Claudette Carter has been a writer for more than 30 years. Graduated from Widener University and enjoys focusing on positive things in life.
This Soup is Filled With Herbs, Chicken Stock and Vegetables
The Coronavirus has taken the lives of various family members and friends throughout the world. Anything we can do to bring a source of comfort to individuals suffering from this virus can be a blessing. I started making this soup over a year ago after coming from my cousin‘s funeral service. In November 2019 l returned home from this funeral sick with flu like symptoms. My cousin died from a battle with pneumonia which was later discovered to be symptons of the virus. At the time our family had no clue what the coronavirus, covid, pandemic or any such words meant. Months later we have learned and applied the meaning of these horrific terminologies. l do not proclaim to be in the scientific or medical field. This is also not a proclomation that the homemade soup heals people of coronavirus or the flu. I put this soup recipe together just so that l could feel better and now help others. It has helped many of my family members feel a source of comfort while experiencing coronavirus symptoms. l just wanted to share this recipe with the soul purpose that it might help others feel solace as well.
This Soup Can Be Shipped When Placed in Mason Jars or Zipped Locked Bags on Dry or Regular Ice
I started sharing this soup when my nephew in Delaware got seriously ill with coronavirus. We were worried so l decided to take my nephew some of this homemade chicken soup. He ate it and within the next day or two, he was up and about. The following week he requested another order. We were just thankful that he felt and got better. My family members in Chicago received this homemade chicken soup in Chicago, Illinois the next day after they were suffering symptoms of covid. It was a little pricey because l packed the soup on dry ice. The weight of the box that was shipped by UPS caused the price to increase. I had to get the soup there as soon as possible just to help them through these terrible symptoms. My niece said it was a little spicy but her husband and sons ate it and felt better. My brother was in South Carolina for a funeral after the death of hus mother-in-law. l packed mason jars in a cooler with ice and sent it by his daughter. They enjoyed the soup and we were so thankful no virus symptoms upon their return. More soup has been requested so that is the main reason l am posting this recipe. To chop up the herbs, vegetables and mix the soup with alkaline water takes about a half an hour to prepare. You can also use turkey parts as well as chicken parts. Please just enjoy and it is my prayer and hope each of us will get past these difficult times as we try to take care of each other based on true love and concern.
Two cups of Alkaline Water:
- 8 pieces preferably of chicken a whole chicken cut into pieces or chicken thighs, legs or wings, Chop 1 whole white or red onion, 3 stalks of celery, 1 jalapeño pepper,
- 1 tablespoon of lemon pepper, 3 mini sweet peppers, 4 cloves of garlic,, Half fresh stalk of cilantro
- 1 can of cream of celery soup, 1 can of cream of chicken, mix alkaline water in bowl with ingredients.
- Two tablespoons of curry powder, 2 tablespoonfuls of turmeric, 1 tablespoon of white pepper,
This Homemade Chicken Soup Does Not Proclaim to Heal Coronavirus or the Flu
“I do not proclaim to be in the scientific or medical field. This is not a declaration that the homemade soup heals people from coronavirus or the flu. It just gives a source of comfort during these diseases.”
- Moderately season chicken parts separately with salt, lemon pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, turmeric, curry powder and if you like your soup a little spicy season chicken also with white pepper. Pour half of mixture with herbs, vegetables and soup into bottom of crockpot. Place half of chicken parts on top of soup mixture. Pour half of remaining mixture over the other four pieces. Then place last four pieces of chicken over that soup. Pour remaining mixture over the top of those four pieces. Put the lid of crockpot on. Make sure the setting is on low and cook for about 8 hours or overnight. Your family will awaken to awesome aromas that fill your home.
- *It is important if possible that you use alkaline water for this recipe to not only make the soup delicious but to help individuals feel better if they are experiencing virus, cold or flu symptoms. I am not professing to be a doctor but this recipe has helped many. It’s just a good, old fashioned, chicken soup recipe.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2021 Claudette Coleman Carter