Feel Better, Heal Faster
Canker sores, those sometimes-excruciatingly painful little mouth ulcers, can drive a person crazy, especially when trying to eat or drink. While they will heal on their own in about a week or so, you want to relieve the pain now. There are a variety of canker sore treatments you can use at home to make your mouth feel more comfortable. Here are a few of the most popular.
Answer My Quiz - Just Takes a Few Seconds
1) Make a home-made mouth rinse. One popular recipe is a mix of half water, half hydrogen peroxide. Swirl in your mouth and then rinse, taking care not to swallow. Do this several times a day.
2) Make a baking soda paste and apply it to your canker sore. Avoid eating or drinking for at least half an hour after application. Reapply 3-4 times per day.
3) Aloe Vera gel. Aloe is very soothing and may help heal your canker sore faster. You can buy aloe vera gel at health food stores or if you happen to have a plant in your yard, simply break off a leaf and split it open. Apply the gel directly to your mouth ulcer and feel the relief. You can reapply it several times per day.
4) Milk of magnesia. A number of dentists recommend this trick. Using a cotton swab, dab a little milk of magnesia or similar product such as Kaopectate to your sore. It will coat it and help protect it from irritation.
5) Black tea bag. The tannins in black tea may help relieve the pain from mouth ulcers. Dampen a tea bag and hold it in your mouth against the sore. Try to keep it there for as long as you can.
6) Try an over-the-counter product such as Gly-oxide, which contains peroxide and glycerin twice per day. The peroxide kills any bacteria and soothing glycerin will coat and protect the mouth sore and help prevent further irritation.
7) An application of a numbing agent such as benzocaine, which you can find at the drugstore, can provide some pain relief. You will need to apply it several times a day and it may initially burn before the numbing takes effect.
8) Vitamin E oil – Break open a Vitamin E capsule and dab the oil directly on your canker sore. It will coat the sore and protect it, and may aid the healing process.
9) Cayenne – This spice contains capsaicin, which may temporarily provide pain relief. Apply a small amount directly to the sore.
10) Apple Cider Vinegar – Although it may sting like the dickens at first, many people swear this kitchen cabinet favorite home remedy helps relieve canker sore pain and speed the healing, especially if the sore was caused by bacteria.
Take heart in the fact that your mouth ulcer pain won’t last more than a few days and soon your mouth will be back to feeling normal.
View More Remedy Suggestions Here
- Aloe Vera May Soothe Your Canker Sores
One of my favorite canker sore treatments is aloe vera. Actually, is it is an outstanding treatment for skin disorders of most kinds and is safe to take internally too. Furthermore, it's also easy to find and economical.
- How to Get Rid of Canker Sores Fast
Having troubles with canker sores? These small, annoying, and persistent wounds can be very painful. Learn how to get rid of canker sores with these home remedies.
- How to get rid of Canker Sores Quickly!
Imagine waking up one morning to discover a painful sore on the inside of your mouth. Maybe you yawn and accidentally bite it (ouch!) or maybe you discover it when that first sip of orange juice hits it. (major ouch!). Once you discover it's there,..
- Proven Ways to Eliminate Canker Sores Permanently
What are canker sores? Canker sores, also called mouth ulcers or merely mouth sores by the vast majority of people, and aphthous ulcers or recurrent aphthous stomatitus by technical people, are little stinging crater-like sores that grow within...
- Canker Sore Treatment and Home Remedies
Info on the latest canker sore treatments to relieve pain and inflammation. Learn what may heal them faster, get tips on prevention.
- Canker Sores Treatment - Aspirin Paste
I'm so excited to post my first article here after I got relief from my canker sore (singaw) by applying aspirin paste. I have had this painful canker sore (singaw) for the past three days. It started when I suddenly bit my lip after an anesthesia...
- Secrets to a Healthy Tongue - Where Do Canker Sores ...
Introduction and background Canker sores, also known as Apthous sores are small painful ulcers with a red border that anywhere inside the mouth. These shallow lesions that can be viewed individually or in...
- Sorry I can't eat I have a "CANKER-SORE"!
Canker-sores are the most uncomfortable pain anyone could even have, yet we know so little about them. Let me share with you important information about canker-sores, and an experience I had with a patient that was easily treated with the laser treat
- Canker Sores: What to do
Canker sores are not fun to have. They are also called aphthous ulcers and they can be very painful and downright irritating as they will make eating food and brushing your teeth difficult. Canker sores look like white-pinkish splotches on the...
- How To Cure Canker Sores
Ouch. The aphthous ulcer, a.k.a. the canker sores. They may look small, but if you have several in your mouth at the same time, they begin to be very annoying. If you are one of the fortuitous people to be plagued with them (about 10% of the...
- Effective Canker Sore Treatments to Reduce Pain and ...
Do you suffer with the pain of canker sores. Do they keep reoccuring. Although the exact cause of canker sores is unknown, we do know there are certain triggers and remedies that will reduce pain and promote healing. Don't miss out on this article fu
- How to Treat and Prevent Chronic Canker Sores in the...
The two approaches to treating cancer sores are with the use of chemicals which only mask the problem and the natural approach which can cure cancer sores permanently.