Candida Albicans Cure - Get Rid Off Yeast Infection Via Diet
Fungal infections are on the rise. Modern medicine still turns a blind eye to most yeast infections, not considering them for something too serious to bother with. However, yeast infections can cause a lot of inconvenience to the affected person, on the least, as well as some serious troubles in the long term.
I have had Yeast infection for over three years and in the first two I didn't even knew what was the problem with me. Then it took me another half a year to figure out how to help myself, since gynecologists were of no use, neither were pharmaceutical anti-fungals. I have done a lot of research, read a ton of materials and tested it all on me. So, if you are desperate and need help, I suggest you carefully read this article.
Yeasts, such as Candida, reside in our intestines naturally. When the internal floral balance is alright, yeasts are kept in check by the immune system and the probiotic colonies in your guts. When something disrupts your immune system, however, and your intestinal flora gets out of balance, yeasts turn aggressive. There are still many misconceptions about what causes proliferation of yeasts in the body and a lot of controversial info around the web. There are three main reasons for yeast overgrowth:
- Use of wide-spectrum antibiotics
- Hormonal imbalance
Antibiotics are one of the main reasons for drastic mortality decrease in infants, as well as adults in the modern world. Antibiotics and vaccines are probably the most significant factors in the incredible population boom of humanity since the 1950s (the world population has doubled in just 50 years). However, antibiotics in particular have some side effects that have been accumulating ever since and are yet to be acknowledged as serious. That is, fungal infections.
Anti-biotics kill all bacteria in your body, whether good or bad. It has been shown that prolonged antibiotic intake can decrease the pro-biotic colonies in your organism by up to 70%! Which is quite a significant damage. So, while curing us, antibiotics seriously weaken our immune system. For probiotic colonies are a vital part of our immune system. When the probiotic colonies diminish, they leave biological niches in your intestines. Then, the harmless small colonies of yeasts switch to viral mode and take over those niches. Once yeast switch to viral mode they became a pathogen and a really aggressive one.
Candida Albicans is the most common pathogen yeast that creates tons of troubles for their hosts. Candida grows its colonies really fast and they form a biofilm, that serves as a sort of protective shield. Candida feeds on simple sugars, as well as on Estrogen.
It is a rule, that, when your immune system weakens, Candida begins to proliferate in your body. Since the most obvious, short-term, symptoms begin to trouble you in your gastro-intestinal tract, thus the complaints of people are at first in this regard. Women, in particular, begin to have gynecological issues, such as
- White vaginal discharge. White. If it is other color, say yellow, it is bacterial infection.
- Burning and / or itching sensations.
- Various types of unusual odors.
Other GI symptoms of yeast can include:
- Regular burning and / or itching sensation in the anus.
- Red and / or swollen labia major (outer lips) of female reproductive organ.
- Sometimes even lesions on the labia major can appear due to yeast infections
On the longer term, when yeast infection has been present for longer than an year, other symptoms begin to accumulate, such as:
- Problems with the skin, especially on the face, such as dryness and acne.
- "Foggy brain", difficulties concentrating and slow recalling.
- Hormonal imbalance
- Various mood swings, irritability and so on.
- Fatigue and tiredness
As we shall see, all these symptoms that begin to accumulate in the longer-term due to Candida overgrowth are interrelated and are a direct consequence of Candida's bio activity in your body. Mind that you may as well first start experiencing the longer-term symptoms, before experience any GI symptoms.
Candia Albicans is an amazing pesk, both in its adaptive abilities and resilience. Many people try to fight Candida itself, especially many women with GI symptoms try to fight Candida locally. However, Candida Albicans is not a GI problem, but an immune system problem ! This is very important to note, because in order to successfully fight off and deactivate virulent yeasts, you must restore and repair your immune system. In other words, the fight with Candida must be waged holistically, not locally.
And the way and how you eat is an integral part of this holistic approach! There is the first absolutely important rule for people with yeast overgrowth:
- Cut off sugar in your diet.Seriously, no food that obviously contains sugar. No chocolates, no candy, no sweets of any kind.Be very careful with your fruits intake as well, since many fruits are also high on sugar.
The reason for this essential rule is, as I mentioned earlier, that Yeasts feed on simple sugars. They love sugars and sugars give yeasts energy to proliferate and thrive. Once the yeasts inside your body have overgrown into virulent mode, you need to modify your diet, if you ever want to bring your internal floral balance to healthy again.
