Arc is a self-help author/speaker and AI thinker. He also make apps as a side hustle.
Transform your damage dealing Outlander into a Tank and Support role. You may not be the famous hard hitter in your party. But you are your allies’ savior.
The build invest lots of points in vitality and support skills. It is also equipped with crowd control skills that turn tide to your party’s favor.
Although the build invest resources in defense and support, you can still deal good damage with Sandstorm, Shadowling Brute and Vortex Hex.
- Dexterity (100 Stat Points): Invest some points in dexterity to boost dodge chance and fumble recovery. Critical hit chance is also nice for this build. 100 Dexterity is enough since you have Dodge Mastery, Share the Wealth and bonuses from items.
- Vitality (395 Stat Points): The main stats of a tank build. Vitality increases you maximum health, all armor, and chance to block.
Warfare (15 Skill Points)
- Vortex Hex (15 Skill Points): Once you summon Vortex Hex, it taunts and stuns multiple enemies protecting you and your allies. The skill can also damage enemies and steals their mana for you.
Lore (42 Skill Points)
- Sandstorm (15 Skill Point): This is the main damage dealing skill that you are going to spam. It hits multiple enemies dealing good amount of damage, knocking them back with chance to stun. As a bonus, killed foes can emit clouds of plague flies damaging more enemies. Sandstorm is also good in generating charge when hitting multiple enemies.
- Burning Leap (1 Skill Point): Put single point in this skill so that you have the ability to dash on enemies or escape danger.
- Dodge Mastery (11 Skill Points): Put all remaining points here. Dodging contributes well to your tanking capabilities.
- Share the Wealth (15 Skill Points): This is a support passive skill that shares your charge benefit to allies. Sandstorm complements with this skill.
Sigil (75 Skill Points)
- Blade Pact (15 Skill Points): It weakens your enemies reducing their attack speed, movement speed, and physical armor. Offensively, it’s a good starting skill before damaging enemies using Sandstorm and Shadowling Brute.
- Stone Pact (15 Skill Points): Stone Pact is probably the best defensive support skill in Outlander’s arsenal. The skill cast ancient curse on the ground. You and your allies passing it gets massive health recovery, boost to all armor, and damage reflect on attacker. Always make sure that there is nearest Stone Pact available for you and your allies.
- Shadowmantle (15 Skill Points): The skill cast hex protecting you from ranged attackers. Provides chance to reflect missile damage back and chance to blind ranged attackers.
- Shadowling Brute (15 Skill Points): Summons Shadowling Brute to help you deal massive damage. Good for this build since you’re a tank.
- Death Ritual (15 Skill Points): This passive skill lets your Shadowling Brute last longer and deal more damage.
- Spell: Retribution - Cast this buff to have the ability to counter attack.
- Tome: Armor Expertise - It increases your armor.
- Tome: Blocking - It increases your chance to block period.
- Tome: Concentration - You need improve mana regeneration for your skills.
Equipment Affixes Priority
- Shield: Tank’s primary equipment!
- All Armor, Health, and Reduce damage taken: Primary affixes of any tank build.
- Increase pet and minion power: Affix for your Shadowlings and pet.
Feel free to make your own version of this build.