Getting a Personal Trainer
Anyone can workout. It doesn't matter how many days, weeks, months, or even years you go to the gym. If you don't have someone to coach you along the way to reach that final goal, it's a possibility you will never reach your goal.
Find out if there are personal trainers at the gym you are attending.
Make sure they are a personal trainer, cause they could be someone working at the gym and don't know what they are doing.
1st Day at the Gym
The first day you will attend the gym will be your hardest of all the workouts ahead. Be energized and ready for some hard cord exercises. If you have a perfect coach, he/she will not let you be a slacker. He/she will push you to the limits, even if that leaves you crawling across the floor and begging for a break.
Your body will not be used to that much torture in one night. Your bones, your muscles, and your joints are not like a younger person. Trust me, we all know that over the years, your body weakens, and your muscles are not use to all you are fixing to go through. So please don't forget to warm up before and after class. Even a small limber 48-year-old lady will not find it a comfortable workout.
You will be praying to God to please help me get through this workout. You will find yourself meditating off into space, hoping the pain goes away. No matter how hard you try, the pain will not ease up. You are in for a long road ahead of you to reach that final goal.
Just as you go through your entire workout plan, and think you have finished the horrible torture and you are ready to start cheering.
Then you will hear these words, "Okay, let's run through all that again."
Makes you want to fall out onto the floor, pretend you died and become invisible to the world.
You will feel like you are dying. Keep pushing towards your goal.
The Workout Plan
I could sit here and tell you what exercises I went through, but no two coaches do the same workout plan. Each coach has its unique techniques that he/she will use on you. It's not my place to give out my coach's secrets.
When I sat out on this journey to get a six-pack, I thought I would just be working the stomach area, not a full-blown workout.
The coach said, "If you only want to have a smaller stomach, I can sit down, change your nutrition plan, and that be that. However, you told me you wanted a six-pack, and to get a six-pack, it takes working more than just the stomach area."
I laughed and said, "Okay, but I don't want to look like the hulk."
Coach replies, "You are far from looking like the hulk."
Now some coaches won't care. They will take your money and have you working on that stomach area for months. You would never know that you will never reach your goal because you are not getting the full workout that is required to achieve your goal.
To achieve a six-pack, you must workout the upper and lower body. You don't have to work all the areas on the same day; it can be split up into different days. However, you do have to work in all the regions, not just the stomach.
Protein In Your Diet
- Replace carbs and fat with protein; this will reduce the hunger hormone and boost several satiety hormones.
- High-protein diets may have significant weight loss, but may only be short-term weight loss. Too much protein consumed is usually stored as fat.
- A protein shake, at night, could have its advantages. Protein will boost your metabolism and stimulate muscle growth.
Potassium In Your Diet
- Potassium is a critical mineral that the body relies on heavily to function correctly.
- Potassium is one of the essential minerals in the body. It helps regulate fluid balance, muscle contractions, and nerve signals. What's more, a high-potassium diet may help reduce blood pressure and water retention, protect against stroke, and prevent osteoporosis and kidney stones.
- Adults should consume about 3,500mg of potassium per day. The average banana, weighing 125g, contains 450mg of potassium, meaning a healthy person can consume at least seven-and-half bananas before reaching the recommended level.
Water In Your Diet
- Water is an integral part of all body functions and processes, including digestion and elimination. When you're on a diet, water also acts as a weight-loss aid because it can help you eat less. Drinking water is essential during weight loss because it provides hydration without unwanted calories.
- The best way to cleanse your body of waste and boost your metabolism is to drink water.
The next day after your first workout will make you want to stay in bed. Your body will be in a lot of pain. Get up and carry on with your regular daily routine.
Walking will be a difficult task but work that soreness out, so walk as much as possible.
Return to the gym the next day, do not give up. The more you work those muscles; the pain will ease up. If you take the easy road and relax all day, those muscles will stay tensed up.
Never put a heating pad on your sore muscles. Put ice packs on them instead.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2019 KathyWheelerJouini