Arc is a self-help author/speaker and AI thinker currently working as IT Manager in a tech company. He also make apps as a side hustle.
The Inferno Mage is skilled in burning enemies with arsenals of fire skills.
Although the build concentrates on high damaging inferno, it is still supported by both frost and storm.
- Dexterity (100 Stat Points): Some points to increase critical hit chance, dodge, and fumble recovery.
- Focus (345 Stat Points): Focus increases the damage of your fire and other skills. It also boosts maximum mana.
- Vitality (50 Stat Points): Few points in vitality are enough since you will get more from equipment.
Inferno (82 Skill Points)
- Blazing Pillar (15 Skill Points): Blazing Pillar seek out foes with chance to burn them for several seconds. Using this skill is effortless since you don’t need to aim it on enemies. Cast this skill on enemies whenever available.
- Infernal Collapse (15 Skill Points): This is your main damage area of effect fire skill. Infernal Collapse damage is devastating that it also knockback enemies. It has low cooldown so you can spam this skill often.
- Immolation Aura (15 Skill Points): Cast this skill to reduce incoming damage that you cannot bear. The skill has long cooldown so use it wisely. But at higher levels, the duration last longer. Immolation Aura can also damage enemies that surround you.
- Firestorm (15 Skill Points): AOE skill that increases the fire damage taken of affected enemies. Cast Firestorm first to make Blazing Pillar and Infernal Collapse more powerful.
- Elemental Attunement (7 Skill Points): The skill provides chance to passively burn, freeze, shock, and poison nearby enemies. Elemental Attunement complements with Fire Brand, Ice Brand, and Lightning Brand.
- Fire Brand (15 Skill Points): Since this build concentrates on fire skills. Fire Brand lets you deal more fire damage to burning enemies.
Frost (34 Skill Points)
- Frost Phase (1 Skill Point): Use Frost Phase to teleport from one place to another. The skill is excellent for escaping danger or chasing enemies. It’s a 1 point marvel skill.
- Elemental Boon (15 Skill Points): The ultimate Embermage buff skill. Use Elemental Boon only when dealing with elite enemies and bosses since it has more cooldown than the skill duration. Casting Elemental Boon grants you the following: Increase elemental damage. Reduce elemental damage taken. Bonus resistance to slow and immobilization. Additional mana recovery.
- Ice Prison (1 Skill Point): One point marvel skill to trap target. It can save you from strong melee approaching enemies. Or you can use it in hunting down target.
- Astral Ally (15 Skill Points): Lets you summon another Embermage caster so that you can deal more damage.
- Frozen Fate (1 Skill Point): Just put 1 point in this skill and you have chance to immobilize enemies when killing an enemy.
- Ice Brand (1 Skill Point): Having other elemental damage like ice is necessary for high fire resistant enemies. Don’t worry about trigger this passive skill since you have Elemental Attunement etc...
Storm (16 Skill Points)
- Prismatic Rift (15 Skill Points): This passive skill can really save you during elite difficulty.
- Lightning Brand (1 Skill Point): Having other elemental damage like electric is necessary for high fire resistant enemies. Don’t worry about trigger this passive skill since you have Elemental Attunement etc...
- Spell: Elemental Overload - Alternately cast this skill in absence of Elemental Boon.
- Spell: Heal All - It’s a spell that heals you and surrounding allies.
- Tome: Arcane Tools - Whether you use Wands or Staff, this tome can help you.
- Tome: Concentration - Permanently increases your mana recharge rate so that you can spam more skills.
Equipment Affixes Priority
- Stave, Dual Wand, or Wand with Shield: Choose one from the 3 weapon choices: Stave for melee weapon damage. Dual wand for range DPS. Wand with Shield for both range damage and block chance
- All Armor, Health, and Reduce damage taken: Affixes that increases your survivability.
- Critical hit chance and critical hit damage: Affixes multiply your fire damage.
- Increase Fire damage: Since this build is all about dealing fire damage.
Feel free to make your own version of this build.
© 2014 Arc Sosangyo