Arc is a self-help author/speaker and AI thinker currently working as IT Manager in a tech company. He also make apps as a side hustle.
The Frost Mage is expert in freezing enemies with sets of ice skills.
Aided by both storm and inferno, this build mainly use frost to deal damage and crowd control on enemies.
- Dexterity (100 Stat Points): Critical hit chance can multiply your damage. Then dodge and fumble recovery adds to your defensive capability.
- Focus (345 Stat Points): This is the primary stats mainly increasing your ice damage. Focus also increases maximum mana and chance to execute if you’re planning to dual wield wands.
- Vitality (50 Stat Points): Vitality increases your defense.
Inferno (24 Skill Points)
- Immolation Aura (15 Skill Points): Use this skill to absorb portion of heavy damage that you cannot swallow. The skill has long cooldown so cast it wisely. Effect last longer whenever you level up this skill. Immolation Aura also damages nearby enemies with fire.
- Elemental Attunement (8 Skill Points): Put all your remaining skill points here. The passive skill grants you chance to burn, freeze, shock, and poison surrounding enemies. Elemental Attunement complements with Fire Brand, Ice Brand, and Lightning Brand.
- Fire Brand (1 Skill Point): Alternate element such as fire is good in dealing with high ice resistant enemies. You can proc this passive skill with Elemental Attunement etc...
Frost (92 Skill Points)
- Hailstorm (15 Skill Points): This is the first damaging skill that you’re going to cast. It makes enemies more susceptible to ice and electric damage. Hailstorm can also stun or freeze affected enemies.
- Frost Phase (1 Skill Point): You only need the ability to teleport so single point is enough for this skill.
- Elemental Boon (15 Skill Points): The ultimate Embermage buff skill. Using Elemental Boon provides you with: increase elemental damage, reduce elemental damage taken, increase mana recovery, bonus resistance to slow, and bonus resistance to immobilization. Since Elemental Boon has longer cooldown than its duration, use it wisely.
- Frost Wave (15 Skill Points): Frost Wave is the main damage skill that you’re going to spam. It hits multiple enemies with a high freeze chance. The skill is a good combination of damage and crowd control.
- Ice Prison (15 Skill Point): You surround the target location with column of ice trapping enemies. This skill is excellent in holding enemies at bay buying you more time to do other things.
- Astral Ally (15 Skill Points): Summon another caster dealing damage to your slowed or immobilize enemies.
- Frozen Fate (1 Skill Point): Putting single point in Frozen Fate lets you immobilize more enemies.
- Ice Brand (15 Skill Points): This passive skill lets you deal more Ice damage to enemies. Triggering Ice Brand is very easy for this build since it has high chance to freeze enemies.
Storm (16 Skill Points)
- Prismatic Rift (15 Skill Points): Prismatic Rift is your last line of defense in case approaching enemies reaches you.
- Lightning Brand (1 Skill Point): Alternate element such as electric is good in dealing with high ice resistant enemies. You can proc this passive skill with Elemental Attunement etc...
- Spell: Elemental Overload - In absence of Elemental Boon, you have Elemental Overload.
- Spell: Heal All - This spell heals you and surrounding allies.
- Tome: Arcane Tools - Passively increases damage of either your wand or staff.
- Tome: Concentration - The skill is good for mana hungry Embermage.
Equipment Affixes Priority
- Stave or Dual Wand or Wand with Shield: Choose one of these options depending on your play style.
- All Armor, Health, and Reduce damage taken: You need defense affixes in case hard hitting enemies reaches you.
- Critical hit chance and critical hit damage: These affixes multiply your ice damage.
- Boost Ice damage: Increasing Ice damage is better.
Feel free to make your own version of this build.