|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
For boiling pasta:
- 1 cup penne pasta or shell pasta
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon oil (of one's choice)
- salt as per taste
For white sauce:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons wheat flour
- 1 cup milk (raw or boiled)
- 2-3 nos sliced dry red chilli (or 1tbsp chilli flakes)
- 1 tablespoon pizza seasoning
- ½ tablespoon black pepper
- 3-4 tablespoons grated processed cheese
- salt as per taste
For Boiling Pasta
- Clean the pasta with water till the water becomes clear.
- In a pot, heat 3 cups of water. To this add 1 tbsp of oil, some salt, and stir them well. Caution- The water should give a strong flavour of salt when tasted.
- As the water boils, add 1 cup of cleaned pasta to this pot and stir well.
- Boil the mix for 7-8 minutes, or until the pasta is three-fourth cooked.
- Drain the water and then keep the pasta aside.
For White Sauce
- Simultaneously, place a pan on another stove. As the pan heats up, melt 2 tbsp of butter in it.
- Now add 3 tbsp of wheat flour and saute it well with the butter in low flame for about 1 minute. Caution- Don't wait till the colour changes to brown.
- Pour some milk into the pan and mix it well. Then pour some more milk and mix it. Repeat the same until the whole lot of liquid finishes. Caution- If you add a full cup of milk at first, then lumps may develop. So always add milk in steps with thorough mixing.
- Add 2-3 sliced dry red chillies, 1 tbsp pizza seasoning, 1/2 tbsp black pepper, along with some salt to the pan, and stir for about 30 seconds. Tip- Scissors are the best to slice dry red chillies. Just cut it into tiny pieces.
- Now add grated cheese and stir continuously till the cheese melts.
- Once the cheese melts completely and aroma begins to spread, your sauce is ready to mix.
For White Sauce Pasta
- Add-in the drained pasta to the bubbling sauce pan.
- Mix the sauce and the pasta properly till the sauce is coated evenly over the pasta and turn off the flame.
- Hurray! Yummy cheesy white sauce pasta is ready. Tip- White sauce pasta tastes its best when served hot.