As Yeasts feed on sugar, they produce alcohol molecules, such as Ethanol. Because in essence the yeasts ferment the sugars into alcohol. The more sugar you intake, the more alcohol molecules are fermented in your body. And this bioactivity of the Yeasts begins to accumulate and take toll on your body. The "foggy brain" symptom is one result of the alcohol molecules that begin to litter your system constantly. Hormonal imbalance is another. Liver damage is yet another. The "foggy brain" side effect is logical - constant exposure to alcohols in your body take toll on your brain. Liver damage is also logical consequence of prolonged exposure to Ethanol in your organism. But what about hormonal imbalance?
Yeasts can also feed on Estrogen. And Alcohol, Ethanol in particular, has synergistic effect with Estrogen. That is, Ethanol promotes the production of Estrogen in your body. Thus, in the longer-term (years in a row), a Yeast infection will disrupt your hormonal balance towards a condition known as "Estrogen dominance". In other words, Candida and all pathogenic yeasts turn your organism into a favourable environment for them to thrive. And things begin to get serious, as high levels of estrogen are known to favour cancerous conditions. In the really long-term, decades in a row, a "simple" Yeast infection can lead to brain-degenerative conditions, due to the prolonged constant exposure to Ethanol.
We see that intestinal Candida Albicans and fungal infections on the whole are not "harmless" at all. And should be taken seriously, from people and medical authorities alike. As for the sufferers, there is no single "cure" for it, but there is a way to bring yourself back to normal. The central element in this process is modification of your diet. A Candida diet. Basically,low on sugar, fried and fatty foods.
- Do not drink alcohol. The only alcohol you can allow yourself is Red Wine, a thick red wine high on Tannins.Tannins are very powerful anti-fungals. Up to 350-400 ml. a day can be allowed and beneficial too. You can also supply yourself with Tannins from another source if you don't need to drink anything alcoholic.
- Eat plenty of dark, leafy vegetables. They are high on Vitamin K, which is essential for your probiotic colonies.
- Do not drink milk !
- Plain, unsweetened yogurt is good for you. It contains probiotics, and also satisfies your needs to eat something. Learn to like it.
- Reduce all fatty and fried foods in your diet.
- Drink a glass (250 ml.) of Carrot juice a day. Preferably a fresh carrot juice that you make yourself, not bought with preservatives in it. Carrots are high on Beta Carotenes, which are bio-synthesized in your body to Vitamin A, which is a powerful antioxidant. But the main beneficial function of Carrots in this case is that Carrots have adaptogenic qualities and promote your hormonal balance. And, in addition, the fresh, cool glass of carrot juice is a nice thing to have in such a restricted diet that you will be looking forward to. Do not drink more than 400 ml. a day.
- I think I should mention No junk food, in case you are wondering. No sodas, no junk juices. Only fresh juices with no added sugar. In moderate amounts.
- Begin some regular physical activity - exercise at home, run outside, swim, go to the gym. Exercise promotes your overall feeling of well-being and strengthens your immune system.
- Drink plenty of water andgo to flush it out regularly.
In addition to these diet guidelines, which you must adhere to strictly for at least 2-3 months, you need to get yourself some food supplements as well. After 2-3 months you can begin to allow yourself very moderately some sweets, but really, be careful. Never return to your previous feeding habits, or Candida will return to you. Live healthy. High sugar intake is bad for your body - it exhausts it and depletes your immune system.
- You need to supply yourself with B complex vitamins (try Jarrow Formulas B-Right - high quality at excellent price. If you are sensitive to natural Niacin though, try Now Foods B-50 or B-100 with Niacinamide instead), as well as antioxidant complex of Vitamin C, A and E, taken separately or in one supplement. These are the essential for your immune system recovery.
- You can also get yourself additional adaptogenic herbal supplement. Such as Maca Root or Rhodiola. (Navitas Naturals Maca powder and Now Foods Rhodiola 500 mg are both high quality and well priced). Try both of these herbs and see which one works better for you. Both are potent adaptogens and immune supporters. Take them alongside your Carrot juice.
And, of course, you need to get natural anti-fungals. The reasons why I advocate for natural anti-fungals instead of pharmaceutical ones are:
1. Candida is becoming rapidly resistant to pharmaceutical anti-fungals like Fluconazole.
2. Pharmaceutical anti-fungals have a large list of some serious side effects, including a huge load on your liver.
3. Pharmaceutical anti-fungals are not more effective than natural ones and sometimes, are even less.
You have to keep in mind, that, as with all natural cures, it needs time to accumulate in your body and begin to be effective. Although some people begin to notice effects with some herbs right away. Depends on your immune system and body specifics. Different organisms react differently, some faster, some slower. You need patience, positive mindset and determination. Learn to manage stress - stress weakens your immune system as well.
