- 50 Best Quotes for Single Men and Single Women From ...
This Hub consists of quotes for single people of any age, pretwenties, twenties, thirties or older on happiness, life, love, relationships, friendships from many famous people.
When someone thinks of success, what comes across is having success financially, being wealthy and having millions of dollars come your way. That's one part of being successful. But for the young adult and full adult success should mean prospering in every area of their lives, in family relationships, in the workplace, in romantic relationships, in their education, in friendships and in their routine lives. Here are tips for any young person to be and feel successful.
1. Know Who you are and Who you are not- Have confidence in yourself, take time to really understand yourself, do not compare yourself and life with others. Start to see ways in which you are unique, appreciate your strengths, be patient with your weakness and venture out on this great journey of knowing the God who created You.
2. Learn from adversity and the many challenges in life- These can be our adversities or the tough times in others. Through our young adult life, you will experience challenges, tough times and adversity in your workplace, family, relationships, etc. When these hard times come, you will have to make a decision when you have these bad experiences, either view it as a stumbling block, be overwhelmed by it or aim on what you can learn and how you can grow from the experience. Make the right choice.
3. Read- Have an overall knowledge of various topics can gain you success - Read a variety of books, from history books, novels, books on business, leadership, success, relationships, communication, marketing, etc. Join a Book club if you have to.
4. Find Someone you want to be like and who will take time to pull out the treasures inside of you- a pastor, friend or peer, mentor, and make time to learn from them.
5. Contribute your time to volunteering and giving to others
There are so many people who need help, poor, needy, destitute, homeless, widows, single moms, hungry children, people with addictions and have a broken heart. Find a place, organization, church, library, museum where you can volunteer and give your time to.
6. Become an Inspiration to others- bring purpose, meaning, hope, love, value to others. As people cross paths with us daily, we have the opportunity to inspire them and also do random acts of kindness.
- 16 Ways to Add Adventure to Your Normal Routine
Although having a steady routine everyday is necessary, doing the same things everyday, can take the excitement out of life. Here are some ways to get out from the normal routine to spice up life.
7. Visit a foreign country- There are so many things you can learn and experience from visiting different countries, from the Caribbean, Africa, South America, Europe, Central America and United States.
8. Explore New People- Spend time with someone from a different culture or race and be very open to it- choose from Africans, Caribbeans, Chinese, Indian, Mexican, Swedish, Irish, Italian, British, Cuban, etc
9. Explore New Hobbies- horseback riding, tennis, scrapbooking, sewing, knitting, play sports (basketball, volleyball, baseball, flower collecting, hiking, bicycling, bowling, swimming
10. Explore New Ways of Shopping- shop at stores you would not usually shop at- if you are a fan of only Walmart and Target, try other stores like Kohls, JCPenny, Harry and David, Sears
11. Develop a New interest in Things - fashion, photography, traveling, cooking, sports, gardening, painting, writing, learning a foreign language and theatre.
12. Ride an Elephant
14. Go on a Hot Air Balloon- this can be quite adventurous
15. Ride in a helicopter- I have never been in a helicopter, so it would be wonderful to try to do this.
16. Take the stage alone- karaoke, night find an opportunity to be alone on a stage in front of a crowd.
17. Learn to play an instrument- if you have not learnt to play an instrument or already played an instrument, try another one- piano, drums, guitar, violin, organ, etc
18. Live in the Big city, Suburban town, a small town or in the town- and see the disadvantages and advantages. I have lived in a suburban town and small town. There are lots of benefits.
19. Run a Marathon- this can be quite challenging, but push us to do great things.
20. Develop a plan and the necessary steps to make your career choice come to pass.
21.Choose a career or passion that you genuinely enjoy and one that does not just pay your bills.
22. Recognize those times when you must work odd jobs to pay your bills- like working as a receptionist, flipping burgers, store clerk, janitor, cleaning lady, nanny etc.
23. Don't give up- be persistent, patient and aim at making your life more fulfilling, so all your dreams can come through.
24. Have a resume and keep it updated- it is wise to create resumes for different jobs.
- 7 Ways to Create Extra Income on the Side
With the loss of jobs and continual rise in prices, here are some ways for anyone, men, women, college student or just about anyone to make some extra money by identifying areas in their lives where income can be created.
25. Create a wise Budget Plan- track your monthly income and see how much you should spend for each area in your life, groceries, clothing, bills (electric, gas, college bills,cellphone, credit card bills, internet, etc)
26. Learn to Balance the Checkbook or Online Banking- keep track of banking online
27. Have a Savings Account in the Bank or at home - learn to save at least $1-5 a week or whatever you can. This will make life much easier.
28. Use Credit Cards only in Emergency Situations
Purchasing everything with credit card is quite foolish and will end up in debts beyond your limit. Be wise and determine when the use of a credit card is necessary.
