Addictions are a result of giving away our power. Addictions of any and all kinds, go hand in hand with all kinds of negative feelings, situations, aspects and thought-patterns, and can be the result of low self-esteem and a lack of self-respect.
Addictions can be destructive for all concerned … the ‘addict’ and family, friends those close.
The substance of addiction - be it alcohol, sugar, chocolate, illicit or prescription drugs, caffeine etc may be potentially harmful in long-term and/or large doses.
The addiction is a sign of weakness. The fact that the addict believes they can’t live without it indicates a lack of control.
The addiction can become a negative force, and a result of the addiction can become a negative thought-form or pattern as the brain keeps sending out the ‘demand and need’ messages and signals, and these become the main focus and driving force.
Below are some suggestions to help beat an addiction and break a negative habit.
· Focus on your intention.
· Be clear about your reasoning for giving up the addiction/habit. eg. health concerns, vanity reasons, relationships, sociability, mental and/or physical state etc.
· Think about and concentrate on something you intensely dislike, that you can imagine and visualize next to your habit or addiction (eg cigarettes or chocolate) to put you off.
· Set a realistic date.
· Plan to make a definite decrease of your consumption day by day, marking the days off as you progress.
· Avoid ‘trigger’ foods, activities or situations that you usually associate with your habit or addiction.
· Avoid temptation.
Once you are aware of the effect of your thoughts you can control them and use them to their best and most positive effect and benefit. We are able to consciously make ourselves (and others) more positive and light just by using our positive intentions and thoughts.
Joanne Body and Soul - Mind and Spirit http://bodysoulmind.net
INFORMATION INSPIRATION ENLIGHTENMENT EMPOWERMENT
Your Attitude Determines Your Life
- Your Attitude Determines Your Life
There are those of us who see the glass as half-full and others half-empty. How we choose to determine the first from the second is up to our attitude and belief system. The choice of how we view our lives...
- The Benefits of Being Grateful
With so much going on in our lives today it is easy to forget and overlook who and what we are truly grateful for. It can be challenging to focus on what we are grateful for when we are feeling overwhelmed,...
- Making Life Choices
Difficulties and life lessons enter our lives through many different doorways accidents, illness, loss of career, relationship upheavals and so forth. The variations are endless. Each of us is...
irvene gerstel on January 09, 2016:
This has really helped, thank you