Anti-fungals and Immune Boosters:
- Oregano oil - has strong anti-fungal properties, doses 200 - 600 mg a day
- Pau D'Arco - strong anti-fungal properties
- Echinacea - strong immune system booster
- Astralagus - also strong immune system booster, synergistic with either Echinacea and/ or Eleuthero
- Eleuthero - enhances immunity
- Aloe Vera (gel or juice) - has powerful anti-fungal properties and strengthens intestinal walls
Again, you need to be consistent and perseverant in order to yield results and most importantly, results that will last. You can get yourself these supplements separately or you can find them in special formulas. I highly recommend this product - Candida Clear - of Now Foods. It is very effective, combines many powerful anti-fungal herbs in excellent amounts. I am referring you to the iherb webstore, as the price there is also excellent. There is also 180 caps bottle of this product.
Use Candida Clear for two months as directed on the label. For more intensive use you can double the dosage, that is take four doses a day for the first month and regular dose for the second. In the third month begin taking one capsule two times daily. You will see excellent results, but this doesn't mean that you should return to high sugar diet again.Modify your diet permanently.
One last thing, but not at all least, is probiotic supplement. There are two I recommend: Now Foods Gr8-Dophilus or Healthy Origins Probiotic. Both are highly effective probiotic formulas, the Healthy Origins has 30 bln. CFUs per capsule, but it may prove too much for more sensitive people. It is highly effective in making your bowel movements regular though.
Iherb have the most competitive prices for food supplements and their customer service is more than excellent. I get all my supplements from this vendor. Use this discount code at check out - DOB496 - it will give you 5$ OFF your first purchase (if you haven't ordered before from iherb) + Free samples. You can also get free shipping if your order is above 40$ and you live in USA.
All of the suggested supplements can be found in iherb, just copy the name and paste it in the search box there.
I will conclude this topic now, having shared the fundamentals. You should read more and inform yourself further and in more detail. Knowledge is power and ignorance leads to no good.
Educate yourself! Be well and be healthy!
Inspiration88 (author) from this Galaxy on November 15, 2016:
Michael, tannins have great clearing effect on Candida. However, first off, as with any alcohol, you shouldn't drink two bottles of it. But a glass or two. Alright, maybe a bottle of red wine, but only once in a while. ;-) There aren't much sugars in red wine and tannins offset the negative effects of simple sugars on your Candida overgrowth. Second, but not less important, is that you should combine any clearing methods you use with replenishing aids. Like taking Probiotic supplements and eating food that feeds your good gut bacteria. Everything in moderation. Give it time. Be persistent. Eat healthy. Exercise. That is all.
Michael Kampfer on June 08, 2015:
I appreciate this article that mention red wines high in tannin (like a Cabernet Sauvignon) could be used when someone is trying to control candida. I know what tannin does to candida. Are there any resources that include studiesor or research to show one need not worry about the alcohol or any sugars in it?
Thank you for your help and response.
Inspiration88 (author) from this Galaxy on April 08, 2015:
There is no problem taking the probiotic alongside your anti-candida supplements. It is even better this way. Probiotics are best when taken first thing in the morning, before any food. Like this - get up and even before washing your eyes take your probiotic. Then you can go ahead with your morning rituals and after 30 mins. or more you can have your brakefast.
Inspiration88 (author) from this Galaxy on April 08, 2015:
You seem to be impliying about douching with red wine - I came to the conclusion that douching (or cleansing in any way the vagina directly, with whatever solutions) is not healthy and not recommended. You should take care to boost your immune system and the vagina will take care of itself. Douching / vaginal cleansing solutions are not recommended. Take your anti-candida and probiotic products orally.
Inspiration88 (author) from this Galaxy on April 08, 2015:
Hello. Why you can safely drink RED wine. The tannins in it are actually anti-fungal. Though, you should drink modestly (2-3 glasses) since it does containt alcohol. Alcohol doesn't mix well with yeast-cleansing diets. Be well!
Martha on December 06, 2014:
Thank you for this great article. It is so helpful. I was getting confused with so many different websites. Can I take the probiotic while I'm taking the Candida Cleanse, not at the same but maybe in the morning. Friends told me I shouldn't but they're learning like me.
Mary on February 20, 2013:
I have found dry red wine to be a wonderful anti-candida tool almost always. The yeast settles right down afterward. A daily four ounces is a great help, also along with probiotics.
Anna Dyer from Atlantic Beach, FL on October 27, 2012:
Good guide! Question: Did you drink wine then while trying to get rid of your yeast? I am following a very strict diet but LOVE red wine and it has been killing me not to have a glass at the end of the day to relax. I have had an occasional glass but then always feel guilty. It would be great to know that it is not only not going to set me back, but it might actually help!
sanadera on May 11, 2011:
Very useful guide! Thank you!