Skip to main content
Updated date:

Dental Procedures for Great Oral Health


If you want to always have a perfect smile then you need to regularly visit your dentist for a check up. This is to make sure your teeth and gums are in great condition. As a rule of thumb, you should go to your dentist after every 6 months.

Here are some of the important dental procedures to keep your oral and dental health in check.

1. Dental Check Up

Just because you don’t have a toothache or any dental problem it doesn’t mean you will not have a dental check up. It’s always better to be safe than sorry so have your teeth checked by your dentist.

Your dentist will look for any cavities. He or she will also check if there are plaque or tartar. This is important because these are the main causes of most oral diseases. Your dentist will also check your gums for any signs of bleeding.

2. Teeth Cleaning

Plaque and tartar can build up on your teeth even if you religiously brush and you can’t remove tartar at home. That is why a professional teeth cleaning is necessary. This can be done either by the dentist or a dental hygienist. This procedure will also remove light stains as well as polish your teeth.

3. Teeth Whitening

Your teeth will normally get stained primarily because of the food that you eat. It can also be caused by using tobacco and drinking dark-colored drinks like coffee, tea and soda.

Teeth whitening or bleaching can be done using a light activated teeth whitening system. This is the preferred method if you want immediate results and can lighten your teeth up to 6 shades from its natural color.


4. Teeth Straightening

Crooked or overcrowded teeth is not a pretty sight. Good thing your dentist has a number of ways to correct it. Common treatments involve braces or a removable device that will gradually move your teeth to the right position.

One treatment is with the help of Six Month Braces. As the name suggests, it will help you achieve beautifully aligned teeth within just six months. This means you no longer have to wear braces for more than a year and anybody who has ever worn one knows what a great convenience this new treatment brings.

5. Wisdom Teeth Extraction

Wisdom teeth are rear molars that usually grow last. These can appear during late teens or early 20s and can cause some oral or dental problems. That is why it is important you should have it removed.

Wisdom teeth removal is best done the earliest possible time. This is because in a teenager the roots of the teeth are still forming and this will make the extraction a lot easier.


It's time to visit your dentist!

Even if you’re not experiencing any dental or oral problem, it is always a good idea to regularly have a dental check up. It will help you avoid nasty and painful tooth problems and will save you a lot of money by avoiding costly dental treatments.


Rohan on June 27, 2018:

Yesterday my Periodontitis removed wisdom tooth only 75% and remaining 25% I have to go again today... Saying it's another 10 mins procedure balance stuck like a hockey bat with the Root..he gave pain killers and anti biotics....

de.k.h.talati on January 25, 2018:

good to see all details for dental procedures on the page.

Related Articles