Thematic Philately: Apollo 11
United States and some other countries issued postage stamps after Apollo 11 astronauts Neil Armstrong and Edwin Aldrin walked on moon. Neil Armstrong was the first Mano to land on Moon, followed by Aldrin. It was 20th of July 1969.
Here are some of the stamps on this great achievement by Man.
1. A stamp of 8 Cents Value by USA, titling United States in Space
2. Another Stamp by USA valued 10 Cents, First Man on The Moon
3. After a decade of Achievements, USA issued this stamp with the photo of Lunar Module Eagle, a part of Apollo 11 mission
4. A USA stamp portraying the two Astronauts of the Apollo 11 Mission setting a flag of United States on the Moon
5. Neil Armstrong Saluting on the Moon. A postal stamp by USA
6. India also issued a stamp on this great achievement by Man. The stamp portrays Neil Armstrong with the Lunar Module
7. This colorful stamp on this achievement was issued by Grenada
- A Pictorial Tribute to Astronaut Neil Armstrong
This is one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind -Neil Armstrong after landing on moon. It was the first quote from surface of moon. Neil Armstrong, the first man to walk on the moon, was my schooldays hero. I remember that I had pasted m
- Moon Landing Hoax: What is the Reality?
Many people believe that man never landed on the moon, and the said moon landing is just a hoax. What is the reality?
- Famous Jains on Postal Stamps
Many Jains have contributed to development of India and its culture. Some of them have got place on the postal stamps and postal stationary of India. Here are some of the stamps and postal stationary featuring the great Jains.
- Albert Einstein Stamps
Albert Einstein was one of the most famous scientist we ever saw. He is known as father of modern physics. He is famous for his theory of general relativity. He got Nobel Prize in physics for his contribution to theoretical physics. Many countries ha
- First Mahatma Gandhi Stamps India 1948
On the first anniversary of India's freedom, the postal department of India issued a set of 4 stamps featuring Mahatma Gandhi. These stamps were in 4 denominations, 1.5, 3.5 and 12 Anaas*, and 10Rupees. These are the first of the Gandhi stamps ever.