There are some people who go to the gym to work out on cardio machines because they absolutely love the way that the workout makes them feel. That’s not most people. Most people go to the gym to work out on cardio machines because they know that these are the machines that are going to provide the most effective workout for weight loss. Many of these people want to know which cardio machines are going to provide that loss of weight in the quickest manner possible.
Some of the most popular cardio machines available for weight loss are:
1. Elliptical machines. The people who have had success losing weight with these machines swear by them and will tell you that the elliptical is the single best machine for cardio workouts if you’re looking to lose weight as well as to tone your body. However, others may express less success with this machine in terms of weight loss. The machine works out the entire body but it’s a low-impact machine so it’s relatively easy for most people to use it in spite of any injuries or difficulties that they may have. The most important thing to remember with these is to switch up the routine a lot by changing the settings to make it more challenging; this is the only way that you’ll lose a lot of weight on these machines. Otherwise you’ll just have a nice easy workout but you won’t get that maximum weight loss that you’re going for.
2. Rowing machines. There are a lot of people at the gym who will avoid this machine because they think it’s hard. That’s actually a sign that this machine provides a good workout. Rowing machines work out your entire body in a way that is similar to the elliptical machine. If you have ever actually rowed a boat then you know that this can be strenuous work which means that you’re going to be able to lose weight rapidly when it’s part of your workout routine.
3. Ski exercise machines. People who want a full body workout that is a little bit more challenging in terms of aerobic exercise may want to look at ski exercise machines. There are machines that simulate downhill skiing and machines that simulate cross country skiing; it is the cross country skiing machine (like the Nordic) that you’ll want to get if you’re looking for a cardio workout that’s going to help you rapidly lose weight. These are terrific machines for people who actually enjoy skiing and who want to keep their muscles built up while working out to lose weight. By changing the elevation settings, you can increase the challenge of the workout.
4. Stair climbing machines. The stair climber is another one of those machines that a lot of people will avoid because it doesn’t look as easy as some of the other cardio machines. People who commit to using the stair climber when they are at the gym will typically find that it speeds up their weight loss. The trick is to set the machine to a challenging level and then make sure that you pump your arms at your side as though you were truly climbing for sport; don’t rest on the rails as if this is an easy climb up your staircase at home.
5. Stationary Bicycle. People who enjoy biking may find that they also enjoy using the stationary bike at the gym. This is a great tool for weight loss and yet it’s a fairly easy cardio machine to use. In fact, many people will use this machine when they are dealing with leg, knee or back injuries. The recumbent bicycle is an even better option for people with back problems because it allows you to be seated lower in the device instead of having to hold yourself upright. Either machine can be good for a cardio workout if you’re willing to challenge yourself on the bike. If you get too lazy and bike at a leisurely pace then you won’t lose as much weight.
6. Treadmills. The treadmill is one of the most popular cardio machines at the gym. A lot of the reason for this is that people feel comfortable with the treadmill because it’s a common machine and the workout is something that we’re all used to doing – running (or walking). A treadmill can provide a great cardio workout but you really need to commit to it for this to be great for weight loss. You want to make sure that you set the treadmill to a challenging pace and that you keep it up for the duration of the workout. Many people make the mistake of slowing down on the treadmill or ignoring the option to do hills and they end up losing weight slower than they want to because of this.
These are all great cardio workout machines for weight loss. The main thing is really that you find a machine that you enjoy using and can commit to using on a regular basis. For some people, this may even mean using a series of multiple machines on a regular schedule to change things up a little bit while still getting a steady workout. Once you’ve chosen your machines, you have to make sure that you keep challenging yourself to workout out for longer periods of time on more challenging settings. That’s what it takes to lose weight quickly with this type of exercise equipment.
Sharon on March 09, 2016:
From my point of views Treadmill is always great to walk and running in any season t and It makes mood for running and speedier rather than foot way. And best equipment for fitness. You can check out http://treadmillreviewzblog.com/lifespan-tr1200-dt... to find out more on Treadmill.
Anil on July 11, 2013:
It's indeed worth appreciating
stevenazhuo on December 10, 2012:
Drinking boiled water: Hot water has warm effect. In the autumn and winter season more boiled water can be added body moisture, resist dry weather, and make the skin keep water tender smooth. The most important thing is,more water drinked many can make the body produce a certain quantity of heat,which is helpful for sweating. Moreover, more boiled water can also inhibit chan bug! if Water to drink enough, you won't want to eat snacks. So more boiled water drinking is a good way to lose weight beauty in winter.
If you want to lose weight permanently, then visit right now: http://fastestwaytoloseweightrightnow.com/
Emma Jones from New York, New York on April 12, 2012:
stamina track glider is nice, any one using it?
Emma Jones from New York, New York on April 09, 2012:
did any one tried ZUMBA dvds for weight loss and fitness. ?
