This article is about how to motivate yourself to be mentally happy and overcome mental illness by yourself.
Ignorance is not the solution.
Mental health performs a crucially significant role in your life. Mental illness is common nowadays and still, people neglect it. Sometimes, you constantly think to be happy or pretend to be happy but deep down you know that if you are not mentally at peace you are unhappy. Why can't you take a step by talking about it with your elders? By persistently ignoring your mental health, you are burdening yourself with all that stress, tension, etc. Be brave enough to speak about it.
Ignorance can lead to
- Impulsive Actions
Live life without stress and tension, and start enjoying every bit of your life. Look at the optimistic side of every situation and tenderly embrace your scars to efficiently convert it into your extraordinary power. You are worthy of happiness and you deserve a better life. Believe in yourself and miracle will happen.
Everything happens for a reason and good days will come soon.
Eight tips to mentally stay happy.
- Be grateful: Gratitude is very important in one's life as it teaches you not to take things for granted.
- Spend time with nature: This will calm your senses and you will feel nature is communicating with you.
- Take interest in your hobbies: This helps to release a lot of stress and worries.
- Pamper Yourself: This helps you feel loved and happy.
- Exercise daily: This helps to bring peace to your mind.
- Spend time with your loved ones: This will make you feel loved and wanted.
- Go out with your friends and travel to places: This will divert your mind from stress, anxiety, etc.
- Watch movies or read books: This will uplift your mood.
Eight tips you should include in your everyday routine.
- Wake up in the morning and thank god for what you have instead of stressing about something that you don't possess.
- Go out and talk to trees. Ya! That's odd but indeed helps. Share all your problems with nature, and they'll listen to you silently.
- Spend time with your guardians and see how much love you get in return.
- Try to dance, sing, or draw your worries out.
- Eat healthily and perform yoga or exercise for at least 30 minutes.
- Sleep for at least 7 to 8 hours a day.
- Keep yourself as busy as possible to keep away negative thoughts.
- Try to do some creative or productive work.
You will be happy if you find happiness within yourself.
Take a deep breath and say this to yourself:
I'm happy for everything I did today and its okay! If I just did nothing. I know my worth and don't need anyone else to keep me happy. I am self-satisfied and self-contented. No matter what I'll not surrender and rise above the asses. I'll make my parents proud one day and will be kind to others.
Always remember your mental health and physical health should be balanced. Everything depends on your thinking, If you constantly keep thinking you are depressed you will be depressed.
I love myself is all I enchant,
to be at peace is all I want.
All the scars I try to flaunt,
seeds of happiness today I plant.
When things get tough and everything seems blurry,
have patience, don't hurry.
Brighter days will shine like the moon,
flowers of happiness will bloom soon.
— by Shilpi Ghosal
You will just glow and shine even in the crowd when you start loving yourself.
I exactly discussed my personal experience of mental care and believe me these points have done wonders for me. It took some time to figure out things but finally I became stronger and self-dependent.
I intend to share my experience with others and help them if they are going through any kind of mental illness. I am not a professional but surely an experienced one.
Enlighten me with your ideas about mental illness and it's cure without medicine.
Do comment if my article encourages and motivates you. Your feedback is valuable.
I hope you like this article.
Always stay happy and keep smiling!!
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2020 Shilpi Ghosal
Shilpi Ghosal (author) from India on June 15, 2020:
Thank you sir.
JC Scull from Gainesville, Florida on June 15, 2020: