Lapo, a health enthusiast, active health and wellness coach, and a US Army veteran, is a professional bodybuilder for 23 years and counting.
A Word or Two About Body Building Routine
Bodybuilding is a sport involving strenuous physical exercise in order to strengthen and enlarge the muscles of the body (https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/ ). Muscle workout routines using different workout techniques like uni-set, multi-set, pyramid routines, super breathing sets and much more will simply enhance the strengthening process. Choose an effective workout that suits your lifestyle.
Who am I? I am a retired US Army veteran, a professional bodybuilder with more than 23 years of experience in building muscle, a health enthusiast, and a long-time cross-trainer. Learn about building muscles using different workout techniques like uni-set, multi-set, pyramid routines, super and breathing sets, as well as how to choose an effective workout routine and 4 workout tips. Let me help you achieve your perfect bodybuilding workout routine goal.
List of Contents
Ok, enough of the introduction. Let’s look at what you’ll learn today.
- List of Workout Techniques
- How to Choose an Effective Body Building Workouts
- 4 Body Building Workout Tips to Increase Your Training Results
Building muscles is an art and not a thing which can happen forcibly. Just like any other art, patience is the name of the game. It is extremely important to get the correct proportion of everything to have the right end result. In this context, we hear a lot about working out. However, we must note that there is no fixed method of working out. There are numerous techniques to choose from and this is the part where one has to be really careful.
Writing from experience, choosing the correct method of building muscle is as good as getting the correct result. The decision should solely be based on the body structure, current condition, height, weight, mental composure and the desired result.
When you are in a position to go for even more intense training routines, it is not a good idea to stress your body to an extent which it can't handle.
Bodybuilding Workout Techniques
The routine sets mentioned below are from my arsenal of years of personal training. This is my gift to you.
This set is generally meant to be for starters. However, it is also effective in the case of experts. It comprises of a single set for every exercise. It is fast and is extremely effective. It aims to concentrate on a singular muscle at a time.
This set is normally meant for people who have been exercising for quite some time. Multi-set, as the name suggests comprises of several sets for every exercise. This routine is normally accompanied with the lifting of medium and light weights. The main idea of this routine is to keep the muscle guessing. The ability for the muscle to multitask is what really helps to develop the tissues. It helps a lot in the context of gaining muscles. This is NOT the same as cross-training.
In this routine, you're expected to start with lighter weights and easier exercises and slowly but steadily increases the intensity. It is the technique which is most widely used and easily adapted by professional bodybuilders around the world. How do I know? I've been there :) This training enables the body to train at different levels and thus enables the body to gain maximum muscles. It is a compact training schedule in which the intensity factor is punched with the element of surprise for the body. Proper utilization of this technique can give great results. Code word: Slowly but steady - Don't push it!
This bodybuilding workout technique deals with doing two exercises without leaving any time gap between them. It stresses and exhausts the required muscles a lot more. It is a good fundamental technique for the professionals and can be used as filler technique as well.
This technique includes the art of breathing along with exercising. It sandwiches a breathing set between two exercises. It realizes the importance of breathing in exercising and trains both together to get a perfect result. It energizes the body a lot more than the other techniques not mentioned in this article and decreases the fatigue factor.
Above are some of the many techniques available. It is extremely important for you to size up your capability and get hold of the perfect routine that would suit you. Your style of routine may not match your friend's. Don't copy. Follow your own body as your body does not match that of our friend's style. We are unique in our own right and must realize that only the correct routine which suits us is capable of giving us the result at which we want so desperately ..or not!
Therefore, learn to be patient and well researched before starting to train in search of muscles. Remember, muscle building is art and must be treated as such. Our metabolic rate, respiratory rate, and body balances should be taken into serious consideration before we pinpoint on the routine which we want to follow. After the conscious decision is taken, a dedicated effort from your end would surely take you to the target to which you so much desire. Summer is around the corner. Make the move :)
To Buy or Not to Buy?
What Supplements Do You Take?
How to Choose Effective Body Building Workouts
So you're ready to get your beach body? Let's hit it!
Are you tired of trying all sorts of bodybuilding workouts that are "guaranteed" to help you gain muscle mass only to find yourself making no progress? Do you keep trying every new supplement and body building product that comes out only to get no results? If that's you and you're tired of wasting your money, time, and energy on empty promises, then read on for some simple tips that should help you get results - FREE!
- In order for body building workouts to give you the desired results, the basics need to be understood. This may sound obvious but there are many people who do not grasp the basic concepts of a good workout routine, in turn, this means they fail to get adequate results. The first basic principle which should always be carefully planned out is the nutritional plan that goes along with body building workouts. Around 80% of results rely on nutrition. This means that you can lift weights for hours, but if your diet is not planned out correctly you will only see 20% muscle gain.
