I like to share information that makes life more joyful and meaningful. My main interests are health and general wellness in body and mind.
How to lose weight in a healthy way and keep it off is the most pressing question around the world.
When we want to lose weight we either consult a book which will give us low calories recipes and maybe explain some exercise or we will go to gym directly without proper analysis of our body without knowing the reasons of obesity.
There are many groups and pages available on social media where everybody is sharing weight loss journey which motivates us all but can help few people because the main thing we have to understand the truth is there is no “one size fits all” solution to permanent healthy weight loss. What works for one person may not work for all, some people says the key to loss weight is to eat less and exercise more whereas some people believes cutting out fats from diet can really help , others thinks that eating more fats and no carbs is the solution which is known as "Keto Diet" don't be discourage if a diet plan for other is working and not for you ultimate reason is every body work differently than others and you have to find the plan which fits best to your body type to achieve result in long term.
5 Things to Keep in Mind if You Want to Lose Weight.
Successful weight reduction requires individual genuineness and honesty. "Ensure any change you will make are reasonable for you and your way of life. We have this mind set that eating out or ordering food from restaurants is very unhealthy and cooking at home takes much more time and effort, so what to eat? i would suggest to not plan cooking healthy food every night instead you might can cook 3 days in a week and other days you can order from restaurants with healthy options like Steamed vegetables, BBQ, Fattoush ,Hummus with organic crackers,Tuna fish or Lentil soup. When you will wish to have healthy food from restaurants you will end up having a variety of dishes.
Yes,it is possible to reduce weight in a short span of time but it is rarely sustainable and we have several examples all over the world to justify this statement. Gradual weight reduction is the best approach, as you'll be considerably more prone to keep that weight off over the long run.
Weight loss around 2 pounds in a week is a healthy weight reduction sign but never let your self caught in these numbers every week rather then this you need to make sure you are eating healthy and giving proper time to your workout.
We don't generally eat just to fulfill physical craving. A large number of us also turn to food for comfort,reduce stress,or to remunerate ourselves. When you are feeling down, bored or lonely you might reach for a pint of ice cream or order a pizza to release the stress,Emotional eating is using food to make yourself feel good, this food is to fulfill your emotional need not your stomach,Unfortunately emotional eating doesn’t fix emotional problems. In fact, it usually makes you feel worse.
So you need to know the difference between emotional hunger and physical hunger.
Many times it happen to us we become confuse either we are hungry or thirst, this is one of the common mistakes we do, next time whenever you feel hungry just try to drink one glass of water many times you will realize you were not hungry and it was just you being thirsty and not realizing it.
Having water makes you feel full and you will eat less. At the point when you eat less you shed pounds.it will be a good thought to have a glass of water before you have your meal.
There are several types of exercises these days experts recommend you to choose exercise you enjoy so that you will stick to a regular routine. Aerobic,Yoga,Weight training,Dance classes etc etc we do have many options. The key is to make exercise part of your routine and do it regularly according to your schedule.
For incorporating exercise in your lifestyle you have many options for example use bicycle instead of your car or even if you are using car park it away from destination so you can walk. Use of stairs is also consider as good idea but of course it all depends on your health if you have knee problem,in this case using stairs is a bad idea.You must have consultation with your doctor before opting any serious regime to avoid health issues.
Myths Busting! Weight Loss With Foods
You will lose weight by having green tea.
Antioxidants predominantly flavonoids and low calories drink
Drinking Honey in luke warm water with the believe it will melt fats
Its beneficial as you might use less, to sweeten food and beverages as compared to sugar as its sweeter.
Oats sheds weight
High in Fiber,You will eat less after consuming Oats
Lemon water can melt fats
High in Vitamin C but only can limit calories intake as it is low calories drink
My Morning Elixir
Detox water is very important to eliminate all the toxin from body. I use to drink it every morning before having breakfast.
- 1 tablespoon whole chia seeds
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- Mix all the ingredients together. Let rest for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the chia seeds have formed a gel. Drink up.
- Chia Seeds: One of the great things about chia seeds being so popular—you can get them almost anywhere now! You want whole chia seeds, and either white or black will work.
- Water: If you’re really anti-added chemicals, you’ll want to use purified or filtered water. I personally just use warm tap water. There are lots of different articles out there about the temperature of water you should drink, and it seem there are advantages and disadvantages to just about every temp range. I personally use warm water, because I’m almost always chilled when I get out of warm bed and head to the cold kitchen!
- Lemons: I choose to use organic lemons, because I figure that if I’m drinking something for my health, avoiding as many pesticides as possible is a good idea. I use half of a lemon in the morning in my elixir, and then I usually squeeze the other have over a salad at lunch..
Gluten Free Brownies
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
I am sharing this recipe because our one of the most favorite dessert is brownie so here’s a guilt free, low fat recipe that i came up with that you can probably make with ingredients you already have in your kitchen.
✅ Gluten Free
✅ Dairy Free
✅ No unhealthy fats
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 3/4 cup oat flour (ground and sifted oats)
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Grease your pan and preheat the oven at 180 degree celsius.
- In a large bowl add your oil, honey and sugar and whisk until mixed well.
- Add in your eggs and milk and whisk.
- Add in your cocoa powder, oat flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda and fold with a spatula.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and even out the surface.
- Bake for about 30 minutes depending on your oven. I like to take them out when my toothpick comes out slightly wet and not completely clean. They cook a bit more when cooling down.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
You are what you eat, so stay sweet!
Tips for Eating Out on a Diet..
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and does not substitute for diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, and/or dietary advice from a licensed health professional. Drugs, supplements, and natural remedies may have dangerous side effects. If pregnant or nursing, consult with a qualified provider on an individual basis. Seek immediate help if you are experiencing a medical emergency.
© 2019 Ammara Hameed
Laslie on June 03, 2020:
Looking forward to more articles
Nas on January 08, 2020:
Anum Mudassar on November 02, 2019:
Thank you ammara for writing this! I love it so much!
Please keep on sharing such helpful topics.
Amal on November 02, 2019:
Please guide in detail about water benefits.