As you might have expected, Huntsman's Copse is no walk in the park. (Not a nice park, anyway.) Undead lurk in every shadow, bandits abound, and the walkways are treacherous. It only gets worse from here on in, as well, as you make your way along the edge of a gorge and seek out the inevitable boss fight that waits beyond the steady cascade of a waterfall...
- Leave the Bonfire's enclosure and head right, towards the small bridge at the side of the building. There will be a ghoul on your right as you approach, and another with a torch will traipse across the bridge. Kill both.
- Before passing over the bridge, check the outcropping of land to your left. You'll find a corpse bearing a Large Soul of a Lost Undead and a Small Orange Burr. Be wary approaching this corpse - a rogue on your right will leap out from behind a tree and try to brain you.
- Back to the bridge. There's a shambling, hulking figure with two oversized sickles on the other side. He has a decent chunk of HP, but he's slow and his attacks are nice and predictable. Be careful upon entering the woods, as there's another poison-spewing butterfly in the trees overhead.
- There are several ways to go on the other side of the bridge. To the right you'll find a path to a new area; it's tougher than where you are now, and not currently recommended. Check out this article for more details.
- Straight ahead you'll see a telltale corpse light. Run to it and you'll meet another sickle-wielder. Kill him off and enter the hutt you find. Inside is a corpse carrying a Large Soul of a Nameless Soldier and a Lifegem. (I think. Does anyone know what the second item was? I got spooked and forgot in the time it took to get somewhere safe.)
- To the left of this hut is another corpse light, watched over by another sickle-wielder. Wipe him out and check the corpse to receive an Aromatic Ooze. Further left is yet another item light, this time watched over by two sitting ghouls and a poisonous moth in the tree overhead. It holds a Lifegem.
- Return to the bridge. Hug the wall to your right instead until it turns into a slope. Ascend the slope and two bandits will dart at you from the trees. Draw them down and take them out. There's a third one up here as well, when you reach the top of the slope, and he'll fire arrows at you from afar.
- Hug the left wall. You'll find a small, rough hut that's barred. Check the side of it to find a hole leading inside. Approach the switch on the floor, but roll back out - a bandit's about to leap down on your head. Deal with him, then pull the lever. It will lower a massive iron bridge outside.
- Kill the archer that pops out near the bridge, then check the cliff beside him. You'll find the top of a hut you couldn't enter earlier. Go through the hole and you'll find a Soul Spear, two Poison Mosses, and a Green Blossom inside. Pop back outside.
- Cross the bridge. You'll find a rather ghoulish heap of burning corpses on the other side, illuminating a cave. You can choose either the cave or the bridge to your left to get to your next destination; we'll try the bridge in this section.
- There's a bandit on the other side. Take him down, then follow the narrow path as it bends. There's another bandit as you round the corner -
- - and an archer will fire at you from afar. Lure the melee bandit away, deal with him, and quickly run along the chasm to get to the archer. Two more melee fighters are up here (the archer will swap when you get close enough), so retreat again and deal with them at the bridge. If you get lucky, one of them will fall off the cliff on the way down.
- Proceed down the narrow canyon ahead. The path will widen, and you'll see a shining corpse laying in the open. This will probably fill you with paranoia, aaaaand rightly so - three bandits will ambush you if you get too close. One's an archer, so pull back into the canyon and deal with the melee warriors before going after him. Arrow harassment can get you killed. The corpse carries ten Poison Throwing Knives.
- Head towards the waterfall. You'll hit a slope, and beyond it is a ledge you must leap to. Leap right at the edge, and let go of the joystick when you land, lest you fly off and down. Look beneath your perch for another bandit you can snipe.
- Hop down to the path below and walk along it, away from the waterfall. You'll come up behind two bandits around the next bend. Ambush and kill them. They're watching over a small hut to your right, built into the rock wall, and inside you'll find two more bandits. Off them to collect their treasure: the Undead Lockaway Key.
- If you continue to follow this path you'll find a rear entrance for a cave ahead, as well as the path back to the next Bonfire. You now have the key to get into it, as well, which is a blessing. Inside you'll find a man named Creighton; if you spoke to the soldier Pate in Forest of Fallen Giants, you'll discover some disturbing things. Keep talking to Creighton to learn the Fist Pump gesture. Woo.
- Alternately, you can continue down the path towards the waterfall. It leads into the base of the structure over which the waterfall flows. Slip behind the waterfall and you'll find a mist door leading to a nice, big boss fight. We'll address that later. There's also a path into a cave that's full of regenerating skeletons, an alternate route to get out here. (I prefer the cliffs, myself.)
Matt Bird (author) from Canada on March 18, 2014:
Thanks very much. I'll look through my inventory, figure out what it was, and edit it in. Hopefully I didn't sell it.
Eli on March 18, 2014:
The item in the hut was a Morning Star weapon :)