Arc is a self-help author/speaker and AI thinker. He also make apps as a side hustle.
This is my main role play character in Skyrim that is more than capable in legendary difficulty. It's a melee build that deals really powerful physical and magic damage. The character can also tank heavy hits especially magical type of damage.
I call this Storm God Knight because of its affinity to shock and cold (it also deals fire damage too).
In case you asked, I'm playing the game on Nintendo Switch
Before anything else
The reason why the build becomes overpowered is because of its gear.
Refer on this link if you wanted to learn how I crafted overpowered gears
Stalhrim Greatsword (Legendary)
Aside from its powerful weapon damage, this greatsword can is enchanted to deal 3 type of magic: fire, frost, and shock. Since it's a stalhrim weapon, it deals extra frost damage.
Gold Diamond Necklace
Enchanted with increase in two-handed attacks and increase in health.
Gold Sapphire Ring
Enchanted with increase in two-handed attacks and increase in health.
Ebony Armor (Legendary)
I choose the ebony set for this character.
The body armor is enchanted with increase in health and increase in stamina.
Ebony Boots (Legendary)
The boots is enchanted with increase in stamina and increase in two-handed attacks.
Ebony Gauntlets (Legendary)
The gauntlets in enchanted with increase in two-handed attacks and increase in magicka.
This is supposed to be Ebony Helmet, but since I already reached the max armor cap of 567, and I want to somehow customize the look of my character (own personal opinion).
My mage hood is specifically enchanted to increase magicka and magicka regeneration.
Although I can make the gear better that what is listed here, I decided not to craft more powerful ones since it will make the gameplay boring.
Breton is my personal favorite race because of its passive 25% magic resistance. This works really well for paladin or dark knight based build like this one.
- Health: Should be 600 minimum (higher is better) in order for the character to take multiple blows from powerful enemies in legendary difficulty.
- Stamina: Should be 300 minimum (higher is better).
- Magicka: Should be 550 minimum to be able to cast master level spells with master perks.
Important: After I crafted all my gears, I restarted my perk points for redistribution to other perks.
The primary perk. My main priority here is to increase the damage and effectiveness of greatsword that I'm wielding.
- Barbarian (5/5)
- Deep Wounds (3/3)
- Champion's Stance: This can preserve your stamina when doing power attacks.
- Devastating Blow: For power attacks, this character does the standing one most of the time.
This character is a paladin by default. Dealing large melee damage while having mastery of healing wounds and smiting the undead.
- Novice Restoration
- Apprentice Restoration
- Adept Restoration
- Expert Restoration
- Master Restoration: So that stats are not wasted too much on magicka for casting master level restoration spells.
- Respite: Healing your stamina is very useful for weapon wielding characters.
- Regeneration: Makes your healing spells more effective.
- Necromage: Since you'll be dealing with a lot of undead enemies most of the time in the dungeons.
- Restoration Dual Casting: This character uses both hands regardless whether it's wielding weapons or casting spells.
- Recovery (2/2): For better magicka regeneration.
- Avoid Death: Comes in handy when the character is placed in a difficult spot.
The most useful perks in alteration are the magic resistance and atronach that increases your capability to tank magic attacks.
- Novice Alteration
- Apprentice Alteration
- Adept Alteration
- Expert Alteration
- Magic Resistance (3/3): At max, this can block 20% of spell's effect.
- Atronach: Grants spell absorption.
Mainly for buffing the shock, cold, and fire damage of enchanted weapon. So the most important perks here are the Augmented types.
- Novice Destruction
- Apprentice Destruction
- Adept Destruction: You stop here. This is for reducing the magicka cost of dual casting cloak spells.
- Destruction Dual Casting: Increases the radius and duration of cloak spells when dual cast.
- Augmented Flames (2/2)
- Augmented Frost (2/2)
- Augmented Shock (2/2)
- Disintegrate: Compliments well with lightning cloak spell for melee build like this.
I didn't put that much here since I already reached the max cap of armor from crafting and spells.
- Juggernaut (1/5):
- Fists of Steel: For prerequisite only.
- Cushioned: For prerequisite as well since my character is not wearing full set.
- Conditioning: Allows you to negate the weight of the heavy armor.
Even without a shield, the perk is still useful for the build.
- Shield Wall (5/5)
- Quick Reflex: Gives you more time to respond.
- Power Bash: For staggering more effectively.
- Deadly Bash
- Disarming Bash
- Novice Conjuration
- Apprentice Conjuration
- Adept Conjuration
- Expert Conjuration
- Master Conjuration: You need to decrease magicka cost, to be able to summon Storm Thrall so that stats are not wasted too much on magicka.
- Summoner (1/2): You just need one point here for prerequisite.
- Elemental Potency
- Twin Souls: So that you can have 2 active Storm Thralls.
The most important perk here for this build is the Snakeblood. The rest are just for prerequisite.
- Alchemist (1/5)
- Snakeblood: This is a passive perk that massively increases the poison resistance of character.
Spells and Shouts
For spells, I just listed all that I'm actively using in end-game.
- Close Wounds: My main healing spell for recovering the health of my character.
- Grand Healing: For massive instant heal which also includes my followers.
- Vampire Bane: Just for fun, I use this to kill vampires or any undead mobs on adept difficulty. Especially during dawnguard dlc.
- Bane of the Undead: For nuking mobs of undead.
- Guardian Circle: Best defensive skill. It continuously heals your character while repelling undead creatures.
- Candlelight: Because it's seriously dark in most dungeons.
- Paralyze: Really comes in handy for certain situations.
- Ebony Flesh: For reaching max armor rating.
- Lightning Cloak: For triggering Disintegrate perk while fighting in melee combat.
- Frost Cloak: I sometimes cast this instead, if there's a need for some crowd control.
- Summon Arvak: If I need a horse.
- Storm Thrall: My permanent summon that shoots or release lightning. Storm Thrall is a versatile summon, effective for both melee and range
- Unrelenting Force: An effective crowd control shout.
- Whirlwind Spirit: For instant gap closer. It's also good for traveling.
- Storm Call: I use this when I want to all out with lightning. Looks cool as well.
Standing Stone Blessings
Atronach Stone: Increases magicka to 50 points. More importantly, it grants 50% spell absorption. But it comes with a cost of decreasing magicka regeneration by 50%. Which is still a good price for a very powerful buff.
© 2021 Arc Sosangyo