Anurag loves playing video games. His guides and listicles revolve around popular iOS, Android, PC, and console games.
There are many reasons for slow-loading games on Facebook. Slow Internet speed, outdated browser or a nagging plug-in can make your games load slowly. And if you have a laptop, then the noise your lappy fan makes while the game loads is proof enough that there are some processes are eating up your CPU power. If you are experiencing dawdling load times, even random crashes, then you should follow these steps to fix slow games on Facebook.
Install Firefox's Latest Version
I have dabbled with several browsers like Chrome, Maxthon, IE, but I found Firefox perform way better than other browsers, especially when it comes to playing Facebook games. They don’t crash in-between when the game loads. Moreover, the performance is much better in the newest version. Make you download the latest version of Firefox.
Install the latest version of Flash Player
One of the main reasons for sluggish load times and crashes is an outdated Flash plug-in. With every new game released, the technology gets upgraded and substantial improvements are made to give a memorable gaming experience. Moreover, game developers are looking to introduce console-style 3D gaming experience on Facebook.
Your old Flash player might not be compatible with the changes, which means slow load times, glitches and crashes. You must download the latest Flash player (Right now it’s Flash 11) in order to play new visually-demanding games like Hidden Chronicles, Blackwood and Bell Mysteries and future graphic-intensive games.
- The latest version supports 3D accelerated rendering, ensuring uncompromised Flash gaming and movie-watching experience. It can be installed in 64-bit versions with ease.
- Flash 11 automatically sniffs which OS version (64 or 32) you are using and lets you download the version compatible with your OS.
- Uncheck the McAfee Security scan if you don’t want this feature.
- Once downloaded, install the player by following the on-screen prompts.
- After a few days, the Flash player will ask you for a minor update. Follow the steps (close Firefox browser before doing anything) and update the Flash player.
Now play any games on FB and you will find that most slow games on Facebook will load a bit quicker, and most importantly, won’t crash when the game loads.
1.When a Facebook game loads, right-click on the screen and click on Settings. Click on the folder icon (third icon) and move the slider to the extreme right (check out the screenshot to your right). This will allow your PC to store the game's unlimited data. When the game loads the next time, it will load all data and elements much quicker, thanks to the unlimited setting option.
2. Make sure there aren’t any processors that eat up your laptop/PC speed. Press Shift + Control + Escape keys to open up the Task Manager and end those unwanted processes that you thing hog your CPU. You might also want to try applications like CCleaner to disable unwanted processes if you are afraid of doing it manually.
3. You can try browsers like Maxthon. I have tried this browser and it is pretty impressive, thanks to its nifty turbo mode that ensure quick browsing and faster loading times. You can also separate the Facebook game screen from the browser. But the one drawback is that the browser does update the Flash plug-in after downloading and installing the player. You will have to do it manually.
4. Chrome is also a good web browser, but the current Firefox version is way better. I found all game objects load quickly once I upgraded to the latest Firefox version.
5. Do confirm whether the browser has updated to the latest Flash version. While playing, right-click on the game screen and check the last line, below “Global Settings”.
Screenshot, Courtesy Jewel Kingdom game. Taken by the writer
Any Questions, Suggestions?
By following this step-by-step guide, you will possibly fix slow games on Facebook. If you’re still facing slow load times, then feel free to ask questions and I or my readers will suggest some tips to help you out. Also, do comment if you’ve found a new trick or a simple way to make Facebook games load faster and glitch-free.
(Flash website screenshot provided by the writer)
helena on January 23, 2015:
farhana on May 29, 2013:
my pc has 512 mb RAM. i have upgraded Firefox and adobe flash player to the latest version but still i am facing slow loading problem.what should i do?
Anurag Ghosh (author) on April 24, 2013:
@Kelvin - When the game loads, right-click on the loading screen and set quality to medium/low. Right-click again and this time select settings. In the "local storage" section- drag the slider to "unlimited".
kelvin on April 23, 2013:
i've installed lastest version of google chrome,java,adobe flash player,shockwave flash.
and i also use window 7 ,playing let's fish on facebook is very lag
any solution?or i need to use TBN?(throw buy new ) -_-
abdou on April 05, 2013:
i tried all the browsers firefox is slow but handy
maxthon is amazing
chrome is light and easy
explorer is the worst thing that i ever try to work with
margie on March 07, 2013:
I am just about ready to give up firefox mozilla, I have had nothing but problems . I have uninstall and install flash latest version, and still can not play games on facebook, I keep having server issues, and crashes. I am recommending that if Mozilla does no want to loose customers there IT department should come up with a step by step instructions on how to correct these issues, for all Microsoft programs.
Tofu on December 02, 2012:
Down loaded Google Chrome browser and verified the latest Adobe Flash version.
Much better performance using Chrome vs early version of Internet Explorer.
Thank You !
shamtulang on October 25, 2012:
Anurag Ghosh (author) on October 09, 2012:
You're welcome :)
noob on October 09, 2012:
Dawnna on April 08, 2012:
i have the latest updates, flash and all...and for some reason hidden chronicles is the only game that jumps a line up or down when i play it...any ideas?
Leslie Miler on April 04, 2012:
I will not download the latest foxfire because it is not compatible with my roboform. I have tried it and the games load okay but I still quit Cafe World and left my kitchen full of rotten fish. I can't play a game with 4 hour time limits that crash every time you pick up a plate...you come back in as fast as you can and all the other ten plates are spoiled. Not to mention the fifty plus five minute burgers I tossed in the trash.