It can be a lot of fun to watch the Subsurface Resonator turn zombies into a splash of red liquid. However, similar to the traps in Tranzit, the Subsurface Resonator requires a Turbine. It can still provide an effective defense, but is not as easily transported as the Head Chopper and Trample Steam.
Like many buildables in Buried, all four of the parts for the resonator can be found in the General Store. They can be added to any Building Station, unless there are already parts to another item on that station or one of the resonators' parts have been added to a different station.
- Pick up a part by pressing your action button while close to the part.
- Attach it to a Building Station by pressing your action button while standing close and facing the station.
- Repeat for all four parts.
- The Base
- The Guts
- The Speaker
- The Spinner
The General Store
The General Store sits in the middle of the town area. It is structurally connected to the Bank and is in front of the Gunsmith. There is a front and back entrance to the General Store. The Front Entrance is across from the starting location of the Mystery Box. The back entrance is behind the bank across from the Gunsmith.
The majority of the parts on the map are located in the two floors of the General Store. However, three of the parts for the Subsurface Resonator are located on the bottom floor and only one part is on the second floor.
The bottom floor consists of three areas:
- The Main Area - the large room with shelves in the front of the store.
- The Hallway - The area that leads from the back door to the Main Area.
- The Office - The small room in the back of the store past the Gun Cabinet.
The base of the Subsurface Resonator looks like a wooden board with some metal attached and two playing cards. It is very close to the back door. If you are entering from the back you will be able to see it on your left hand side, laying on the ground by the wall.
This part looks like it holds the electronics that run this device, so I will call it the Guts. It is on the second floor right at the top of the steps. As you reach the top of the steps look to the top right corner. You should see it sitting there. However, it blends in slightly with the background.
The Speaker is an essential component since this device attacks with sound. This part is in the main area, but is almost touching the hallway. It is across from the Weapon Cabinet. When coming in the back door you will see it on your left as you enter the main room.
This part looks like the center section of a roulette wheel that spins around. It is located on top of a cabinet in the main area. If you are entering from the front you would see it on your left after you pass the large shelf that is also on your left. A part for the Head Chopper is on the counter across from this counter, so they can be easily confused.
Missing a Part?
A part might be missing if:
- A player is holding the part and either not talking or just not telling you.
- A player picked up the part and then went down. Going down will cause you to drop your part even if revived. If the player did not pick the part back up, then it will be laying where they went down.
- A player picked it up, and then decided to pick up another Building Station part before installing the first. This will cause the first part to drop in the location of the new part. A part that does not go to a Building Station will not cause the player to drop a Building Station part.
If they part is not there:
- First ask the other players if they are holding the part.
- If that does not work, go to any locations where players went down and see if it is on the ground.
- If you still can not find the part, look in the areas where other parts are normally located to see if the part is on the ground. All Building Station parts are located in the General Store. Since non Building Station parts do not cause you to drop Building station parts, then you will not need to look outside the General Store.
Note: I have found the parts in the same location eight games in a row and never any other location. I will continue to check the locations, and will edit this article if I every find them in a different location and am sure they were not moved by another player.