This is Kiwi. Passionate writer who loves to write about different topics and likes to share and help others with simple tips.
What is Self-Esteem ?
Self-Esteem is simply opinions and evaluations that we hold about ourselves and which define who we are.
These opinions are changeable according to life experiences and conditions.
Is Self-Esteem related to mental health ?
Low Self-Esteem is not known as a mental health problem. However,
having negative beliefs about one’s self lowers the ability to deal effectively with
stress and life struggles.
What are the reasons behind low Self-Esteem ?
Low Self-Esteem is a result of many complex reasons.
- Be facing negative experiences while being a child.
- Being subjected to emotional, physical or sexual violence.
- Suffering from social isolation.
- being mistreated by parents. ect…
5 easy tips that will help you Boost your Self-Esteem
- The first thing to do is to identify all the negative thoughts you have on yourself.
Write down negative situations you passed through and write how you felt about
them. Then, try challenging yourself to change,gradually,the usual way you see
yourself toward such situations. It could not be an easy task, but take your time.
- Do things you enjoy and be creative. This will help you to stay away from
negativity and bad feelings you experience about yourself. Diving into an amusing
stuff increases happiness and satisfaction with one’s self.
- Stop being anxious about what other people think of you. Anxiety will just make
things worse than they are. Feel free to be yourself.
- Surround yourself with positive and optimistic persons. It is very important in
creating an efficient self-help. It allows you to experience a full positive energy, and
to tolerate with yourself and with your environment as a whole.
- Always remember to face your fears and keep going no matter how it is hard.
© 2021 kiwi berry