White Chicken Nachos!
Looking for a great appetizer or even party food this is delicious and easy to serve? This is hands down my favorite nacho dish, I plan meals around how I can include this awesome dish. It goes over great with my herd of kids too! It's quite simple & you can make double batches to reheat later when your feeling a bit lazy about cooking.
|Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 to 1 1/3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced red bell pepper
- 1 pound diced boiled chicken
- 1 1/3 pounds white American cheese
- Yellow corn tortilla chips
- Pour 1 cup milk into a heavy saucepan (see note) set over medium-low heat. Bring to about 170
- degrees (steaming, but not quite to a simmer). Add cheese and continue to cook, stirring frequently,
- until cheese is melted. Add chicken, onion, bell pepper and jalapeno; cook until heated through,
- about 3 minutes. If sauce is too thick, add enough of the remaining 1/3 cup milk to thin to desired consistency. To serve, place a layer of tortilla chips in a shallow bowl. Drizzle with sauce. Repeat
- layers to desired serving size.
What do you think?
Wednesday-Elf from Savannah, Georgia on February 19, 2014:
My son would love this recipe. I'll have to share it with him. :)
Nancy Tate Hellams from Pendleton, SC on February 19, 2014:
Sounds delicious. Thanks
Merry Citarella from Oregon's Southern Coast on January 29, 2014:
Looks delicious--gotta love nachos!
writerkath on December 04, 2013:
This sounds like an excellent party food! :)
Rose Jones on July 31, 2013:
This sounds delicious, easy and bound to be eaten a lot. Pinned to my chicken board.
Margaret Schindel from Massachusetts on July 31, 2013:
Nom nom! I'd probably used roasted rather than boiled chicken in mine and experiment with different cheeses. I love playing with recipes. Thanks so much for sharing!
Susan Hazelton from Summerfield, Florida on July 31, 2013:
This recipe looks amazing.
Angela F from Seattle, WA on July 16, 2013:
Sounds yummy - I'd sub Monterrey Jack in mine tho'