Chinese Weight Loss
Traditional Chinese medicine is perhaps the oldest, safest, and most effective system of health care in the world, and dieting has always been around. Today, it's easier to take a pill than it is to watch your diet and exercise, but that's just not the most ideal form of weight loss.
Commercial diet pills and drinks should be avoided. The best way to lose weight is naturally. Chinese medicine and herbs is a consideration that many people don't consider, but Chinese medicine is kept traditional, safe, and healthy for your body. It's a method to lose weight and promote a healthy mind, body, and soul, so that you can keep yourself healthy.
It sounds simple, but you'll still need to keep a healthy and balanced diet, as well as exercise regularly. The Chinese herbal treatments will help suppress your appetite, absorb nutrients better, ensure a good metabolism rate, and promote a healthy digestive system.
Just remember that is is always best to see a physician before you try any form of weight loss, so that you can ensure that your health is ideal, and so that you can make sure that what you're going to try is truly safe for you.
Below, you'll find a few tips on how to lose weight naturally via Chinese medicine, herbs, and mentality. Figure out the right diet, and herbal supplements to take so that you can stay healthy while you lose weight.
Chinese Herbal Approach to Weight Loss
In order to best achieve a natural and herbal weight loss program, you want to consider the following factors.
- Maintain regular bowel movements. Irregular bowels will cause undigested food, toxins, and other impurities to sit in the colon, which can cause problems with your digestive system's normal function rate.
- By drinking too much water, your body hold in the water. Too much water can cause weakened kidneys, bloating, and an overall increase in body weight from water retention.
- Alter your eating habits to prevent causing strain on your digestive system, as too much food and food right before bed will slow down the metabolism, and the food will sit in the body longer turning into fat. Drink Oolong health tea for better digestion or a warm drink, instead of something cold.
- Make sure that you exercise daily, as you will be able to help speed up your metabolism and burn calories.
- Avoid overeating and take your time eating slowly. The faster you eat, the more that you will eat before your brain realizes that it's full.
- Drink herbal teas to help keep the body from dehydrating and overstimulating, which can be common side effects of weight loss and dieting.
- Watch your diet so that you consume less calories. Instead keep a high fiber, low calorie diet with a lot of vegetables, fruits, and seafood. Cut back the junk food.
- Take a good herbal tea to keep the organs functioning properly.
- Chinese herbal supplements to aid in digestion and nutrient absorption. Consider products formulated to speed up the digestive process before the food has a chance to turn into fat.
- Take a Chinese herbal supplement to aid weight loss by suppressing your appetite.
- Take a supplement to aid in the rate of your metabolism.
Lose Weight with Herbs
In Chinese medicine, there are herbs that help "transform phlegm," which aid the body to process fats more efficiently by preventing an accumulation of unhealthy fat in the body. These herbs include glechoma and hawthorn, as well as magnolia bark and immature citrus peel. Citrus aurantium has also been proven to have properties that help burn fat.
There are also herbs that help boost metabolic function by increasing the Qi and Yang energies. These include ginseng, astragalus, and atractylodes, as well as ginger, cinnamon, epimedium and eucommia bark. You will find that these Chinese herbs will help give you an energy boost, as well as help you keep your regular exercise routine stable. These herbs are best for those people that gain the most weight in their abdomen.
The third category for weight loss using traditional Chinese medicine includes those herbs that cause a detoxifying agent to the body. These are a group of bitter herbs that assist with weight loss by reducing inflammation, acidity in the body triggering hunger and cravings, and reduce a person's appetite for spicy, oily, and sweet foods. You'll want to supplement your diet with Chinese rhubarb, coptis, and scute.
Other Chinese herbs that you may want to consider to help balance out your emotions for those people who eat when they are stressed, sad, depressed, or suffering anxiety, include magnolia bark, bupleurum root, mint, zizyphus and biota seeds, and longan fruit.
Chinese Herbal Products for Weight Loss
- Astra 18 Diet from Health ConcernsThe Astra 18 Diet contains a Siler and Platycodon combination that has been researched in Japan for weight loss. It also contains a Magnolia and Hoelen combination for abdominal bloating and proper digestion. There are different ingredients in the diet supplement, and each Chinese herb promotes healthy organ function that when all combined are ideal for natural weight loss.Astra 18 Diet supplement is also beneficial for clearing phlegm, soften hard masses, and clearing dampness.
- Astra Diet Tea from Health Concerns
The Astra Diet Tea is best when used with the Astra 18 Diet supplement in order to get the full effects of the weight loss program. The tea contains different Chinese herbs that help to regulat stomach function and to restore your appetite to a more manageable size, as well as help the body absorb the most nutrition from what you eat.
The Astra tea helps to circulate and tone the Qi (a person's energy flow), as well as aid stomach phlegm, and regulate the stomach and spleen.
- Black Dragon from Blue Poppy
Black Dragon is a Chinese formula that is a more contemporary weight loss formula. It aids in spleen function, drains dampness, and stagnation. Some have reported changes in blood pressure and cholesterol after supplementing the diet with Black Dragon.
Herbal and Home Remedies
- Supplements to Relieve Asthma
- Supplements to Relieve PostPartum Depression
- Cure Holiday Blues and Anxiety with Supplements
- Natural Supplements to Battle Holiday Depression
- Aid Anxiety with Chinese Herbs and Natural Medicine
- Herbal Remedies for High Blood Pressure
- Home Remedies for Constipation
- How to Clean Your Body Naturally - Detoxification with Herbs
- Natural Remedies and Herbs for Women's Health
- Aromatherapy for Women's Health
- Acupuncture Points Used to Relieve Menstrual Cramps
- Acupressure Relieves Menstrual Pain and Cramps
- Home Remedies for Yeast Infections
- Herbal Remedies to Grow Long Hair
Disclaimer: Please be aware that the advice in
this article should in no way replace that of a licensed physician. If
you are trying to lose weight and are having trouble, you want to consult your
doctor so that you can be examined and to discuss methods of weight loss to include herbal remedies.
Whitney (author) from Georgia on March 24, 2010:
Yes, eating right before bed can cause weight gain, as while sleeping your metabolism slows and the food sits in your body longer, turning into fat instead of energy.
Some herbs may have complications with prescription medications, but for the most pat, the ones above (As far as I know) do not. It's always best to check with a doctor before trying anything new though.
droj from CNY on March 23, 2010:
Pretty good stuff in here. Although, there was a study in recent years that showed that eating-before-bed-makes-you-gain-weight is a myth. Calories are calories.
Are there risks to any of the herbs you list? Or if too much is taken?