When it comes on to grooming, we take special care to fix and pamper the places that we know people always look at. We ensure that our hair on our head is taken care of. For men (and some menly women) we ensure that our beards are either properly combed or trimmed. When it comes to arm hair that is also an area of special interest. Women especially almost always gets rid of underarm hair immediately as they begin to emerge. I for one loves to see a woman without underarm hair. Having ghastly under arm hair actually looks much more disgusting on women than men. Women will spend a lot of time on hair than men do, they spend hours sitting in the hair salon and comes back out many times looking just as how they went in. Then they have to groom those bushy eyebrows. We speak about hair grooming on parts of our bodies that are seen by the public, there are also sensitive parts of our bodies that we must groom to also maintain a proper hygiene. I think you all know what i mean right? snip snip.
But there is one little place that many of us seem to forget that may need a little attention now and then, that is the grooming of our nose hair. This issue is more of a manly one than a woman's because nose hair in men sometimes grows to epic proportions. But we must remember that the hair in our nose is not just there as decorations. They are there to aid us in our air flow. The hair in you nose acts like a filter. It is able to trap tiny dust particles from passing to our lungs. It is not a "A" class filter but it does help. Have you ever had the urge to sneeze? have you ever sneezed? Well since you answered yes to both questions i can then state that your nose hair also aids in the sneezing process. Nose hair are quite sensitive, and when any foreign object triggers that sensation it will signal the brain to sneeze, resulting in maybe mucus or snot to capture any nasal intruder in goo.
Getting Rid Of Your Nose Hair
Well, before you go fire up the blow torch and begin to roast your nostril i would like to just reiterate the point that your nose hair actually has a function in your nose and that is why they are in there in the first place. But if you have a few wild strands that seems like they want to make love to your beard, its time to do a little snip snipping. So how do we groom or get rid of nose hair? Lets take a look at these options.
- So you got a couple ropes hanging out your nostrils. You can easily get rid of these nose hairs by simply using the nose hair scissors. These are just tiny scissors with out sharp points which can be inserted a little into the nostril and clip away excessive nose hair. Simple yet effective.
Electric Nose trimmer
- Yes, they do have electric nose trimmers. This my friend is simple ABC. Nearly all celebrities have these at their disposal. This device is quick, simple and easy to use. All you need to do is have you batteries inserted into this tiny device. click the on button and insert into your nose and like magic, no more nose hair.
- There are things we wax and then there are things that shouldn't be waxed but we wax them anyway, right? You nostril is one of those sensitive areas which should not be waxed to get rid of nose hair, but the truth is that it is quite a common practice. Lets delve into nose air waxing just a tit.
Pluck a nose hair
- People just love to go into their noses. But what they don't know is that it may end up being a deadly adventure! Your nose and mouth are linked. If you go in your nose and pull that hair out, you will eventually get a little bit blood lost in there. Blood allows the bacteria in your nose to grow in there. Since veins in the facial area lack protective valves, the bacteria could theoretically enter your bloodstream and lead to infections elsewhere in the body. Plucking the hair out you nose is not only painful, it can end up being deadly. Don't ever pluck nose hairs.
- If you have a very old prehistoric like hair coming out of your nostrils, snip it with curve-tipped scissors, with no sharp edges, or a Nose hair grooming device. Do not pull the hair.
- Every ones body is different and may react differently to different types of chemicals placed on or in the body. Wax applied in the nose is no different. Was can disrupt the sensitive membranes which line the nasal cavity and produce undesirable effects. Remember that the nose is also linked Ear and throat and a person with allergic reactions to nose wax may even develop complications in these areas. You must always read what type of chemicals are put into the nose wax ad find out its effects before you apply.
Start Getting Rid Of Those Unsightly Nose Hairs
So now that you know what to do to get rid of Nose hair, you will need to make a decision on the best option for you. Whatever you decide will eventually lead you to a hair free nose. Happy Grooming.
Clive Williams (author) from Jamaica on June 01, 2015:
Hey frank...wt have you been up to buddy....need to get my read on with your flash fictions!!!
Frank Atanacio from Shelton on May 31, 2015:
helpful hub my friend I use the control nose hair remover it's quick.. never heard of waxing nose hair...
Clive Williams (author) from Jamaica on May 31, 2015:
Venkatachari M, electronic triggers are much better and you have various kinds to choose from. Or you may risk waxing.
Venkatachari M from Hyderabad, India on May 30, 2015:
Very useful article. Trimming nose hair is a great task for me. I could not manage it at all. I don't use electronic trimmers. And scissors is always a failure as it's points can not cut hair. I trim the edges with my razor and leave inner portion as it is until the hair grows longer enough to be cut with scissors. Then too, I am able to cut only a small piece of the hair that can be hold with fingers.
Clive Williams (author) from Jamaica on May 30, 2015:
Ericdierker, all hair on your body is private, but when your nose hair tries to shake hands with your mustache you have a problem
Clive Williams (author) from Jamaica on May 30, 2015:
billy, there are some nose hairs that just.......needs grooming..if they are those tarzan rope swinging hairs....lol
Eric Dierker from Spring Valley, CA. U.S.A. on May 30, 2015:
Nose hairs are interesting. They are very private unless they are not and if they are not then one must take care of it.
Bill Holland from Olympia, WA on May 30, 2015:
Groom nose hair? Somehow those words don't sound right together. I just pluck them and it hurts like the dickens. :)