round pill no markings not scored measuring approx 8cm and after cutting in half it has a harf dark (almost looks like dirt) color
Sally on February 26, 2016:
white round pill LFT on one side scored on the other approx 6mm
Hightower on February 01, 2016:
I have a round, white pill with a "M" on one side and a 01 and o3 on the other side
Pauline on January 20, 2016:
Green/white capsule 20 BL
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on December 07, 2015:
Kate and Joan. I have been unable to locate the identity of these tablets.
Just to let you know of the numerous amounts of pills on the market, this site has 88 pages with about 250 results of various pills (per page) but none of the ones you both described. Sorry,
Kate on December 06, 2015:
white round pill scored in middle with LFT on it? what is it
Joan on December 05, 2015:
Oblong pill white from with SM on it and blue back with layered oval shapes
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on November 17, 2015:
Rose, Take a look at this page which will/may help you. http://m.pharmer.org/forum/pill-identification/whi...
Rose on November 16, 2015:
Found long thin white pill with three scores and thats it theres no marks or imprints i was thinking xanax but it dosnt have any imprints to indicat but it looks like it from what i looked up my self but im at a lose please help
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on November 10, 2015:
Kellie, what shape is this pill because they're various pills with those imprints on them.
Kellie on November 09, 2015:
Small white tablet, score down middle ,letters a,p,o on one side the other says " to 10" with score down center.
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on November 08, 2015:
From the research I did, they are from the manufacturer British Dragon's who style their drugs in this same same pink square shape and are possibly steroids.
Tracey on September 21, 2015:
I've found a small white round tablet, it has a letter C on one side and then on they other it's got a score in the middle then a letter P on one then letter M on they other half, what is it?
Mary on August 19, 2015:
Hi there. I found a light blue round pill... has 2 lines starting from the top and go 3/4 of the way down with a half circle attached to each of the lines. It also has the number 20 on the back. Can you please tell me what you think it is?
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on August 02, 2015:
The first pills you described could be Montelukast sodium --> http://www.drugs.com/imprints/54-741-19691.html . The pill you described in teenagers room, did it have any logo imprint on it?
Mandy Avery on July 31, 2015:
Found two baggies full of pills one bag had peach round pills with 54 741 which looks like asthma pills however the way it was wrapped is questionable , next to it was a round pill a little larger still chalky like a chew able pill with a little bit of speckling no marks , numbers, or lines on either side. This was found in teenagers room
joni on July 29, 2015:
Found hard candy like pills, some green, some brown, no markings, round in shape. Found in a pill bottle but was not the pills that were supposed to be in there.
Angie on July 25, 2015:
Found pill thats small round pink no markings or scoring on either side. Pill is not smooth but rather grainy. What is it?
Julie on June 09, 2015:
Found a sm pink round pill with just a s on it nothing else
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on May 09, 2015:
Dr Bob, It sounds like Ecstasy. If so, it won't have any numbers on it but should have a logo of some sort!? let me know please.
Dr Bob on May 08, 2015:
Of White tablets round circular Shape un coatedbitter to the taste please help me the tablets my gimp is getting kind hectic
Paula on May 05, 2015:
Found pills have m over 22 the other side plain. Round pill
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on May 04, 2015:
Hi Ariene, sorry for the delay..... Pill imprint NT 150 could be Gabapentin for the treatment of pain; anxiety; pain; alcohol withdrawal; diabetic peripheral neuropathy http://www.drugs.com/imprints/nt-150-22820.html
Arlene Carson on April 29, 2015:
I found an oval white almost at shaped tablet in my purse, with NT, then a line and the numbers 150. Are they for pain?
Deanna on April 23, 2015:
Small round peach pill blank on one side B above 71 on the other no scoring
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on April 18, 2015:
This pill could be Olanzapine.
You said it was 'tan' coloured, but this pill I found is 'yellow' but it could be the same colour you described as a shade of yellow could be similar as a shade of tanned colour! http://www.drugs.com/imprints/c-50-19180.html
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on April 10, 2015:
IV, what colour and shape is it?
lv on April 09, 2015:
I found a pill with a 3 with a circle and a 7 on the other side. What is it?
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on April 09, 2015:
Jess, the only thing that came close to what your looking for is this page http://www.iherb.com/search?kw=MK+capsule&sug=... which has a few types of vitamin supplements with the "MK" brand, but, I have no idea if the capsules look your description.
Maybe you could email them and ask if it's theirs. It's a long shot!
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on April 09, 2015:
Sorry to hear of your dilemma trying to resolve your issue.
I too have spent a lot of time trying to find the answer to your question.
Most people assume that everything is on-line which is not the case.
This drug could be from a foreign country which makes it hard to locate or find.I will try again later for you.
