Monmohan is a student who loves to write and wants to learn new things.
- Many children around you whose physical development is slow since birth as compared to other children.
- They have stiffness in their limbs (hands and feet) thanks to which they begin walking a bit late. they need difficulty in walking and try to steer on their toes rather than their feet.
- If not attended to properly, this condition may cause permanent physical disability. In medical terms, these children are victims of cerebral palsy
What is cerebral palsy ?
- Cerebral palsy is a neurological disorder. This disorder is caused by some brain damage to the unborn baby child during pregnancy or at the birth of a child. Lack of oxygen supply to the baby the brain leads to damage to other tissues affecting the proper development of the brain.
- The damaged brain also fails to add oxygen to various organs of the body also cannot transmit signals to the muscles. Muscle loss and muscle loss affect muscle movement and coordination, leading to physical disturbances and impaired growth.
- This results in the affected child are unable to grow normally. Due to the slow growth of the brain, some children develop a mental illness. Such children can grow up to be responsible adults with problems with proper listening and speaking. They started talking too late again they cannot listen well.
- Due to weakness in the muscles of the eye, it is not able to concentrate simultaneously and repeatedly they have developed prostitution in their eyes
Involvement of risk
- When a child shows signs of slow movement development, some parents may be under the impression that their child may be a slow learner for many some kids are there and you ignore this slow-motion development.
- But such misconceptions about the effect of a child's development on unnecessary delays in recovery and can lead to the child falling victim to cerebral palsy. Sometimes the muscles Problems get worse where they are there is no cure other than surgery
Causes of cerebral palsy ?
- Research has shown that cerebral palsy is caused by an infection in the uterus during pregnancy or other brain damage due to negligence at birth or after birth.
- If a pregnant woman suffers from TORCH (Toxoplasmosis, Other, Rubella, Cytomegalovirus, and Herpes) infections or measles or overdose experiences bleeding during pregnancy, the baby will do prone to cerebral palsy. Asphyxia (lack of oxygen) is a major cause of cerebral palsy in children.
- Sometimes, a newborn baby is not you can cry five minutes after birth, causing delays in the supply of oxygen to the brain leading to brain damage. Premature babies weighing 1-1.5 kg at birth they are more prone to brain damage.
- It is very important for parents to keep a record of physical development as well muscle movement in their children. They should not ignore it when they find out any deficiencies or delays in these as compared to other children.
- In general, the following are timelines to test physical growth as well other child movements: Up to 3 months: Neck repair movement Up to 6 months: Crawling or staying Up to 8-9 months: It starts to stop Up to 10-18 months: You start walking If there is a deviation from this common or when in doubt, pediatrician the child should be consulted you complete one year.
- Although the brain disability cannot be treated medically, if certain precautionary measures are taken pregnancy and childbirth, most likely reducing the chances of brain damage and other related problems. If magnesium sulphate is given to a pregnant woman having the opportunity to be delivered early, possible damage to the child's brain can be avoided. Brain damage due to lack of oxygen supply during the second delivery can be reduced by a special cooling cap (a cap designed to cool the minds of young children born with oxygen deprivation at birth to prevent brain damage).
- Researchers confirm that gene therapy once again Stem cell therapy can also cure part of the damaged brain to some degree. A pediatrician can check medical history, movement and muscle growth is good and can go MRI and CT scan of the child's brain if necessary.
- Medicines are given to deliver flexibility to the strong muscles of the affected child. Calcium, many vitamins as well iron ingredients are supplied accordingly development. The child is placed in physiotherapy to reduce the movement of muscles with a variety of exercises. Orthopedic surgeons or physiotherapists can treat the baby with a massage or exercise using orthotic braces to strengthen and enlarge the muscles with it that the baby can walk. Doctors may also turn occupational therapy for the child he can practice his basic daily habits and can fix with others.
- Speech and visual therapy are used to improve speech the child's ability. In this case, the healer encourages the child to talk about the show cards, pictures, or picture books as well by doing this, not only the child develops vocabulary but also develops confidence. They are educated to communicate with others and to know to speak well.
- Surgery is the last resort. Orthopedic surgery or selected dorsal rhizotomy (also known as rhizotomy, dorsal rhizotomy, or post-selection rhizotomy, is a selective neurosurgical procedure that destroys the root of the problem that is problematic in the backbone) the last file option for treatment of the cerebral palsy-affected child in an emergency of severe muscle pain as well standing problem
- Children with cerebral palsy need special care. Parents should have more patience and special care for the child. The child should be cared for well with a good idea at first development. Special requirements to be paid for their proper food including adequate protein, vitamins, and minerals.
- October 6th is World Cerebral Disability Day. It gives us a chance to celebrate, to raise awareness too take steps to assert the rights of people with cerebral palsy
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2021 Monmohan Dowarah