I have listed some key concepts to follow if you want to lose fat the right way. There is no shortcut, so don't expect there to be a quick hack to losing weight. Just pay attention to what you eat and be sure to eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables that are in season.
1. Keep a diary or track what you eat and drink. This will keep you informed and organised of the calories you are consuming. By doing this you will eventually be more aware of the type of food you are eating and what time your last meal was.
2. In the beginning it would be wise to at least half your consumption of all processed and added fats. You can do this by halving all the dairy, meat, and starchy vegetables. This also includes different types of canned or jarred sauces and condiments.
3. Completly stop eating artificial sugars such as bakery, chocolate, ice cream, desserts, cakes cookies, cereals, pastries, confectionaries etc..
4. Eat protein that is based from vegetables, if the desire for meat is there then eat fish which wild-caught. Avoid tuna as you can get heavy metals poisoning from it, and its also not fresh and is usually tin packed. Protein actually isn't that necessary for the body to stay at optimal energy levels. Even a small amount of protein will suffice.
5. Plan to eat less frequently and try to commit yourself to intermittent fasting, as it has many benefits. Start by eating within an 18-hour window and try to reduce it to a 6 to 4-hour window. You will eventually come to a point where eating once or twice a day is enough for optimal performance.
6. try to reduce the fat content in your milk products (that is if you are drinking it in the first place). If you are drinking whole milk, then get low-fat milk. From 2% reduce to 1%. Get low-fat cheese and yogurt. When buying these products make sure they don't have any added sugars. A better alternative is to buy almond milk or hemp milk.
7. Have at least two light servings of fruits. Nearly all of the fruits have a high fiber and water ratio. So do consume them on a regular basis.
8. Drink water instead of fizzy drinks and juices with artificial flavorings. Carbonated mineral water is fine and herbal teas are even better.
9. Include at least two heavy servings of vegetables throughout the day. If you are still hungry afterwards then add some olive oil or mix it with banana or avocado. To fill your daily fats.
10. Chewing slowly. I cant emphasize enough on this subject, the first part of digestion begins in the mouth. You should be chewing your food until it has become a paste. This can only happen when the digestive juices are released into the mouth while chewing.
11. Grate or chop your fruit and vegetable for a more pleasurable experience of eating. Some people get a kick out of eating in slices or pieces rather than making juices or smoothies.
12. If you eat grains of any sort, make sure they are organic and starch and gluten-free, a few examples are Kamut, quinoa, amaranth etc...
13. Only pick those foods to eat that you can chew very easily. This will increase your fiber intake depending on what food your eating, the act of chewing will actually make you feel more satisfied as well. So if your eating soup, make sure that it has plenty of fresh raw vegetables in it to chew on.
14. Meal planning is a very common trait of many athletes, and it should be done by everyone. Plan your shopping in advance and make a list of what you need and stay with it. Dont just pick up anything you see in the aisle, this is just your usual food cravings trying to break your rhythm.
15. Dont watch TV when you are eating. That includes any sort of snacks as well as late night meals. Be very observative when you eat. Focus and find joy in eating.
I have given 15 straight forward tips on how to eat better and how to lose weight naturally. I will continue to provide more information about weight loss and meal planning in the near future.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2022 Temoor Dar