Jess on April 07, 2015:
Hey i found this capsule that is maroon (deep red) and a beige (off white). on both ends it has MK with a square around it? i have googled for about an hour now with no luck... assuming that its not from the us.. just curious what it is since this is the 3rd one ive found at work and no one seems to know what it is lol... thanks for any help!!
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on April 06, 2015:
Hey Isabelle, due to the unclarified information you provided, I am finding it hard and frustrating (about an hour:) trying to find the right answer for you.
Isabelle on April 05, 2015:
Hi, I found one that is smallish round yellow/ almost orange in colour. With ap 25 on one side and a symbol that looks like almost a cursive 'a' or 'd' thankss
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on April 04, 2015:
PS. Here's the pill's URL image https://www.mims.com/resources/drugs/Malaysia/pic/...
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on April 03, 2015:
From the knowledge and research I have done, it could be Panadol, which is a regular over the counter drug used for treating muscle pain, fever and sciatica. Hope this helps.
Michelle on April 02, 2015:
The pill is white and oval with a P inprint on one side and no other markings!
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on March 26, 2015:
Is is light or dark brown? If it's light brown (tan colour) then it could be a pill to treat headaches, seizures, bipolar disorder's and epilepsy. If its dark brown, then I'll keep looking 4u.
While I'm here, if anyone else needs to know, a dark yellow oblong pill with E11 imprint is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug.
joe on March 25, 2015:
I found a brown oblong pill imprint E11 on one side
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on March 14, 2015:
I have tried extensively to find the answer for you on and off-line and unable to find the exact match.
Thank you to the 13 people who found this page "useful".
sm on March 11, 2015:
I fount a green oval pill blank on one side and a scored 4 6 on the other can you please tell me what it is. I could not find it anywhere else on the Internet.
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on March 01, 2015:
I have been unable to identify this tablet for you.
You never described what shape it was..... but, I think it could be a medication to treat diabetes. (Metformin)
Is this the pill? https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=palemoon&am...
April on February 28, 2015:
my child found a pill on a person's floor and i would like to know what it is, it is white with the letter z and the numbers 71 on one side and a line on the other side (like you could cut it in half. can you help me?
jony_mosh on February 27, 2015:
Hello i found a round white pill that is blank on one side and has a DL divided by F on the other. Any ideas of what this could be?
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on February 22, 2015:
I don't know what colour it is, or if it has an "a10" imprint on just a "10" imprint on one side also, I don't know if you mean't it has an "e" on the other side or has an "a" and "e" on the other side.!?
Joe on February 21, 2015:
What is a oval pill that has a10 on one side and a e on the other
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on February 17, 2015:
Seeing as it has no markings, are you sure it's not a mint!? https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Eclipse+Winterfr...
jane on February 16, 2015:
found a oval pill, with 3 ridges on light blue side and white on the other side, what is this?
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on February 13, 2015:
After extensive research, I found many variations of pills which have the imprint Z10.
The only one which nearly matched your description was a white round pill with (Z100) which is used for treating thyroid cancer.
Please be sure you have the exact details!
bob on February 12, 2015:
What is white pill z10 blank on other side
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on February 02, 2015:
Are you sure it says ROY 293 or RDY 293? This is what I found for the latter.
Sumatriptan. This pill is for headaches, migraine and vomiting.
Joyce on February 01, 2015:
i found this pill it is white and oblong. One side has the letters ROY On one side and 293 on the other.
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on January 27, 2015:
Hi Christina, The description you gave immediately screamed out to me "Ibuprofen" which I used to take very often, but the pills I used to take were white, oblong with 123 imprinted on them.
The other brand I took of Ibuprofen were white and oblong with 123 imprinted on it.
Also, drug manufacturers often change the color and shape of pills depending on which company manufactures them.
Christina on January 26, 2015:
I found a small oblong light yellow pill with 123 on one side and a line on the other in the hallway of my apartment building and i want to know what it is because there are alot of kids in my building
Tony Sky (author) from London UK on January 13, 2015:
Hi Ruby, It 'could possibly' be amitriptyline which is used for depression.
Just "Google Image" the following (keywords) to see similar drugs.
(amitriptyline mp 36)
FYI. An Mp 36 is an old German submarine gun.
Bonnie Olson on December 01, 2014:
I am searching for a pill that is brown in color. On one side it says 9r but nothing on the other. What could this tablet be? Bonnie
mark on September 27, 2014:
I found a small round white tablet at work with the letters P A N stamped in a triangular configuration into it on one side & plain on the other side. Could you enlighten me as to what it could be as it may have reprocussions unless identified as innocent. Thanks in advance
Nghdy on July 01, 2014:
I found a little dealer looking bag at shops today, it had 2 yellowish round pills, they had what looked like pacman or a wonked moon on one side and on the other side a letter an numbers