Jakayla obtained her MSW degree from the University of Central Florida.
The Moral of The Story Is..
I offer this information from my own personal life experiences. I have experienced struggle in all three areas (mental health, culture, and spirituality) sometimes independently and sometimes interchangeably. I have come to believe that my struggles have not been in vain. It has allowed me to be compassionate and understanding of the various needs and struggles of other people.
My thought is that if I have struggled so deeply, maybe many others are also suffering in these areas (both clients and clinicians). My hope is that these words offer a level of clarity and balance. I am grateful for understanding. In this section, I have provided some concrete definitions, some thoughts, and beliefs that have personally aided me. My hope is that they may offer insight into your practice or personal journey.
Paranoia is defined by Webster as a mental condition characterized by delusions of persecution, unwarranted jealousy, or exaggerated self-importance, typically elaborated into an organized system. It is suspicion and mistrust of people or their actions without evidence or justification.
- So we subconsciously seek justification or evidence in our mind to confirm the lie or illusion that was sent to us. Practice rejecting the poison because it is not real and it is not you.
- Instead, trust The Holy Spirit (or higher self) that was gifted to you and believe what He (or it) shares with you. This is your real truth!
Shame & Guilt
Shame & Guilt are used to manipulate us into believing we (and our mistakes) are not the perfect will of God (or a part of our journey).
- Shame is a painful feeling of humiliation or distress caused by the consciousness of wrong or foolish behavior.
- Guilt is a feeling of having done wrong or failed in an obligation.
- We do not have to identify with our experiences or even our choices. We can understand ourselves separate from those reactions.
- More clarity comes and you can always remember somebody loves you no matter what.
Doubt & Fear
- Doubt is a feeling of uncertainty or lack of conviction
- Fear is an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain or a threat.
- Once we start doubting, fear tries to engage us, and it tries to cancel out our peace.
- Our thoughts aren't always telling us the truth. Sometimes they straight-up lie to us through symbolism, reasoning and analysis, emotions, and negative talk by self or others.
- The truth is, you can never lose who you are. God decided on you in the beginning. Praise the Lord!
- Decide to choose your higher self!
Our Design Matters
From client to clinician our unique mind, culture, and spirit are important to the world. It is valuable to the rest of creation that we are ourselves. Identifying, understanding, and accepting the different elements that create us can promote peace and freedom.
Working with clients towards this at their own pace and their consent is rewarding in more ways than one. I am excited about our client's (and our own) healing journey and future. Happy Healing!
This content reflects the personal opinions of the author. It is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and should not be substituted for impartial fact or advice in legal, political, or personal matters.
© 2020 Jakayla