Noncellulose on March 12, 2012:
Check out P90X.
kpete917 on February 04, 2012:
I use the spin bike in my home and I am going to purchase a tread mill, however my motivation sucks. What can I do to build motivation during the winter months?
sano on February 03, 2012:
thanks for the information. i am now using the Elliptical machines and i really love it. it is better for me and i believe with it i can lose much more weight. i have used all these machines and i love this one more
alfira348 on August 30, 2011:
Useful article, I have a question: whether by using the Elliptical machines can help to reduce cellulite? I think the exercise to achieve weight loss will indirectly reduce the fat on the body that are not useful
Ron on July 17, 2011:
I like you hub, and i'm always exercise in the morning to make me fresh and helthy. Thanks.
Get Rid Of Stomach Rolls on May 16, 2011:
You have a lot of great tips here for exercise. I find the treadmill and elliptical to be the best cardio machines for me to lose weight. I like how you have summarized all the other cardio machines for losing weight.
Arnold Mayer on April 04, 2011:
Thanks for the article. My spouse and i have continually noticed that a majority of people are desirous to lose weight simply because they wish to show up slim in addition to looking attractive. Nonetheless, they do not generally realize that there are many benefits so that you can losing weight as well. Doctors say that overweight people come across a variety of illnesses that can be perfectely attributed to their excess weight. The great news is that people who definitely are overweight plus suffering from diverse diseases can reduce the severity of their illnesses through losing weight. It is possible to see a slow but noticeable improvement with health if even a minor amount of weight-loss is accomplished.
Manuel Mcfadden on February 21, 2011:
Thanks a lot, this was a really interesting hub!
David Whitney on January 27, 2011:
I like to do the stiars.
dave360 on December 06, 2010:
I like elliptical machines (easy on the knees) and skating machine...steppers kill me :p although i have no problem running 10km !?
mirtlesquirtle on October 24, 2010:
I like treadmills and stair climber. I like the fact that after I am done with the workout, I look like I have run a marathon..:)
Brian Colborne from Dublin on August 14, 2010:
Hey I found this hub fantastic, I love the detailed information its very helpful, but is there a difference in the effect of walking outdoors and walking on a treadmill? i have been considering getting one for working out at home during winter.
here are some additional benefits from walking for weight loss:
* Lowers insulin Resistance and thus prevents or reverses type 2 diabetes
* Slows your aging (Anti Aging) dramatically
* Lowers high blood pressure
* detoxifies your blood and lymphatic system by getting the major muscles moving
* prevents cardiac problems
* it will get you fit
* It will get you confident and slim
Another useful tip is to get MOTIVATED friends to join you and commit to walking together 3 times per week for 30 minutes Smile
healthy living on July 12, 2010:
My personal favorite is the treadmill. But a variety in cardio workouts and machine selections helps keep workout interesting & fun. Although, I highly recommend the elliptical machines because it's less pressure on the knees.
NorwinGalle from USA on June 29, 2010:
Good to know about Cardio Machines.Nice reading this useful hub.
ted122781 from Texas on May 12, 2010:
Great Hub! Very informative.
mixfitness from Round Hill, VA on April 13, 2010:
The bottom line is that all cardio machines help you burn calories, which is essential for losing weight. Variety and commitment (as you said) is key!
john on January 28, 2010:
I also agree with szenovera, I saw great results using cardio machines, but don't get fooled by the ones you buy for home, sometimes its much better to subscribe for a gym and get them there.
szenovera on January 22, 2010:
Yes, Cardio machines are very helpful for weight loss. If you use interval training, you can get more results than if you did traditional aerobic cardio.
alfasentari on January 04, 2010:
Great Hub. I especially like the elliptical machines because I can get a great fat burning workout without putting any added stress on my joints.
sabbatha1 from firstname.lastname@example.org on November 03, 2009:
Nice hub. Me and my fiancée have a whole set up for a gym. As we build our home he is wanting to add a littlew gym area for all the equipment we have.
zeehman from Port Orchard on October 08, 2009:
nice hubs!!!!!how'd u get so many hubs???????????
Mukuna on October 07, 2009:
This is really good. But to go along with these fitness equipment, the market has now presented a type of a medication that will go along providing health boost to help you in matters of health.
An advice: Take in fewer calories than you expend in exercise.
This is backed by other characteristics of this supplement.
Unlike many diet supplements in that it uses a combination of natural and herbal ingredients designed to help the body stay healthy while losing weight.
Michelle Long on September 03, 2009:
Hi Kathryn....Its me again...i really enjoy reading your hub...cause you also clear my doubts....I'm actually now plan to go for one fitness equipment, but due to limited budget,I need to on hold this plan....however thanks for your info, providing me lots of useful info:)
Hammerj from Cebu City on June 21, 2009:
Hello good day..this is very useful if you want to gain weight loss.But this stuff is very expensive..sorry for that..its okay if you have time to go in the gym..But anyway this is tips is very helpful..
Sandria Green-Stewart from Toronto, Canada on June 01, 2009:
Hi Kathryn; I have used all those machines that you mentioned. You are right on. I like the rowing machine, but my gym partner hates it. Currently, I most do mostly aerobics, not so much machine as I find them boring. Maybe that's the reason why my weight loss has plateaued. You do raise a good point, I should vary my work out. Maybe I will add machine at least once per week...
Thanks for this great hub. Nice work.