Adity is a beauty blogger and loves to share DIY beauty recipes and simple beauty tips with can be followed without any side effects.
Reduce Dark Circles Naturally
- Dark circle around the eyes can drastically reduce the beauty of your face and it's a major problem with many individuals.There are many reasons which may lead to dark circle, the major reasons include stress, lack of proper sleep, dietary deficiency etc.
- Dark circles may take 1 week to a few weeks to become prominent but this may vary from person to person. In some individuals even lack of sleep for a single night may bring dark circles the next day.
- In many people under-eye dark circle is hereditary and nothing much can be done in such a case. But if the dark circles are formed due to stress or any external factors then with proper care and attention you can effectively get rid of them.
Drink Fresh Fruit Juices
- In addition to water, fresh fruit juices can really help. Make sure to avoid the ones with loads of preservatives and sugar because then can harm you instead of giving any benefits. Fresh home made juice is the best.
- Consumption of fresh juices on a regular basis will not only hydrate the skin but also provide the much needed essential nutrients and anti-oxidants which will slowly but surely reduce the dark circles.
Drink Plenty Of Water
- Water plays a vital role in reducing under-eye dark circles. Since the under-eye skin is very thin and delicate, lack of moisture and dehydration may make the under-eye skin look more darker.
- Make sure to drink at-least 15 glasses of water daily.
Take Proper Rest
- Sleep plays a crucial role in maintaining our health and beauty. 7-8 hours of sleep is vital for repairing our body.
- Since the under-eye skin is very delicate lack of sleep will make the dark circles look more prominent. Ensure that you get your beauty sleep daily.
Do Not Over-stress Your Eyes
- Maintain proper posture while reading.
- Reading in too bright or dim light for long hours may pressurise your eyes and may lead to development of dark circles.
- Reading in moving vehicle or while laying down is also harmful for the eyes.
- Make sure to maintain proper distance while watching television or working in front of computer.
- While working in front of computer or watching television for long hours make sure to divert your concentration after every 1 hour and try to relax your eyes.
Use cucumber/Potato Slices
- Every time time you use face-pack/face-mask, put cucumber slices or potato slices over your eyes and relax. Potato and cucumber are excellent natural whitening agent and proven very effective against under-eye dark circles.
Do Regular Eye-exercises:
- Exercise is not only beneficial for the body but for the eyes as well.
- Regular eye exercise like rotating the eye-balls in circular motion, left-right and up-down is a great way to increase blood supply to your eyes and hence tone the under-eye muscles.
Simple Eye Exercises To Remove Dark Circles
Protect Eyes From Harsh Sunlight:
- If you are going out in harsh sun, you can protect your skin from the harmful UV rays by applying sunscreen lotion but what about your eyes ? So to protect your eyes from the negative effects of sun and also pollution/dust, wear sun-glasses when going out during the peak hours.
Massage The Under-eye Area Regularly:
- Every night before going to sleep, when you apply nourishing cream on your face, make sure you massage it lightly under the eyes as well in circular motion. Use light strokes and never press the under-eye area while massaging.
- In addition to nourishing cream you can use sweet almond oil for massaging. Massaging is a great way to tone the under-eye area and keep it free from wrinkles and fine lines. Since almond oil is rich in vitamin-E it will keep the area healthy and glowing. Massage also helps in boosting blood circulation and is crucial in keeping sagging at bay which is a common problem associated with ageing.
Eye Massage For Eliminating Dark Circles
Avoid Crash Dieting And Maintain Proper Diet:
- Never go for crash-diets. Crash-dieting is not only harmful for the overall health but may prove too harmful for your under-eye skin. Please bear in mind that the under-eye skin is extremely sensitive and any harmful effect on the body will leave its first impression on under-eye skin.
- Take plenty of raw vegetables and fruits salad, fresh fruit juices and last but not the least 10-12 glasses of clean water. Antioxidants will not only make your skin glow but will also impart a brightness to your eyes and who will not love that ?
Take Carrot And Coriander Juice Daily Before Breakfast
- Carrot is an excellent source of Vitamin-A and Coriander leaves are rich in Vitamin-K, both the vitamins being highly beneficial for the eyes.
- Make a juice of carrot and coriander leaves in the ration 2:1 and drink it regularly before breakfast. This if taken daily will improve the eye-sight, cure the under-eye dark circles and make your eyes brighter.
Take Multivitamin Supplements
- If you feel your daily intake of vegetable and fruit is not enough due to lack of time or any other factor, consider taking a high quality multivitamin but after consulting your doctor.
- Make a paste of mint leaves or almond and apply it under the eyes on the dark circles. Let it stay for 15 mins and wash off with cold water. Repeat this daily. You will notice improvement within 2 weeks.
Take Iron Supplements In Case Of Anemia
- Iron deficiency is a major cause of dark-circles among most women. In case you may add iron tablets in your diet but only after consulting your doctor.
- Spinach and other leafy vegetables like kale, fenugreek etc, dry fruits, dates and legumes are extremely rich in iron. So try to include them in your diet to keep your blood healthy and to keep dark-circles at bay.
Consult Doctor Before Taking Any Drugs
- Many times certain medicines may develop under-eye dark circles due to allergic reaction. In that case consult your doctor and take the recommended precautions.
Relax Your Eyes
- If eyes feel tired or stressed out, try this simple home-made remedy. Add a bit of salt in boiled water and take eye-bath with it. It will cool the eye instantly and soothe them.
- Soak cotton balls in chilled cucumber juice, rose-water or milk and place it over the eyes before going to bed. Let it remain for 10 minutes and relax or listen to music.
Maintain Healthy Life-style
- Smoking, drinking and eating junk foods can make the dark circles look more more prominent. Maintaining a healthy life-style is extremely crucial for healthy under-eye skin.
Getting rid of ugly under eye dark circles is not a big deal if you are consistent and follow the above tips sincerely. Follow a healthy lifestyle with a wholesome diet, sufficient sleep and a positive approach towards life and you will see the dark circles disappearing with time.
© 2013 adity5
kashish on October 01, 2015:
Hii thanks a lot for this .... its helping me too !!!
adity5 (author) from Incredible India !! on April 06, 2013:
@Doctorshealthpres: Thank you so much for dropping by. Try these tips and let me know if it really helped you.
Have a nice day :)
Doctorshealthpres on April 05, 2013:
Thanks for sharing, i had dark circles i'll definitely try ur tips and i like the way that you explain for how to do the massage.
adity5 (author) from Incredible India !! on April 05, 2013:
@soconfident: I am glad you found the hub helpful and hope your friends will be benefited from the tips :)
Thanks a lot for stopping by !!
Derrick Bennett on April 04, 2013:
Thanks I will share this a few friends of mine who suffer with dark circles.
adity5 (author) from Incredible India !! on April 04, 2013:
@Eiddwen: Thanks for liking the post. I am so glad you liked it :)
Eiddwen from Wales on April 03, 2013:
Interesting and useful.