Arc is a self-help author/speaker and AI thinker. He also make apps as a side hustle.
Basic Engineer build is about strength and vitality. A Mage type Engineer build is all about focus and vitality stats.
This build is capable of both unleashing heavy damage and tanking enemy punishments. Equip with one hand weapon, shield and heavy armor that can cast offensive, defensive and support spells. It’s like a typical RPG Paladin or Mage Knight.
- Dexterity (100 Stat Points): Stat for critical hit chance, dodge, and fumble recovery.
- Focus (295 Stat Points): Your priority stat for this build increases your elemental damage, and maximum mana.
- Vitality (100 Stat Points): This mage type build can also tank enemies if combine with shield and enough vitality. You can get more vitality from Engineer equipments.
Blitz (16 Skill Points)
- Onslaught (1 Skill Point): Resource wise (mana and skill points), just put single point for this skill. Use this either for escaping danger, chasing enemies better, or travelling faster.
- Emberquake (15 Skill Points): Your main damage dealer, use it to nuke enemies. This skill is best combine with Fire Bash.
Construction (31 Skill Points)
- Healing Bot (15 Skill Points): I think I never remove Healing Bot in any of my Engineer build. This support skill proves to be effective from early to end game. The bonus mana regeneration at higher level is really helpful for this type of build.
- Fire and Spark (15 Skill Points): Main elemental damage of Engineer class is fire and electric. This skill gives bonus damage to both elements. The passive complements with build’s active skill Onslaught, Ember quake, Overload, Dynamo Field, and Fire Bash.
- Charge Domination (1 Skill Point): Just put single point in this skill since you get better chance the more enemies around. The skill complements with Forcefield, Overload, Fire Bash and Charge Reconstitution.
Aegis (85 Skill Points)
- Forcefield (15 Skill Points): This is another skill that I never remove in any of my Engineer build. This skill protects squishy build and makes a tank tankier. Excellent support skill for the whole party! Forcefield can better absorb damage if cast with more charge.
- Overload (15 Skill Points): A more powerful nuke skill if your Engineer’s charge bar is full. Use this skill to inflict onetime massive area damage with knockback and stun.
- Dynamo Field (9 Skill Points): Your main charge generation skill, distribute 5 points only at early to mid levels for mana efficiency. Use it often for your Forcefield, Overload, Fire Bash and Charge Reconstitution.
- Fire Bash (15 Skill Points): Basically, the damage of this skill is base on your equip shield’s armor value. Enemies hit by this skill become more vulnerable to fire damage. Combine with Emberquake and you deal massive fire damage to enemies. Take note that Fire Bash inflicts damage overtime so you cannot spam it on enemy. It consumes a charge to increase range.
- Immobilization Copter (15 Skill Points): I also include this to skills that never remove in my Engineer build. This is a great debuffing companion decreasing enemies overall speed. At higher level, Immobilization Copter can also damage and interrupt enemies.
- Aegis of Fate (1 Skill Point): This is another skill that only requires 1 skill point for the build. Do not waste more points for this skill because it only adds a percent for each skill point. You can get better chance to proc this skill the more enemies around.
- Charge Reconstitution (15 Skill Point): Passive that heals your Engineer whenever you use Charge for skills.
- Spell: Heal All - Casting spells, tanking, and healing allies means “Complete”.
- Tome: Willpower - This tome makes you unstoppable by providing resistance to slowing and immobilizing effects.
- Tome: Blocking - Passively increase your chance to block using shield.
- Tome: Concentration - Passively improves mana regeneration, useful for this type of build.
Equipment Affixes Priority
- Wand (optional or during early game): Recommended weapon during early game since you invest on focus and don’t have elemental skills at that time.
- High quality one hand melee weapon: High DPS one hand melee weapon with fire or electric damage is recommended.
- High quality Shield: Recommended shield is with high amount of armor and chance to block.
- Fire and electric damage: It also includes bonus focus or boost to elemental damage.
- Critical hit chance and critical hit damage: Attributes for more damage multiplication is welcome on this build.
- Health, armor, or damage reduction: Attributes for more defensive potential, it also includes bonus vitality.
Feel free to make your own variants.