Solution: Plan your diet with respect to your body.
- Another basic fact to keep in mind is that following professional workouts will not get you good results. This is due to the fact that most of us are not gifted with their muscle building genetics, or their limitless quantities of muscle enhancing drugs. Quite simply put, it is nearly impossible for the average guy to get even close to the same results as a professional bodybuilder with their workouts. You need to listen to your own body.
Solution: Follow your body’s request. It is best to just stay away from those types of workouts, there are better alternatives that I mentioned above.
- Lastly when looking for a workout routine or when creating your own, keep it in the forty-five to the sixty-minute range. Testosterone levels which greatly help with muscle gains start to decrease after an hour meaning the benefits of longer bodybuilding workouts are minimal.
Solution: Workout for 45 mins to 1 hour, then stop and take a long break.
4 Body Building Workout Tips to Increase Your Training Results
If there's a harrowing experience in life it must be getting into muscle building. There are a lot of concepts you have to know if you would like to achieve success in iron pumping and if you make the mistake of ignoring even one concept then I am terribly scared you will not achieve success in bodybuilding. The 1st and most vital factor you want to grasp is the sort of body you have.
You need to understand your body chemistry and structure as it will determine whether or not you will achieve success in transforming your body. When you're selecting the kind of coaching regimen you're going to use, the type of body structure you have will identify the precise training program you're going to use. If your body structure is ectomorphic then this means you have problems in gaining weight. Go ahead and do the following after knowing your body structure.
1. Get a private trainer - An individual trainer will help you select a proper coaching program that will help you transform your body the way you desire. You do not need to hire an individual trainer for the whole year after the initial console; you can simply use the information you gathered from the personal trainer in your first three or four paid sessions to go on for a while and get results.
Getting an individual trainer is useful for two reasons: They will help you reduce gym wounds and also help you drop some unpleasant habits which would have stopped you from succeeding in bodybuilding.
2. Ensure you use all the acceptable techniques such as compound movements and weight lifting.
3. Eat accurately balanced meal. This can help you change your body and also maintain sound health.
4. Rest! Rest! Rest!!! You need to remember to rest. Train your body to rest.
- Building muscles is an art and not a thing which can happen forcibly. Just like any other art, patience is the name of the game.
- Plan your diet with respect to your body
- Follow your body’s request. It is best to just stay away from those types of workouts, there are better alternatives that I mentioned above.
- Workout for 45 mins to 1 hour, then stop and take a long break.
- Get a private trainer
- Use all the acceptable techniques
- Eat accurately balanced meal
- Rest! Rest! Rest!!!
Rest is crucial because it is the only way by which the body is able to recover. When you undertake intense resistance training your muscles get positively damaged in the act and they have to recover in order that they can grow. If you don't rest correctly between workouts and at night when sleeping then you will not be able to help the recovery process.
Use caution and talk with your health care provider before you start building your body to gain strength or muscle size. Any exercise that increases your heart rate helps you burn calories and melt away unwanted pounds. Strength training is very important for your muscles and bones. Go now and start your workout routine and don't forget to give this hub thumbs up. Push all the social buttons as much as you can. A little push exercise would not hurt :) Till I have the time to write more about body building tips, it's bye for now.
Strength training is very important for your muscles and bones. Go now, grab a copy of Myatt Murphys "The body you want in the time you have", and start your workout routine. Don't forget to give this hub thumbs up. Push all the social buttons as much as you can. A little push exercise would not hurt :) Till I have the time to write more about body building tips, it's bye for now.
Don't forget to give this hub thumbs up. Push all the social buttons to share with your workout partner as well as your friends. Let's call that a mouse clicking exercise. A little mouse clicking exercise would not hurt :)
Till I have the time to write more about body building tips, it's bye for now. Stay strong!
- Home : Oxford English Dictionary
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Do any dietary supplements help to build muscle? Are they safe? Find out here.
This content is for informational purposes only and does not substitute for formal and individualized diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, and/or dietary advice from a licensed medical professional. Do not stop or alter your current course of treatment. If pregnant or nursing, consult with a qualified provider on an individual basis. Seek immediate help if you are experiencing a medical emergency.
© 2017 Onaolapo Adeyemi
Robert Burroughs on March 15, 2018:
I added your hub to my Facebook business page. It has been too long since my last workout but I'm changing that. I've opened a shopify store dedicated to fitness, and I'm going to make a change.