Arc is a self-help author/speaker and AI thinker. He also make apps as a side hustle.
Summon Shadowlings to swarm your enemies. Your sources are from skills Shadowling Brute, Shadowling Ammo, and Bane Breath. All Shadowlings are powered by Death Ritual making them last longer and deal more damage.
- Dexterity (100 Stat Points): 100 dexterity plus Share the Wealth and Dodge Mastery provides you with enough dodge and critical hit chance.
- Focus (345 Stat Points): Almost all stat points invested in focus since Bane Breath is the primary damaging skill for this build.
- Vitality (50 Stat Points): This defensive stat keeps the Shadowling summoner alive.
Warfare (15 Skill Points)
- Long Range Mastery (15 Skill Points): Whether you use bow, crossbow, pistol, or wand, Long Range Mastery complements those weapons. For this build, wand is the recommended weapon of choice.
Lore (27 Skill Points)
- Dodge Mastery (12 Skill Points): All remaining points are place in this skill. It increases dodge chance period.
- Share the Wealth (15 Skill Points): This skill is good for you and your Shadowlings. Share the Wealth increases the party’s attack speed, dodge chance, critical hit chance, and cast speed base on your charge.
Sigil (90 Skill Points)
- Bane Breath (15 Skill Points): Bane Breath is the builds primary damaging skill that deals poison. If enemies are killed by means of this skill, they are transformed into Shadowling Fiends that fights for you. This skill deals damage overtime (dot). In Torchlight 2, weaker foes are still spawning during boss fights. So producing Shadowlings when in boss fight is not a problem.
- Stone Pact (15 Skill Points): Cast this to protect you and your allies. The skill massively increases physical and elemental armor with damage reflect on attacker. Additionally, the skill grants massive health recovery. Stone Pact is simply the best defensive support skill for whole party under Outlander’s arsenal.
- Shadowling Brute (15 Skill Points): The Brute is your only Shadowling that can be summoned instantly. It is also your most powerful Shadowling that deals massive damage to enemies.
- Master of the Elements (15 Skill Points): Main purpose of learning this skill is to increase the damage of Bane Breath which deals poison. Wand which deals elemental damage also benefits from this skill.
- Shadowling Ammo (15 Skill Points): This passive skill has chance to generate Shadowling Bats when you kill enemies using range weapon. Please take note that wands can proc this passive skill. In Torchlight 2, weaker foes are still spawning during boss fights. So producing Shadowlings when in boss fight is not a problem.
- Death Ritual (15 Skill Points): Death Ritual is the most important skill for your Shadowlings letting them live longer and deal more damage.
- Tome: Animal Handling - This is the most important tome for your minions and pets. It increases their power.
- Tome: Arcane Tools - Permanently increases the damage of your wands.
- Tome: Dual Wielding - It’s a nice addition to your wands damage when dual wielding.
- Spell: Heal All - This spell heals you and your allies.
You can alternately select below spells if want more minions. These spells are also recommended for pets.
- Spell: Summon Archers (Alternate)
- Spell: Summon Skeleton (Alternate)
- Spell: Summon Zombies (Alternate)
- Spell: Summon Nether Imp (Alternate)
Equipment Affixes Priority
- Dual Wand: Wands are perfect for focus base with Master of the Elements build.
- Increase pet and minion power: The most recommended affixes for this build are to improve both the damage and defense of pet/minions.
- Health, Armor, and Damage reduction: Obtain these affixes from items since you won’t get much from stats and skills.
- Increase poison damage: This affixes is important for your Bane Breath.
Feel free to make your own version of this build.
Arc Sosangyo (author) on June 03, 2016:
Although it will be harder, the build will survive it.
iPErSeus on May 30, 2016:
that seems good
but how about the Early game ?
and most importantly the BOSSes that fights u alone without any mobs