Kishan passion is to help people change their lives in the simplest way and most realistic way possible in good health and great lifestyle.
What is personal health?
Personal Health is the ability to take charge of your health by making conscious decisions to be healthy. It not only refers to the physical well being of an individual but it also comprises the wellness of emotional, intellect, social, economical, spiritual and other areas of life.
Tips for maintaining personal health and wellness
Benefits of a healthy lifestyle
The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) promotes four main elements of a healthy lifestyle using the acronym SNAP, which stands for:
- Smoking – affects every organ of your body.
- Nutrition – affects your overall physical and mental health.
- Alcohol – can affect you physically and mentally in the short and long term.
- Physical activity – can improve overall health and reduce your chronic disease risk. Aim for 30 minutes of moderate physical activity a day.
The benefits living a healthy lifestyle include:
- lessening the danger of most sicknesses, including coronary illness, stroke and diabetes
- improving your joint security, adaptability, strength, endurance and scope of development
- assisting with looking after adaptability, equilibrium and coordination as you age
- keeping up bone thickness, forestalling osteoporosis and bone breaks
- lessening the side effects of pressure, tension and wretchedness, and improving your feeling of wellbeing and state of mind
- developing confidence and self-assurance
- improving sharpness and lucidity of brain, including memory
- improving your capacity to recuperate from ailment
- expanding the length of your life.
Assisting with forestalling ailment
Eight healthy choices to reduce your health illness
The large four persistent infections are among the most preventable. By settling on better decisions you can bring down your danger. You can decide to:
- Be a non-smoker and avoid second hand smoke: If you smoke, get help to quit. Smoking is the major cause of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and lung cancer. It is also a major risk factor for heart attack and stroke. It's never too late to quit and reduce your risk.
- Be physically active everyday: Discover an action you like and get rolling. Your heart is a muscle that needs customary exercise to remain sound. Exercise will likewise make it simpler to keep a sound body weight. Get some information about a proper exercise plan for you. It doesn't need to be convoluted - it very well might be pretty much as straightforward as adding moving, going here and there steps, or extending consistently. Or on the other hand have a go at beginning a mobile gathering with others in your area.
- Eat healthy foods: Following a healthy, balanced diet can help you to maintain a healthy weight, lower your cholesterol and reduce your risk for disease. Choose high fibre, lower fat foods and 5-10 servings of fruit and vegetables every day.
- Achieve a healthy weight: Being overweight expands your danger for diabetes, coronary illness and a few malignancies. The danger of a respiratory failure is multiple times higher in ladies who are overweight than in the individuals who have a sound weight. Converse with your medical care supplier to decide your own sound weight and work out an arrangement for accomplishing or looking after it.
- Be screened or tested regularly: Report any new signs and symptoms to your healthcare provider. It's also important to know your body and have regular check-ups to measure your blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar levels. In many cases the earlier a problem is detected, the easier it is to treat.
- Control your blood pressure: Keeping your blood pressure in check can help prevent damage to the walls of your arteries like tears and bulges and possibly slow the hardening of your arteries. Have your blood pressure checked regularly by your healthcare provider and follow your management directions.
- Limit your intake of alcohol: Drinking too much alcohol can put you at risk for many kinds of cancer. While there is some evidence that moderate drinking may offer some health benefits, too much alcohol is unhealthy. Moderate drinking means an average of one drink for women or two drinks for men per day.
- Reduce your stress: Stress can raise your cholesterol level and blood pressure and lead to heart attack and stroke. Take time to relax. If you having stress in your life go through this article and get rid off from stress friends.
- Stress Is Destructive for Our Health and How to Get Rid Off
Stress is a feeling of emotional or physical tension. It can come from any event or thought that makes you feel frustrated, angry, or nervous. Stress is your body's reaction to a challenge or demand.
Monitor your health regularly
The best way to stay on top of illness is to see your general practitioner for regular health checks, healthcare advice and when you get sick.
In your 20s and 30s, the watches that are suggested include:
- circulatory strain (at regular intervals)
- pap test and pelvic test (ladies, at regular intervals)
- standard dental checks
- standard skin malignant growth check for those at higher danger
- standard testicles assessment (men).
In your 40s, it likewise gets critical to have:
- eye checks (if high-hazard)
- customary bosom checks (ladies who are high-hazard)
- wellbeing evaluation on the off chance that you are in danger of creating persistent illness (one in your late 40s)
- wellbeing evaluation on the off chance that you are in danger of coronary illness
- cholesterol checks
- wellbeing evaluation on the off chance that you have a high danger of creating type 2 diabetes (at regular intervals).
On the off chance that you are more than 50, have the tests above just as to have:
- breast checks and mammograms (for ladies, check yourself consistently and have a mammogram like clockwork. For men, when you have side effects)
- an evaluation of your bone wellbeing
- fecal mysterious blood tests (FOBT) to distinguish inside malignant growth (at regular intervals utilizing an individual test)
- a consultation appraisal (when you have manifestations ).
Recording your progress
Recording your progress is an effective way to stay on track and keep you motivated. If you are trying a few different things, it helps to compare which method works best for you. Keeping a record of what you are doing is also an easy way to keep your doctor informed. A simple notebook will do the job, but there are also plenty of free, easy-to-use online trackers and mobile phone apps that can help. These can make your recording more accurate and most of these tools will collate your results for you.
See your doctor for a medical check-up before starting any new fitness program, particularly if you are over 40 years old, overweight, haven’t exercised for a long time or suffer from a chronic medical condition.
Living with illness
The most important step you can take is to seek help as soon as you feel less able to cope. Taking action early will help you understand and deal with the many effects of a chronic illness. Learning to manage stress will help you to maintain a positive physical, emotional and spiritual outlook on life.
If you ask for help from a mental health provider, the two of you can design a treatment plan to meet your specific needs. These strategies can help you regain a sense of control and improve your quality of life something everyone deserves. If you’re suffering from depression, your provider may prescribe medications to help regulate your mood and make you feel better.
There are, of course, things that you can do on your own that will help. These include tips such as:
- Eating a healthy diet.
- Getting as much physical activity as you can.
- Avoiding negative coping mechanisms like alcohol and substance abuse.
- Exploring stress relief activities like meditation.
- Letting of obligations that you don’t really need to do or want to do.
- Asking for help when you need it.
- Staying in touch with family and friends.
Where to find support
Get an expert specialist and consult once per year for general examination and keep your way of life in great way.
© 2021 Kishan raj