29. Maintain Healthy Lifestyle- drink lots of water, eat fruits and vegetables, stop smoking, stay away from artificial sweeteners and things that contain artificial sweeteners like sodas, yogurts, juices, gums, etc.
30. Engage in physical activity for at least 30 minutes every day or three times per week - Join the gym, go on a brisk walk, or do some physical activity like basketball, tennis, baseball, football, soccer, ride a bike, horseback riding etc.
31. Budget Your Time Wisely- Find time for Yourself, find time to Spend Time with People and cut off time wasting activities.
32. Maintain a regular bedtime
Determine the best time to go to bed. For me, the latest is 11pm on weekdays. Don’t stay up late till 2am. You need a good night sleep, so you will be free from stress and be refreshed for the next day.
33. For a Great Spiritual Health- Look for a Church that believes in the Bible, with a great prayer group and Bible Study
34. Add laughter to your life- by watching a funny movie or TV show, calling a friend or relative that makes you laugh,
35. For Better Emotional Health- find someone who you can express your true feelings to, during times of crisis, stress, disappointments and heartache.
36. Express a Thankful Heart for all things daily- the small things as well as the big things
- 13 Early Warning Signs that a Person will not be a True Friend
True Friends are a great gift. When you meet someone, there are certain warnings to look for at the very beginning to determine if we have met a friend, a critic, or if this person will be toxic.
37. Live with people- experience living for relatives, friends and alone and see which is best - when I was younger I lived with my folks, then I lived with another family in another state and I usually rent rooms from older women.
38. Cut out friends that are toxic and that do not contribute positively in your life.
39. Invest in small groups to get know a variety of people-
Do an inventory in your area, city, town, state of different variety of groups such as book clubs, single groups, single moms group, moms group, group for single men that enforce character principles and groups for single ladies.
40. Surround yourself with people who support you, respect you, takes time to get to know the real you and who influences you in a positive way.
41. Don't hold onto anger and offenses- be a forgiving person
42. Choose to recognize when you are being fooled, manipulated, used, controlled in any way.
43. Develop wise skills in choosing a partner that loves you, have good character qualities and is a helpmate, not someone who is a hindrance or negative influence in your life- as a young adult, there can be a lot of drama in dating, a lot of fun experiences, possible bad experiences.
44. Choose one or more dish recipe that you can master- learn how to prepare a few favorite meals and desserts.
45. Practice Good Manners to All- show Respect and kindness to All
46. Keep your apartment and house clean- clear out all the clutter, don't leave clothes hanging around, wash the dishes, keep your things organized, clean your bathrooms at least once a week,
47. Learn to change a tire and jumpstart a car.
48. Learn to maintain your car- Check oil level and washer fluid and fill when needed
49. Learn to dress appropriately for every occasion- whether it is a casual occasion, or professional, dressing well means being clean, being updated on fashion and looking great.
50. Learn to Be wise in buying a car without getting ripped off
More By This Author
- 50 Quotes to Help Overcome Many Types of Fears : Fro...
Many of us struggle with fears , of the future, people, failure, rejection and so much more.Fear can steal your joy, peace, sleep, love and lead to stress. Learn to overcome by these amazing quotes.
- Inspirational Quotes for Hard Times, Tough Times, Adversity
Here are quotes and encouraging words from famous people to help you through hard, tough times; whether it is a loss, financial times, struggles in a relationship, with your marriage, children, job.
- 20 Quotes on Favor and Blessing from the Book of Proverbs
This hub deals with many wise sayings from the book of Proverbs about favor and blessing.
Pennington (author) on April 29, 2017:
Thanks DDE for your encouraging feedback.
Devika Primić from Dubrovnik, Croatia on April 29, 2017:
I had to stop by here again. Your ideas re useful and worth trying to be happy, confident and to show the real you.
Pennington (author) on March 20, 2017:
Thank you DDE for your feedback. Thanks for stopping by.
Devika Primić from Dubrovnik, Croatia on March 20, 2017:
Share everything together and know yourself better. You shared useful points here.
Pennington (author) on March 14, 2017:
Thanks James for stopping by and reading my Hub. I appreciate your feedback.
James C Moore from Joliet, IL on March 13, 2017:
Amen to your #1 nugget of wisdom. It's good to be comfortable in the skin your in. Also, it's too bad when you have to learn #28 the hard way. Good list.
Pennington (author) on March 10, 2017:
I am glad to hear that, MsDora. Thanks for your feedback and for your comment. I appreciate you stopping by and reading my Hub.
Dora Weithers from The Caribbean on March 10, 2017:
All great ideas, Janelle and "Do Daring Things" is the most appealing section for me. I'm up for 12 and 15 if I ever get the chance, and for 19 if only in my dreams. The challenges could only be rewarded with more courage and more confidence.