When I find a dish that I truly love at a restaurant, I can't resist trying to replicate it at home. It's a favorite game that my husband and I play together, and it expands our arsenal of recipes at home.
This past summer, I was at the Angry Minnow Brew Pub and Restaurant in Hayward, Wisconsin and came across this Brussels sprouts dish. It made my mouth water for months afterward just to think about it. I knew I had to have it again, and because the restaurant's menu changes with the seasons, I was going to need to figure out the recipe to ensure I could eat this dish again and again.
I love this dish with fresh Brussels sprouts, right off the stalk, from my local produce farmer, but frozen works well too in a pinch. Eat it as a full meal just for yourself, or it also works great as a quick, easy, nutritious and colorful side dish. I hope you love it as much as I do!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- About 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1 -2 Tablespoons olive oil (enough to coat the sprouts)
- Salt (to taste)
- Onion powder (to taste)
- Garlic powder (to taste)
- 1/4 cup craisins (dried cranberries)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/8 cup Gorgonzola cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut Brussels sprouts in half and toss with olive oil in a bowl. Sprinkle with salt, onion powder, and/or garlic powder to taste.
- Spread the sprouts (inside down) on a baking sheet. I lined mine with aluminum foil to make clean up quick and easy.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the outsides are starting to turn brown (times will vary based on your oven and the size(s) of you Brussels sprouts.
- When the sprouts are nearly done, add the walnuts and craisins to the baking sheet and put back in the oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer immediately to a serving dish. Add the Gorgonzola cheese while the rest of the dish is still hot.
- Serve and enjoy!!
Here are some link parties and blog hops this page is linked to. Click on any of them to view hundreds more DIY ideas, crafts, recipes, and much more.
- Time to Party Link Party-palooza (Today's Creative Blog)
- Foodie Friday (Rattlebridge Farm)
- Mix It Up Monday (Flour Me with Love)
What do you think of this Brussels sprouts recipe?
lesliesinclair on November 04, 2013:
With your recipe maybe I could cook a tasty brussels sprouts dish, as I've failed in the past, but when my daughter cooks them they are the highlight of the meal.
Margaret Schindel from Massachusetts on November 04, 2013:
Even though I'm not a huge Brussels sprouts fan, these sound fabulous! You might make a convert out of me yet. ;) Best of luck in the November Food Club Quest! :)
anonymous on November 04, 2013:
Oh my, looks so good! Good luck in the November Squidoo Food Club Quest
Kathryn Grace from San Francisco on November 04, 2013:
It looks positively delicious. Thank you for sharing it.