Laugh, and the world laughs with you. It costs nothing and can be so very infectious.
Benefits Of Laughter
Laughter is one of the most significant medical discoveries and its curative powers. The American Medical Association says having a good sense of humor is a health-protecting and coping resource. Therefore, it's valuable to find something to laugh about every single da share it with someone and, in this way, you will be building a Humor Habit.
Here is a list of Short-Term Benefits:
- Stimulates many organs and enhances the intake of oxygen-rich air
- Stimulates the heart, lungs, and muscles
- Increases endorphins released by your brain
- Releases and reduces stress hormones
- Soothes tensions and stimulates circulation
- Improves immune system as positive thoughts release neuropeptides to fight stress
- Relieves pain causing the body to produce natural pain killers
- Increases personal satisfaction
- Improves mood and self-esteem
Endorphines are comparable to the effects of drugs such as morphine and codeine without the dangers of addiction or dependence.
Yes, April is celebrated as Humor Month. Still, May is just as important as May is celebrated as Mental Health Awareness Month, and World Laughter Day is celebrated annually, and in 2022, that day is May 1st.
How To Improve Your Sense Of Humor
It may not be so easy for some to laugh but do a few simple things. Start by finding funny photos, comics, or jokes and hang them all around. Next, consider laughter yoga clubs, attend comedy clubs, or watch comedy movies. Finally, spend time with people who make you laugh. It may be considerably easier to improve your sense of humor.
Foods That Produce Endorphines
We can aid the release of endorphins with some truly great-tasting food. Enjoy the following foods such as dark chocolate, strawberries, oranges, spicy foods, grapes, nuts and seeds, and ginseng. It's doubtful anyone won't enjoy the list of these edible foods.
The International Journal of Obesity reports that laughing in just 15 minutes can burn 10-40 calories.
Facts About Laughter
- Science says a child in kindergarten laughs on average of 300 times a day. However, a typical adult laughs only 17 times per day. That's a significant difference.
- Men laugh at 33%
- Women laugh at 29%
- There is a joke on every wrapper of Laffy Taffy candy
- The science of laughing is called Gelotology
- Humor is important in romantic relationships
Laughter and Mental Health
Laughter can turn a negative into a positive and lighten your mood. As far back as 1300A.D., Henrick Mondeville, professor of surgery, propagated the value of post-op therapy with humor.
Laughter can't cure all ailments, but more and more data shows the value of laughter in medicine.
- 1 in 5 live with a mental health disorder
- 18% of Americans have an anxiety disorder
- 7% of Americans have depression
- 2.6% of Americans have bipolar disorder
- 1% of Americans have schizophrenia