|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
serves 5 people
- 5 - Boiled Eggs, peeled
- 2 big - Onions, finely chopped or grated
- 3 big - Tomatoes, finely chopped or pureed
- 3 tablespoons - Oil
- 1 teaspoon - Ginger Garlic, paste or finely minced
- 1 or 2 - Green chilly, optional
- Salt, as per taste
- Coriander leaves, for garnishing
- 1/2 teaspoon - Sugar, optional
- 1 small - Bay leaf, optional
- 2-3 - Cloves, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon - Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon - Red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon - Coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon - Cumin seeds
- In a pan take 1 tbsp of oil and add a pinch of turmeric powder and 2 pinches of salt at medium flame.
- Add the boiled eggs to the pan and saute for 3-5 mins until golden in color. Keep the eggs aside.
- For Curry: Add 2 tbsp of oil in a pan and add bay leaf, cloves, cumin seeds at medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add Onion to the pan and fry till onions turn golden in color.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute for 1 minute. Now add tomatoes and saute well followed by adding red chilly powder, garam masala, coriander powder, turmeric, sugar & salt.
- Note: If you don't have Indian spices then don't worry -- Adding a bare minimum of Turmeric powder, Cumin seed, Red chilly powder will be sufficient. The taste will be a little compromising but not at all bad.
- Now cover the pan with a lid & let all the ingredients mix up well with onion tomatoes paste. After 5 mins uncover the pan and mix everything nicely. Cover the pan again for 2-3 minutes.
- By this time onion tomato paste will become somewhat dry. Now add water to it to make a gravy.
- Adjust the salt as per your taste. Now leave the gravy at medium flame for 5-7 minutes.
- Now add the eggs which we have fried in step 2. Garnish the curry with coriander leaves.
- Tadaaa... our yummy egg curry is ready to be served with Plain rice or Bread
© 2020 Himanshi
Scroll to Continue