Arc is a self-help author/speaker and AI thinker. He also make apps as a side hustle.
This Outlander build can control situations for you and your allies favor. Equip with crowd control effects such as knockback, blind, stun, immobilize, slow, interrupt, flee and silence.
Weapon of choice is shotgonnes that can both blast and deal crowd control effects to multiple enemies.
Note: In Torchlight 2, shotgun is spelled as shotgonne.
- Strength (335 Stat Points): Raw strength makes shotgonne’s blast deadly. High damage is your priority since you won’t rely often on defense when controlling enemies.
- Dexterity (160 Stat Points): This stat is the primary requirements ifyou want to equip more powerful shotgonnes on lower levels. But most importantly, dexterity increases critical hit chance, dodge, and fumble recovery.
Warfare (60 Skill Points)
- Rapid Fire (15 Skill Points): Rapid Fire is what you need if desire to focus fire on single target. Use this skill to quickly finish off the most threat. With Rapid Fire it lets shotgonne with slow attack speed fire quickly. By the way, this skill damage enemies in a straight line. It can push back, ignite, and reduce armor.
- Vortex Hex (15 Skill Points): Summoning this skill taunts nearby enemies and can stun them. At higher skill level, Vortex Hex can damage drawn enemies and steal their mana transferring it to caster. This is effective savior if enemies try to swarm the party.
- Long Range Mastery (15 Skill Points): Equip shotgonne gets passive damage increase from this skill. Sadly it cannot increase the shotgonne’s range. That is fine anyway.
- Shotgonne Mastery (15 Skill Points): Shotgonne Mastery is your ultimate crowd control passive skill. While firing using shotgonne, the skill knockbacks and has chance to stun or blind enemies.
Lore (17 Skill Points)
- Tangling Shot (1 Skill Point): Use Tangling Shot if you want to instantly immobilize target. It is a damage overtime skill that scales with player level. Recasting this skill will just restart the effect so don’t spam it for damage sake.
- Bramble Wall (1 Skill Point): Squishy hard hitters in the party will be thankful for this skill. It creates a wall that serves as temporary bunker for range hitters letting them safely fire at enemies.
- Share the Wealth (15 Skill Points): The skill passively shares charge benefit to your party. You also gain extra percentage of charge benefit so everybody is happy in this skill.
Sigil (55 Skill Points)
- Blade Pact (15 Skill Points): Make enemies vulnerable by casting this skill to them. It slows and reduces their armor.
- Repulsion Hex (15 Skill Points): This skill is your defense against melee enemies that tries to reach and hurt you. Repulsion Hex knocksback and can either interrupt or flee target foe.
- Stone Pact (15 Skill Points): Cast positive curse in an area buffing any allies that passes through including yourself. This skill regenerates health, increases all armor, and reflects damage back at attacker.
- Shadowling Mantle (10 Skill Points): Use Shadow Mantle against range attackers. The skill can blind and reflect damage back at them.
- Spell: Silence - Use this spell to stop casters from casting their harmful skills.
- Spell: Haste - The spell is you primary source of massive movement speed. Travelling from one place to another will be quick for you. Offensively, casting haste increases attack speed. It’s good since shotgonnes have slow attack speed.
- Tome: Marksmanship - It increases your shotgonne power more.
- Tome: Concentration - Passively boost mana recharge rate.
Equipment Affixes Priority
- Shotgonne: This weapon not only damages multiple enemies but also deals crowd control effects with
- Shotgonne Mastery: For the sake of balance game play, downside of this weapon is its shorter range and slow attack speed.
- Critical hit chance and Critical hit damage: Having these affixes multiplies the blast damage of shotgonne.
- Bonus strength, dexterity, and vitality: Get more of these stats from items especially vitality which this build lacks.
- Attack Speed: Get this affix because shotgonnes have slow attack speed.
- Health, All Armor, and Damage reduction: You still need health, all armor and damage reduction even you can control the situation.
Feel free to make your own version of this build.
If you like this article, please share.